Warning to Candidates for State Rep
Your all sick

Westwood, MA

#21 Feb 26, 2013
You people that hide behind your computers and bash people are sick. No balls to say any of this nonsense to anyone's face. Crawl back under your rock psychos.
U too

Boston, MA

#22 Feb 26, 2013
Your all sick wrote:
You people that hide behind your computers and bash people are sick. No balls to say any of this nonsense to anyone's face. Crawl back under your rock psychos.
Would YOU say THAT to someone's face, you psycho hiding behind a computer. LOL.
Mike

Malden, MA

#23 Feb 26, 2013
Your all sick wrote:
The only sicko is you. This is a discussion about someones opinion of candidates. this is what people do. Lighten up its not that important.
HORRIBLE ABSENTEES

Lawrence, MA

#24 Feb 26, 2013
HEY.... THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE ABSENTEES AND THE STOLEN ELECTIONS. SEE..... THIS IS WHY PEOPLE SAY THE BLOGS ARE BS. THOSE OF US WHO WANT TO SPEAK ON A THREAD ARE PENALIZED. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT OTHER STUFF. START A THREAD
ITSGONE

Everett, MA

#25 Feb 26, 2013
id be shocked if anyone tried to play bs games with the absentee ballots this time. Can anyone be that stupid?
Dim Bulbs

Everett, MA

#26 Feb 26, 2013
ITSGONE wrote:
id be shocked if anyone tried to play bs games with the absentee ballots this time. Can anyone be that stupid?
Three letters..........yes..........
You've never seen a council meeting have you?
TRAVIS

Medford, MA

#27 Feb 26, 2013
Get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you for real? We throw out the window a lot more than $60,000.00 over foolish things and no one blinks an eye. We spent hundreds of thousands of dollars for flowers on state property! But, the city council and residents request an audit and you don't like the outcome, you use the truth against a person. You are reaching. Give me a break.
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.
HORRIBLE ABSENTEES

Lawrence, MA

#28 Feb 27, 2013
They're already saying there's 200 or better absentees in the Clerk's Office. LET THE GAMES BEGIN. SHAME SHAME
Long Time Voter

Winthrop, MA

#29 Feb 27, 2013
I am sure there are some legitimate absentee ballots but when it gets into several hundred it makes one wonder. I hope the City Clerk and the Registrar of Voters are keeping a handle on this.

I heard some candidates are considering to challenge each and every absentee vote as they are being counted.

I also heard there will be attorneys on retainer for the legal challenges.

Sounds like most of the candidates are not going to put up with any BS this time around. Good for them.
HORRIBLE ABSENTEES

Lawrence, MA

#30 Feb 27, 2013
Honestly? I'm to the point I agree with that. It absolute disgusts me.
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#31 Feb 27, 2013
Getting supper-time phone calls now from the candidates, or their supporters. The weekend will only be worse.
huh

Cambridge, MA

#32 Feb 28, 2013
Long Time Voter wrote:
I am sure there are some legitimate absentee ballots but when it gets into several hundred it makes one wonder. I hope the City Clerk and the Registrar of Voters are keeping a handle on this.
I heard some candidates are considering to challenge each and every absentee vote as they are being counted.
I also heard there will be attorneys on retainer for the legal challenges.
Sounds like most of the candidates are not going to put up with any BS this time around. Good for them.
You can not challenge each and every absentee. That is state law. Please check PROVISIONAL votes also! There's an issue with those that no one is bringing up!

There are over 200 absentees in the city clerks office right now for next weeks election. This is concerning to me and lawyers had better be on stand-by! It's a total abuse and contrary to what people are being told by the mayor that it's their 'right" it NOT a right it was designed for the sick/disabled and the military.

Remember - PROVISIONAL BALLOTS
Long Time Voter

Winthrop, MA

#33 Feb 28, 2013
What are "provisional ballots"? I've never heard of them.
Sammy

Winthrop, MA

#34 Feb 28, 2013
I googled it and here is what it says.

http://www.malegislature.gov/laws/generallaws...
Mike

Malden, MA

#35 Feb 28, 2013
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You can not challenge each and every absentee. That is state law. Please check PROVISIONAL votes also! There's an issue with those that no one is bringing up!
There are over 200 absentees in the city clerks office right now for next weeks election. This is concerning to me and lawyers had better be on stand-by! It's a total abuse and contrary to what people are being told by the mayor that it's their 'right" it NOT a right it was designed for the sick/disabled and the military.
Remember - PROVISIONAL BALLOTS
PROVISIONAL BALLOTS will have no effect on the election.
huh

Cambridge, MA

#36 Feb 28, 2013
My understanding from the past is people have voted (their votes count) but are not on the check off list at the polls.

Some "may" have voted twice or even more. It's just like the absentees....you get scum bags like Smith who figure out how to use this to win elections and fool the system. SHAME on the people in charge for looking the other way!!!!!! Secretary Galvin's office is downplaying it because they don't want the scandal when Galvin goes for re-election.

So, for instance...a registered Republican who did not change their status on time can vote provisionally and vote for the democrat (just an example) it's a little bit of running around and the warden has no right to ask for your ID since Massachusetts has not adopted the voter ID.

We can have people from Somerville come and vote provisionally and give an Everett address. They get a form from city hall....go to the polls (NOT on that check off list) by giving city hall any Everett address (no one verifies it) and their votes count.

The candidate has a voter list and you can give ANY Everett address (registered or not) HUGE margin for error and of course....anyone who knows how to beat the system (like the SMITHS) and have a lot of crooks do the dirty work for them, ultimately win elections...by cheating this way.
Sammy

Winthrop, MA

#37 Feb 28, 2013
Didn't I read some where Mangan worked on one of Smith's campaigns, Matewsky worked for Smith at the State House and Conellio works where absentee ballots were sent?

Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#38 Feb 28, 2013
SAMMY: I believe you are correct in what you are saying in your post.

I've tried to figure out who to vote for in this election. Like it or not, I believe Hanlon is the only one to vote for this time around anyway.

Remember, he spent $37K of his own funds to run against Smith in the last state rep. election. Basically he was cheated out of a win by Smith.

He has no connection to Smith (never worked for him, never worked on any of Smith's campaigns, and no absentee ballots were ever sent to an address connected with him).

Although yes he muffed it as mayor, he is a long-time Everett pol and never really had a scandal associated with him or his family. Basically I believe he is an honest man and will do a better job as state rep than the other candidates.

This household, after conversations amongst ourselves and others, will vote for Hanlon.
Sammy

Winthrop, MA

#39 Feb 28, 2013
Although I believe Hanlon is a decent person I can't get past his two years as mayor. For me it has come down to a process of elimination.
jim

Chelsea, MA

#40 Mar 3, 2013

It sounds like Matewsky the Master at absentee ballots is at it again.He was seen putting signs up on a Sunday.I think that is illegal.He has more signs up than Obama had.He should look in the mirrow ,and take himself out of the race.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saugus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does the Mayor deserve a raise? (Apr '15) 12 min Joe Friday 49
Father Joey Voices 1 hr PizzaBoy 6
chickens as pets? (Jul '09) 2 hr EverettCitizen 26
Is every white person in Everett a drug addict 3 hr EverettCitizen 3
Review: Town Of Saugus (Dec '15) 9 hr Our guardians 23
Review: Elite Financial Services (Jul '12) Sat Sharing the burden 10
The Cowsills play Kowloon in Saugus on Thursday (Aug '13) Sat Pass the plate 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saugus Mortgages