Comments
1 - 20 of 138 Comments Last updated Feb 11, 2014
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
catchick30

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 2, 2006
 
I've moved from the area but was told an acquaintance was beaten almost to death, but can't find anything in the news. has anyone heard of a man being beaten in Catskill (or near by) in the last few days?
tmhinla

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 2, 2006
 
is this person named mike? if so, then yes, it's true. he has since died.
concerned citizen

Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 2, 2006
 
When and where did this happen
tmhinla

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 2, 2006
 
concerned citizen wrote:
When and where did this happen
i don't know all the details - i just heard today, in fact. i do know there was some sort of an altercation in greene county and this person was severely beaten. found out a couple of hours ago that he did not make it.
catchick30

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 2, 2006
 
yes his name is Mike, I knew he was brain dead but being kept alive for organ donation, but still can not find anything specific about it. Have checked news stations and such and find NOTHING.
nicky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 2, 2006
 

Judged:

2

His Name was Mike and he was a good friend he was beeten in the head with a steel pipe. people just don't think anymore, the person who killed him just got out of prison. I hope that he pays for what he did. I can't beleive that this happened and nothing is in the news. He was a good guy and because he visited a X girl friend he shood not be dead now.
Rest in Peace MIKE F.
tmhinla

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 2, 2006
 
right there with ya. i've knew mike for almost 30 years. hard to believe he's gone. it's a sad sad turn of events. the world is a strange place these days.

he'll be remembered, and people will be telling funny stories about him for many years to come.

he will be sorely missed.
Roger

High Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 2, 2006
 
Yes, it's true. Michael Formichelli died today apparently. I just found out minutes ago. He was my cousin's son.
BETH

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 3, 2006
 
Roger wrote:
Yes, it's true. Michael Formichelli died today apparently. I just found out minutes ago. He was my cousin's son.
THIS IS HORRIBLE, WHY CAN'T WE FIND ANYTHING OUT IN THE NEWS. HE HAS SEVERAL FRIENDS CALLING ALL OVER BUT CAN'T FIND ANYTHING OUT. HAS THE PERSON OR PERSON WHO DID THIS BEEN CAUGHT. MIKE WAS A GREAT GUY ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP A FRIEND. WE WILL MISS YOU MIKE
formichelli

Aliso Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 3, 2006
 
BETH wrote:
<quoted text> THIS IS HORRIBLE, WHY CAN'T WE FIND ANYTHING OUT IN THE NEWS. HE HAS SEVERAL FRIENDS CALLING ALL OVER BUT CAN'T FIND ANYTHING OUT. HAS THE PERSON OR PERSON WHO DID THIS BEEN CAUGHT. MIKE WAS A GREAT GUY ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP A FRIEND. WE WILL MISS YOU MIKE
Mike is my Nephew, and , as posted here, was declared dead this morning as a result of this incident. There are arrangements being made for his funeral in Hudson, NY. There are no details being distributed on the exact nature of this altercation and the legal status of those who have been charged.
joe

Aliso Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 3, 2006
 
hey Roger/Darleen, is that you in Pleasant Valley? This is Joe in California. Will be Hudson on Sunday.
Roger

Somers, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 3, 2006
 
Joe,
Yes, it's me in Pleasant Valley. I've not heard from my Mom when the funeral will be. I'm sure we'll be seeing you then next week if you're in Hudson.
I'll try calling you later. I believe I still have your phone number.
joe wrote:
hey Roger/Darleen, is that you in Pleasant Valley? This is Joe in California. Will be Hudson on Sunday.
catchick30

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 3, 2006
 
I am sorry for your loss. I knew Mike thru mutual friends in Hudson. He has friends here in NC that will miss him dearly.
Roger

Somers, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 3, 2006
 
Thank you catchick30.
catchick30 wrote:
I am sorry for your loss. I knew Mike thru mutual friends in Hudson. He has friends here in NC that will miss him dearly.
catchick30

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 3, 2006
 
If interested in the local news release about Mike you can read it at www.wnyt.com and also www.wten.com .
FROM HELL TO HEAVEN

Greenville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 11, 2006
 
I NEW THE PEOPLE WHO COMMITTED THIS HIDEOUS CRIME. FROM WHAT I HEAR ABOUT THE VICTIM ( WHOM I HAD NEVER MET )HE SOUNDED LIKE A VERY NICE PERSON AND PERHAPS DID NOT EXPECT OR UNDERSTAND WHAT THESE PEOPLE ARE CAPABLE OF.
I WAS TRAPPED IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH ONE OF THE INDIVIDUALS AND EVERY TIME THAT HE HURT ME HE GOT AWAY WITH IT. DEYO IS AN INFAMOUS NAME IN CATSKILL AND GREENE COUNTY. IF ANYONE HAD ANY QUESTION AS TO WHY DEYO WAS NOT ARRESTED IMMEDIETLY THAT NIGHT AS WAS PINE, IT COULD BE BECAUSE DEYO'S BROTHER IS A POLICE OFFICER ( NEED I SAY MORE !) PLEASE DON'T THINK FOR ONE MOMENT THAT DEYO'S 911 CALL WAS A SIGN OF COMPASSION OR INDICATION OF INNOCENCE. IT'S THE CLASSIC CASE OF THE PERPERTRATER TRYING TO COVER HIS """. DEYO CARES ABOUT NO ONE BUT HIMSELF AS DOES PINE. THANK GOD STATE TROOPERS STEPPED IN OR ELSE THIS REALLY MAY HAVE BECOME A BOTCHED CASE. DEYO WAS PROTECTED ALL OF HIS LIFE THROUGH ALL OF HIS CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY AND OTHERWISE. JUST A PURE HEARTLESS INDIVIDUAL AND A WACK JOB. ADOPTED BY HIS FAMILY, PERHAPS THEY HAD PITTY ON HIM, ALL THEY DID WAS MAKE HIM WORSE BY COVERING UP AND PAYING HIS DEBTS AND SHELTERING HIM THROUGHOUT ADULTHOOD.
PINE WAS ALWAYS A MENTAL CASE AND ALWAYS A BAD INFLUENCE ON MIKE. MIKE WAS BAD BUT, PINE ALWAYS SEEMED TO BRING THE EVIL ELEMENT. THEY WOULD GO OUT COMMITTING CRIMES AND NEVER GET CAUGHT AND WHEN THEY DID, THERE WAS ALWAYS SOMEONE TO GET THEM OUT. PINE WAS ALWAYS EVIL AND SICK IN THE HEAD. THESE TWO MADE A VERY HIDEOUS PAIR AND IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME. MAYBE IF GREENE COUNTY DID A BETTER JOB HANDLING THESE DEGENERATES, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMIT THIS CRIME AND THINGS LIKE THIS WOULD NOT HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE.IF THEY WILL NOT FIGHT THE CRIME ~ PROTECT AND SERVE ~ THEN THEY ARE ONE OF THEM AND THEREFOR THEY HAVE ENCOURAGED IT.IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY AND THE NAME IN GREENE COUNTY AND IF " THEY " HAVE IT , THEY COULD BE GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER. PERHAPS IT'S TIME THAT THE LOVED ONE'S AND FRIENDS OF MICHAEL FORMICHELLI LOOK INTO THE CORRUPTION AND TAKE A STAND AGAINST THESE RUTHLESS COWARDS TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY OUTSIDE OF THE PRISON YARD. I HATE THEM AND HATED THEM FOR A LONG TIME FOR MY OWN REASONS. I SPEAK THE TRUTH ABOUT THEM 100% AND I KNOW MIKE DEYO LIKE NO OTHER. I CAN SPEAK ABOUT HIS CHARACTER WITHOUT A DOUBT IN MY MIND. I HATE TO GET INVOLVED, I LIKE TO MIND MY OWN BUSINESS BUT, THERE IS CLEARLY A PROBLEM WITH THE SYSTEM. THESE RATTS SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL 15 YEARS AGO!I KEEP READING THAT THERE IS NO NEWS INFORMATION BEING RELEASED ABOUT THIS CRIME.I KNOW THAT IT'S THE BOONIES AND THEY HAVE TO BUILD THE CASE AND CANNOT RELEASE TOO MUCH INFORMATION BUT, BEWARE IT COULD BE DEEPER THAN THAT.
MY PRAYERS ARE WITH MICHAEL AND HIS FAMILY. PLEASE TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND REMEMBER THAT HE IS NOW FREE AND IN A BETTER PLACE.
miss kitty

Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 21, 2006
 
FROM HELL TO HEAVEN wrote:
I NEW THE PEOPLE WHO COMMITTED THIS HIDEOUS CRIME. FROM WHAT I HEAR ABOUT THE VICTIM ( WHOM I HAD NEVER MET )HE SOUNDED LIKE A VERY NICE PERSON AND PERHAPS DID NOT EXPECT OR UNDERSTAND WHAT THESE PEOPLE ARE CAPABLE OF.
I WAS TRAPPED IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH ONE OF THE INDIVIDUALS AND EVERY TIME THAT HE HURT ME HE GOT AWAY WITH IT. DEYO IS AN INFAMOUS NAME IN CATSKILL AND GREENE COUNTY. IF ANYONE HAD ANY QUESTION AS TO WHY DEYO WAS NOT ARRESTED IMMEDIETLY THAT NIGHT AS WAS PINE, IT COULD BE BECAUSE DEYO'S BROTHER IS A POLICE OFFICER ( NEED I SAY MORE !) PLEASE DON'T THINK FOR ONE MOMENT THAT DEYO'S 911 CALL WAS A SIGN OF COMPASSION OR INDICATION OF INNOCENCE. IT'S THE CLASSIC CASE OF THE PERPERTRATER TRYING TO COVER HIS """. DEYO CARES ABOUT NO ONE BUT HIMSELF AS DOES PINE. THANK GOD STATE TROOPERS STEPPED IN OR ELSE THIS REALLY MAY HAVE BECOME A BOTCHED CASE. DEYO WAS PROTECTED ALL OF HIS LIFE THROUGH ALL OF HIS CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY AND OTHERWISE. JUST A PURE HEARTLESS INDIVIDUAL AND A WACK JOB. ADOPTED BY HIS FAMILY, PERHAPS THEY HAD PITTY ON HIM, ALL THEY DID WAS MAKE HIM WORSE BY COVERING UP AND PAYING HIS DEBTS AND SHELTERING HIM THROUGHOUT ADULTHOOD.
PINE WAS ALWAYS A MENTAL CASE AND ALWAYS A BAD INFLUENCE ON MIKE. MIKE WAS BAD BUT, PINE ALWAYS SEEMED TO BRING THE EVIL ELEMENT. THEY WOULD GO OUT COMMITTING CRIMES AND NEVER GET CAUGHT AND WHEN THEY DID, THERE WAS ALWAYS SOMEONE TO GET THEM OUT. PINE WAS ALWAYS EVIL AND SICK IN THE HEAD. THESE TWO MADE A VERY HIDEOUS PAIR AND IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME. MAYBE IF GREENE COUNTY DID A BETTER JOB HANDLING THESE DEGENERATES, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMIT THIS CRIME AND THINGS LIKE THIS WOULD NOT HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE.IF THEY WILL NOT FIGHT THE CRIME ~ PROTECT AND SERVE ~ THEN THEY ARE ONE OF THEM AND THEREFOR THEY HAVE ENCOURAGED IT.IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY AND THE NAME IN GREENE COUNTY AND IF " THEY " HAVE IT , THEY COULD BE GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER. PERHAPS IT'S TIME THAT THE LOVED ONE'S AND FRIENDS OF MICHAEL FORMICHELLI LOOK INTO THE CORRUPTION AND TAKE A STAND AGAINST THESE RUTHLESS COWARDS TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY OUTSIDE OF THE PRISON YARD. I HATE THEM AND HATED THEM FOR A LONG TIME FOR MY OWN REASONS. I SPEAK THE TRUTH ABOUT THEM 100% AND I KNOW MIKE DEYO LIKE NO OTHER. I CAN SPEAK ABOUT HIS CHARACTER WITHOUT A DOUBT IN MY MIND. I HATE TO GET INVOLVED, I LIKE TO MIND MY OWN BUSINESS BUT, THERE IS CLEARLY A PROBLEM WITH THE SYSTEM. THESE RATTS SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL 15 YEARS AGO!I KEEP READING THAT THERE IS NO NEWS INFORMATION BEING RELEASED ABOUT THIS CRIME.I KNOW THAT IT'S THE BOONIES AND THEY HAVE TO BUILD THE CASE AND CANNOT RELEASE TOO MUCH INFORMATION BUT, BEWARE IT COULD BE DEEPER THAN THAT.
MY PRAYERS ARE WITH MICHAEL AND HIS FAMILY. PLEASE TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND REMEMBER THAT HE IS NOW FREE AND IN A BETTER PLACE.
Like you I did not know the man that died but you should the only abuse you ever got was made by your false calls to the cops.How many times have you been in trouble with the law? Oh thats right it was your brother that was making bombs in the garage trying to shoot someone,stealing cars,pot,oh yes that great pot he grew at your parents house that they covered up because they were in law inforcement.You always were a trouble maker and your brother.And talk about sick in the head how many times did you have to see a shrink you always made up stories to get att. even when you were a little girl so you shouldn't talk about things you now nothing about.thats why its so hard for cops to do their job because people like you open their mouths about s### that they have no idea about.And you knew these people how long ago?What have they been doing?how many times has Mike been arested since youv'e been out of his life? 0 miss know it all
motor

Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 21, 2006
 
this is how rumors get started.It sounds like heaven to hell went out with one of them yrs. ago,hasn't seen either of them.How would you know whats been going on in the past 15yrs?Did you know pine just got out of jail? Or Deyo hasn't been in any trouble in 13yrs.Or that Mike F was a known drug dealer?He had a hammer put in his head not long ago over trying to steal someone elses drugs? Please don't turn this into a he said she said case. Know what your talking about first
Deb2Hudson

Old Chatham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 27, 2006
 
What is wrong with you people? Michael is dead. It doesn't matter what anyone has done in their past. The facts are that these two monsters chased Michael down and killed him with a pipe to the head. He was running away and they followed him and killed him -- for what? Who cares whether or not Deyo has not been in trouble for 13 years - does that excuse him for killing? Does that mean he "didn't mean to kill Michael"? I don't care if Pine and Deyo were two choir boys - they took Michael's life and need to pay with theirs!!! And as for the rumors about Michael - rumors are rumors - everyone knows the facts and thats what everyone should concentrate on.
charlie

Elmwood Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 3, 2007
 
I hoe they get raped and then beaten to death in prison for what they did. Those pieces of garbage will not be missed!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Saugerties Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Aug 19 College Professor 6,391
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug 9 JEWISH VOICE 438
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Aug 7 dew4794 673
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Aug 1 tbird Cat Controller 756
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug 1 r u crazy 6,377
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 23 Sham Hannuty 16,777
2012 UFO - " A Big Purple Mothership Jul '14 really 1

Search the Saugerties Forum:
•••

Saugerties News Video

•••
•••

Saugerties Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Saugerties People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Saugerties News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Saugerties
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••