Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98380 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Ponderings

Saint Paul, MN

#18747 Mar 26, 2009
sandi in georgia wrote:
can i go off topic for a sec has anyone here had gastric bypass surgery my friend had it done 2 weeks ago and she died this morning
~OT~

That is very sad. But I have seen several cases on TLC channel who have had it done. I remember one episode where one patient died after her surgery - but it was about four days later I believe.

Since: Mar 09

Morristown, TN

#18748 Mar 26, 2009
Bless the children wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree! The marriage was a big red flag. If anyone can imagine what it is like to have a child missing, snatched from her bed, then think how you would feel, what you would do. Get married? Have a little wedding and celebration when your child has been missing for weeks? Easy to smile for the pictures? Ready for some cake and champagne? Want to dance? Just imagine your child could be hurt, tortured, molested, maybe dead and your ready for a wedding?
Everything about it is wrong! To me that implicates Ron in this. It is Ron and Misty in my opinion. What Ron said to Cobra might well just have been an excuse to make him look innocent. Marry your enemy that makes great sense doesn't it?
I am so sure he woulda been interested in "keeping her close" if he thought she was responsible. If Misty did this she would have been on the run. She didn't do it but she has no qualms covering it up and spending the donated funds!
Jasmine

Bedford, IN

#18749 Mar 26, 2009
Everyone thinks Anna works for Dominic Casey,or knew him through the Anthony case and maybe contacted Marie?What a better way,tell Marie she's a distant relative,throw out some names,if she knows the PI gig,she could work it,or even a reporter.JMO Marie just looking to find Haleigh,wouldn't question any help offered.I hope not,since it's out in the open Dominic is working for Crystal or her side anyway.What a mess if this all goes to court or anything.It's getting worse than the Casey anthony saga.JMO

Check out Scared M onkeys thread on Haleigh.
Final Chapter

United States

#18750 Mar 26, 2009
oreo wrote:
<quoted text>
I viewed the video. I wear dentures. I would beg borrow and steal or do whatever it took to get new teeth if something happened to my dentures. I don't understand why anyone would want to go with NO TEETH! YUUUUUUCK!
It is probably a matter of money. These people are on welfare and get enough money to feed themselves.

My greatest concern is not where her teeth are, but where her heart is!

Got to be awfully cold blooded to cover over what happened to a precious, innocent child -- can't even go there today.
Jasmine

Bedford, IN

#18751 Mar 26, 2009
People hire Private investigators to find dirt on people,so why would Dominic be hired at the beginning?
Bless the children

United States

#18752 Mar 26, 2009
I just don't understand if Haleigh were actually taken in retaliation, why Ron would not tell all to get his child back. I just don't get it. If it were my child I would risk anything, do anything to get her back. Law enforcement could help if they had answers. I still lean toward Ron being involved directly. Either scenario, Ron is responsible in the end.
Jasmine

Bedford, IN

#18753 Mar 26, 2009
On scared m onkeys one of them said anna is being looked into by LE?How would they know that?This is all too much.
Final Chapter

United States

#18754 Mar 26, 2009
Jasmine wrote:
Everyone thinks Anna works for Dominic Casey,or knew him through the Anthony case and maybe contacted Marie?What a better way,tell Marie she's a distant relative,throw out some names,if she knows the PI gig,she could work it,or even a reporter.JMO Marie just looking to find Haleigh,wouldn't question any help offered.I hope not,since it's out in the open Dominic is working for Crystal or her side anyway.What a mess if this all goes to court or anything.It's getting worse than the Casey anthony saga.JMO
Check out Scared M onkeys thread on Haleigh.
What exactly is your problem with Crystal?

The undercurrent to all your posts is attacking Crystal -- it is so obvious -- your rantings are not changing anyone's mind about this case.

Haleigh was last seen by Misty.

There are inconsistencies and statements that fit logical thinking -- from Ron and Misty -- the residence where little Haleigh was 'taken from', according to them.

Crystal seems to be the only one doing anything for Haleigh. She has set up a Center to search (better than being holed up in a tent all day -- perhaps smoking?).

Give Crystal a break -- she is a damaged kid that lived with a disrespectful, ignorant, abusive and controling man. She lived with he and his mother.

They took her kids from her, knowing that she would be unable to get them back.

So, it is not the first time that Haleigh 'went missing', once we know with Ron, and this time from Ron's residence.

Do you have a problem with that?
Final Chapter

United States

#18756 Mar 26, 2009
Sorry - inconsistencies and statements that do NOT
fit with logical thinking.
Final Chapter

United States

#18757 Mar 26, 2009
Jasmine wrote:
People hire Private investigators to find dirt on people,so why would Dominic be hired at the beginning?
Ron and Misty are already buried in dirt -- what, pray tell, else could there possibly be -- that they killed Haleigh?
Final Chapter

United States

#18758 Mar 26, 2009
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
~OT~
That is very sad. But I have seen several cases on TLC channel who have had it done. I remember one episode where one patient died after her surgery - but it was about four days later I believe.
There are lots of TV personalities who have had it done.

However, surgery is always serious, once bleeding starts (contray to what many think) there is virtually no way to control it -- an awful thought, but it is true.

Also, find out how many operations like that her doctor actually performed, and what is his rate of fatalies.

You can find this out by contacting Georgia Medical Association.

Morristown, TN

#18759 Mar 26, 2009
TRUTH wrote:
This thread like the Caylee Anthony thread is a joke. It insults the children who were lost and serves to insure the community will -- as usual -- spend all day talking while doing nothing about all kids being safe. Every last one of you should be ashamed.
if you feel that way just keep movin'
Ponderings

Saint Paul, MN

#18760 Mar 26, 2009
justwhatithought wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie is Marie and stormy is crystals sister..MHO
what I was told anyway.May or may not be so.This is the problem with this case. To many people from both sides posting BS on the net in an attempt to defame each other. They also send in bogus tips which slows up the investigation prolonging finding Haleigh. Just like the Anthonys did. Pretty stupid I think. These people may love Haleigh but they love themselves more,else they would not even be on the net,they would be banding together to find this child. Crystals lawyer is one of the worst for jacked up storys. Crystal goes on tv and tells on one show ron never hit the kids in front of her. Then she goes on another show the same evening and says Ronald hit the kids all the time. When she first was interviewed she says her and Ronald get along and her kids told her they love Misty. Then she hooks up with germraldo and now she says she afraid of Ronald and the kids want to live with her. Constantly lying.And then you got Misty who refuses to admit she was on the corner with her lover the night Haleigh went missing.Refuses to tell the whole truth,. She look like a deer in the headlights on the video of the prayer vitual when cobra was talking to them . Everybody setting up relief funds and foundations to pay their bills and whatnot. Is it any wonder Haleigh has not been found?At this rate I will be amazed if she's ever found.
It is starting to look like this whole bunch is corrupt. Hopefully, FOR JUNIOR'S SAKE, his mother Crystal has 'come to Jesus' and is turning her life around. But you can bet the rent that if this hadn't happened to Haleigh, she would have been content to keep the arrangements the way they were. It's a big job having toddlers around constantly and raising them; it is easier to have them just a few days a month. She had started over with a new man friend and had his baby; I am sure to her way of thinking that she had a second lease on life. Another bothersome thing, is two messages posted here last night; I forget the poster but I am going to try to ask more questions directed to him/her. Messages #18684 and #18688 were very interesting, but troublesome. If Satsuma, Florida was in Mexico, I would say the police there were corrupt__the thought had come across my mind before this poster suggested that very thing. Sorry, but something just isn't right about the way they are conducting this investigation. I thought the FBI was in on it? That should help, but they seem to be up against a brick wall also. It is very, very strange indeed that NO arrests have been made in this case. It has been six weeks.
Jasmine

Bedford, IN

#18761 Mar 26, 2009
It's not that I'm against Crystal,I don't think she has anything to do with Haleigh missing.What I have a problem with is the use of financial gain or any kind of gain is just like Cindy Anthony.I don't think Cindy had anything to do with Caylee's death.To me this foundation begging money thing is despictable and parents should not be able to gain anything from a missing child.
Final Chapter

United States

#18762 Mar 26, 2009
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
It is starting to look like this whole bunch is corrupt. Hopefully, FOR JUNIOR'S SAKE, his mother Crystal has 'come to Jesus' and is turning her life around. But you can bet the rent that if this hadn't happened to Haleigh, she would have been content to keep the arrangements the way they were. It's a big job having toddlers around constantly and raising them; it is easier to have them just a few days a month. She had started over with a new man friend and had his baby; I am sure to her way of thinking that she had a second lease on life. Another bothersome thing, is two messages posted here last night; I forget the poster but I am going to try to ask more questions directed to him/her. Messages #18684 and #18688 were very interesting, but troublesome. If Satsuma, Florida was in Mexico, I would say the police there were corrupt__the thought had come across my mind before this poster suggested that very thing. Sorry, but something just isn't right about the way they are conducting this investigation. I thought the FBI was in on it? That should help, but they seem to be up against a brick wall also. It is very, very strange indeed that NO arrests have been made in this case. It has been six weeks.
You always have thoughtful common sense posts.

Agree with you -- one would think that with the rap sheets they have, a 24 hr arrest would be a simple matter for most Police Departments.

Do not understand what is going on, and what went on with so little time, probation, probation, probation, for drug trafficking.

They all need to be investigated by the FBI.
Ponderings

Saint Paul, MN

#18763 Mar 26, 2009
FLWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
I know someone whose son had gastric bypass and died during the surgery. There is a lot of circulation and blood vessels in the stomach. When someone is put on dialysis, they do it in the stomach until a shunt can be put in and heal. It's not some miracle weight loss solution. It's a definate risk, not that any surgery isn't. Anyone who considers it should think long and hard about the risks. I know people who are overweight and even obese but I would discourage them from taking a huge risk like that. Nobody is perfect and weight is not the big deal that the advertisers etc. would like us all to think it is.
People die from anorexia and bullemia because of the hype about beautiful "thin" people. It's not a measure of weight that makes any one person more attractive or better than another.
~OT~

I am no expert in this field. But my husband and I have known several general surgeons and have heard them comment on much they dread doing even common abdominal surgeries on obese patients. The more fat we have stored, the more blood vessels to tie off and we are at much higher risk. Anethesiologists also have a cross to bear during surgeries because heavy people have a higher rate of breathing problems. The best thing of course, is for a person to get as much weigh off as they can on their own before considering gastric bypass. Then, do your homework and make sure the surgical team is VERY experienced, not just a local physician who has recently decided to do this kind of surgery.

Location hidden

#18764 Mar 26, 2009
Art Harris has a new video up of Cobra and Ron's mother. Cobra thinks she was leading him on a goose chase.
My questions is why would she waste his time like that?
http://www.artharris.com/
Final Chapter

United States

#18765 Mar 26, 2009
Jasmine wrote:
It's not that I'm against Crystal,I don't think she has anything to do with Haleigh missing.What I have a problem with is the use of financial gain or any kind of gain is just like Cindy Anthony.I don't think Cindy had anything to do with Caylee's death.To me this foundation begging money thing is despictable and parents should not be able to gain anything from a missing child.
Back to Crystal -- would you prefer that Ronald took the money so that he can better afford drugs, which seems to be the place he spends his money?

Hear he already got a new truck, tatoo, wedding ring, honeymoon in NYC, and isn't even working -- and as Torrance posted --$5 a day cig. habit.

Crystal is not spending money on herself in the same way which is evident about the Cummings clan.
Tammy

Chicago, IL

#18766 Mar 26, 2009
Final Chapter wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly is your problem with Crystal?
The undercurrent to all your posts is attacking Crystal -- it is so obvious -- your rantings are not changing anyone's mind about this case.
Haleigh was last seen by Misty.
There are inconsistencies and statements that fit logical thinking -- from Ron and Misty -- the residence where little Haleigh was 'taken from', according to them.
Crystal seems to be the only one doing anything for Haleigh. She has set up a Center to search (better than being holed up in a tent all day -- perhaps smoking?).
Give Crystal a break -- she is a damaged kid that lived with a disrespectful, ignorant, abusive and controling man. She lived with he and his mother.
They took her kids from her, knowing that she would be unable to get them back.
So, it is not the first time that Haleigh 'went missing', once we know with Ron, and this time from Ron's residence.
Do you have a problem with that?
I can not speak for this poster however Iíd like to say you have to look at the entire picture. Everyone is jumping on the Cummings family and perhaps rightfully so they all appear to be liars and criminals. I donít really see anyone taking up for them. A lot of post are aimed at the past . Tons of decisions going on about what happened that night and the conflicting storys told by both Misty and Ron. Misty is the last known person to have seen HC and yes I understand it is the popular opinion her mistakes led to her disappearance. I agree that is most likely what we will come to find when the truth is found. When you look at this look at everything. We know what they did or didnít know. At least for the most part we know what they are telling us. What we donít know is much about the mother . she has not given us much. About her past, sheíd rather not say. Not telling why she didnít fight for her childrens safety and only saved herself the true victim. Why she didnít fight for them after she found Chad who could have helped her. Being broke isnít an excuse I buy. I know plenty of mothers left in similar circumstances whoís husbands closed out credit card accounts. Emptied joint bank accounts . Taken the change jar and filed for divorce along with custody of the children. Leaving the mother domiciled and feeling hopeless. Ya know what, itís an ugly thing. You pull yourself up, you talk to strangers. You open up the yellow book and look up legal aid {free} and you find out what to do . You donít sleep , you donít eat, all you do is fight. You can go before the judge alone they see this happen all the time. The judge is not shocked as you are because your case is only one of 100 she/he will hear that day with the pretty much the same story line. Iím angry with this mother because I believe if she had done everything in her powers her daughter would be in math class this minute counting the hours before returning to her mothers house to play with her siblings. TJMO
Ponderings

Saint Paul, MN

#18767 Mar 26, 2009
mikehuntusa wrote:
<quoted text>
they had everything to do with it due to their gross negligence. i watched the first night the 911 call came in and it was obvious that misty was doped up out of her mind on pills. i know what a pill popping junkie sounds like, and misty is one.
those kids were not properly taken care of, you don't leave kids that age with a doped up drunken slut teenager with obvious mental disabilities.
seriously, the girl looks like she has special needs.
I agree. That very first interview where the media backed Misty into a corner was very telling. Her eyes were glassy and droopy, and she was barely coherent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Satsuma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miami Beach could allow three medical marijuana... Fri Bois and da hood 1
hear.com Scam (Sep '16) Fri Indian Creek Geek 6
Adam The "Matza" LIfeguard Headed to Wanee Apr 20 ADAM THE MACHO LI... 5
What is up with Lynn Martinez's face? (Jan '15) Apr 19 stevevolkano 13
News Improving Putnam County's schools a difficult i... (Aug '16) Apr 17 truth 14
The New Haleigh Cummings is Still Missing 08/09... (Aug '10) Dec '16 Sly 5,440
Haleigh Cummings and the Penny family. (May '16) May '16 Cyndy looking for... 1

Satsuma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Satsuma Mortgages