Judge orders BB-gun toting Santa Cruz Mountains woman to serve sent...

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

A federal judge Tuesday refused to delay a jail sentence any longer for a Santa Cruz Mountains woman who has been fighting to overturn her misdemeanor gun-brandishing conviction with an argument that her Second Amendment rights have been violated.
Comments
21 - 37 of 37 Comments Last updated Aug 27, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Courts and Judges

Santa Cruz, CA

#24 Aug 25, 2010
smoked out wrote:
booo-hoo, i hope she rots in jail and her little pony runs away
So childish of you, or are you the ones who live next door? Nonetheless, your statement sounds so childish and vindictive.
The horse people should have had the property surveyed and then call the shots!
Dont drink the Kool Aid

Santa Cruz, CA

#25 Aug 25, 2010
mad men wrote:
pffft! people with money... can someone please make this story go away?
\]

Do you have a grudge against wealthy people? REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH your thing eh?

Waiting around to get your piece?

Fool...utter fool...poor thing
La Llorona

Santa Cruz, CA

#26 Aug 25, 2010
Deport them back to Scotland!
american pride

Boulder Creek, CA

#27 Aug 25, 2010
God is the only one who overrules our constitution
Caelum Sinclair

Aptos, CA

#30 Aug 25, 2010
Xlocal wrote:
Demand a castle doctrine
http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/198.5....
Let Me Guess

San Francisco, CA

#31 Aug 25, 2010
american pride wrote:
God is the only one who overrules our constitution
And you know when he wants to do that. Right??
ExSCn

Ventura, CA

#32 Aug 25, 2010
I cant believe this woman has to serve ANY time for this pathetic case. Prostitutes, gangbangers, drug addicts and parole violaters due less time for way worse. Sad.
Been There Done That

AOL

#33 Aug 25, 2010
ibskeptical wrote:
What an ID10T, she and her husband are wealthy, as are her neighbors. Why didn't they just agree to hire a surveyor and split the $1500 or so to determine the property line and mark it properly and put an end to it? They are all m0r0ns! I thought you had to be smart to go to medical school or law school!
When this was in the Sentinel before someone(with obvious inside knowledge) said that THREE survays had been done to determine the property line but that pistol-packing momma and her MD husband didn't like the outcome (same in all three survays)and refused to acknowledge the results so they continued the dispute.

I've lived the country and I've had crazy neighbors. Somehow it seems when people move out to something other than a city-sized lot, they think they can do anything on their property - kinda like pretending that they are leige lords.
Just Facts

Santa Cruz, CA

#34 Aug 25, 2010
ExSCn wrote:
I cant believe this woman has to serve ANY time for this pathetic case. Prostitutes, gangbangers, drug addicts and parole violaters due less time for way worse. Sad.
For instance. Friend of mine on motorcycle. Women, driving recklessly, hits and run. Motorcyclist seriously injured - nearly killed. She is at fault, crashes into other 2 other vehicles that try to block her escape. She has multiple past DUI, disappears for 4 days. Got a 30 day sentence - served 10. Pleasanton DA.
american pride

Boulder Creek, CA

#35 Aug 26, 2010
ExSCn wrote:
There is nothing wrong with prostitutes That is one of the oldest professions
Caelum Sinclair

Aptos, CA

#36 Aug 26, 2010
american pride wrote:
<quoted text>
And also one of the oldest cliches...
uh Clem

Dixon, CA

#37 Aug 26, 2010
american pride wrote:
<quoted text>
There is something wrong with most of them. Pay attention and you'll see.
Xlocal

Fallon, NV

#38 Aug 27, 2010
Caelum Sinclair wrote:
Well take a look at what Montana has and then pop off
http://www.your-personal-and-home-security.co...
Caelum Sinclair

Aptos, CA

#39 Aug 27, 2010
Xlocal wrote:
<quoted text> Well take a look at what Montana has and then pop off
http://www.your-personal-and-home-security.co...
So in Montana you can carry a gun to work and shoot co-workers in the head? And you think that's a good thing?
Xlocal

Fallon, NV

#40 Aug 27, 2010
Caelum Sinclair wrote:
<quoted text>
So in Montana you can carry a gun to work and shoot co-workers in the head? And you think that's a good thing?
Yes
Max

Walnut Creek, CA

#41 Aug 27, 2010
Caelum Sinclair wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty clear that people who WANT to carry a gun to work and shoot co-workers in the head DON'T CARE if they "can".
Xlocal

Fallon, NV

#42 Aug 27, 2010
All I was getting at was everyone should have the right to defend ones self (with deadly force) if necessary. This I belive is a God given right to self preservation. It makes one pause before laying hands on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saratoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr papersup 15,971
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr spotters 200,620
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 8 hr punch tips 7,935
Blotter: Man punches security officer in the fa... Aug 30 Xibo 1
Is There A Police Helicopter Flying Around?? (Aug '08) Aug 29 atlrev 55
Weekly Water Shut offs (Sep '08) Aug 27 Xibo 2
•••

Saratoga News Video

•••
•••

Saratoga Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••