First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bible thumper

Hamilton, NY

#22 Sep 4, 2011
I wanna know wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. If Adam and Eve were the first and only people on earth, how did the population grown into what it is now without incest? Yet, that's suppose to be against God's laws. And who was around writing all this history down at the time if there were only 2 people? And where did Cain get his wife?
It's all BS pure and simple and anyone who believes it has mud for brains. Think people, THINK! Science had proven that we descended from lower life forms that had a chemical and electrical beginning. People start dead people's hearts all the time with electricity. Who's to say that's not what happened millions of years ago. We have fossils to back it up too. But we don't have an ARK and we don't have anything else but a bunch of fairy tales that some poor uneducated, gullible schmucks believe. If you have to believe in anything, believe we were put here by aliens. It's a hell of a lot more logical.
you berst get your act together as well cause probation is closing in just take a look around you signs of the times are here!! wake up you scoffer!!
bible thumper

Hamilton, NY

#23 Sep 4, 2011
40As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
MATTHEW 13:40-42
I wanna know

Tully, NY

#24 Sep 4, 2011
bible thumper wrote:
40As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
MATTHEW 13:40-42
Give me a break. Nothing the late prophets have said has come true. If we believed all this bunk, we would have been dead years ago. Jews don't even believe in a Hell. Who's right and who's wrong here. After all, they wrote the original Bible. Remember?? Are you saying the new testament is wrong or the old testament? God can't make a mistake, right? So how do you explain all the differences in the two bibles? MAN has deduced all this tripe. Not God. You're one of many of the followers that have been swayed into this thinking for past generations of bible slappers. How do you know any of it is right? Because another mortal man told you it was??
Give me a break.
Explain this bible people

Tully, NY

#25 Sep 13, 2011
This is sort of a reply to the bible thumper that just posted "Bible is God's WORD" or some other nonsense like that.

If you want to see the bible negate itself, answer this question, oh peddlers of nonsense:

Which came first, man or the animals?

If you say "the bible says that animals came first, it's written in Chapter 1", you would be correct, but at the same time, God would be very angry with you, because God, using his almighty bible-authoring pen, clearly shows us in Genesis Chapter 2 that man came first, brought him to Eden, THEN created the animals out of the ground.

If you then say "well clearly then, God made man first, then brought him to Eden, where he later made the animals", then your heresy will cost you dearly, as God CLEARLY STATES in Genesis Chapter 1 Verse 24 "Let the earth bring forth all kinds of living creatures" then LATER in Verse 26 says "Let us make man in our image."

So, you heretics who doubt the "True" word of God, which came first, Adam or the Animals? And when you realize you cannot work your way out of that paradox, and admit that either Chapter 1 is wrong or Chapter 2 is wrong, because clearly both cannot be the truth, ask yourself: which other parts of the bible might be wrong... because there are many other inconsistencies out there. Maybe even lurking under your favorite bible-thumping quotes.
humble

Hamilton, NY

#26 Oct 27, 2011
Explain this bible people wrote:
This is sort of a reply to the bible thumper that just posted "Bible is God's WORD" or some other nonsense like that.
If you want to see the bible negate itself, answer this question, oh peddlers of nonsense:
Which came first, man or the animals?
If you say "the bible says that animals came first, it's written in Chapter 1", you would be correct, but at the same time, God would be very angry with you, because God, using his almighty bible-authoring pen, clearly shows us in Genesis Chapter 2 that man came first, brought him to Eden, THEN created the animals out of the ground.
If you then say "well clearly then, God made man first, then brought him to Eden, where he later made the animals", then your heresy will cost you dearly, as God CLEARLY STATES in Genesis Chapter 1 Verse 24 "Let the earth bring forth all kinds of living creatures" then LATER in Verse 26 says "Let us make man in our image."
So, you heretics who doubt the "True" word of God, which came first, Adam or the Animals? And when you realize you cannot work your way out of that paradox, and admit that either Chapter 1 is wrong or Chapter 2 is wrong, because clearly both cannot be the truth, ask yourself: which other parts of the bible might be wrong... because there are many other inconsistencies out there. Maybe even lurking under your favorite bible-thumping quotes.
There,s no need for me to give you an explanation,straighten up before it,s too late!
Explain this bible people

Syracuse, NY

#27 Nov 14, 2011
humble wrote:
<quoted text>There,s no need for me to give you an explanation,straighten up before it,s too late!
Right. You're wasting your time too, believing in all this fairy tale stuff. You could be enjoying life more if you're weren't so afraid to live. The churches were organized in an effort to control people. They wanted power. The bible was written as a manual to control them. The churches figured if they could get everyone on board, they be able to control the world. Read your history books. It's all there. How many wars have been started in the name a spiritual beliefs? Too many. Look at how the catholics are handling the homo priests who have been abusing young boys for years. Methodist minister, Lutherans, Protestants, etc.. They're all guilty of this.
The Bible is simply a book. Nothing more. How can most of it be true when we know things now that we know? Evolution is what put us here. Simple and proven. Nothing in the Bible can be proved. The gospels were written hundreds of years after the fact. How can they possibly be true and precise after so many years of passing information on for generations? And let's face it, the only form of entertainment they had back then was story telling. And the better story tellers were always more popular. Heck, there people would travel from town to town telling these stories. And just like a fish story, it got bigger and bigger as time went on until it became so big that people actually started to believe in it. Think of the logic behind this. It makes sense. The Bible does not. It's just too unbelievable to anyone that has a good mind about them. The only people who believe this are people who need this to validate their existance and are terribly insecure about themselves. Lonely people, mental patients, low life people, people needing power and using this to get it (refer to the priest thing above),etc.
I'm not saying abandon God. I'm saying the Bible is mostly a lie written by men - not God. Think about it. Was there someone around taking notes when Adam and Eve came about? WHere did Cain get his wife? Where did the city come from that he left for when his crops all failed as a punishment from God? City?? I don't recall that in genesis. Do you?
Please. Don't tell me to pray again. Just tell me WHY you believe in all of this. I'll be waiting for your reply. Who know, maybe you'll convert me to a believer. Isn't that part of the program for you Bible slappers??
I thought so too

Syracuse, NY

#28 Nov 25, 2011
Figures. No one can respond. All good questions. I'd love to see answers but these people are too afraid and don't have a clue. What a shame to waste a good life believing in something so fictional. Logic tells us that most of the Bible is impossible. Science backs it up.
What would happen if someone announced they had discovered yet another version of the Bible in some obscure area in some Biblical town or city that they discovered. Would then everyone begin believing in that? It's like the BS story of John Smith reading the church laws from inside a hat and then starting the Mormon religion. How bogus can it get people.
What would happen if the current Bible was rewritten just as it was before? Which one is right? The Old Testament or the New Testament? Do any of you Bible scholars have the guts to answer? Or is the question too logical for you and you don't have an answer?
Don't waste your life on this. Simply live well, share your life, be good toward others and yourself, and obey society's rules and morals. That's all anyone needs to do. No one needs a book to tell us this if we have any conscience at all. Quit wasting your time on it and quit quoting stuff that could NOT have possibly been said or happened. There's no way it can be accurate after so many years had passed after the facts.
truth

Hamilton, NY

#29 Jan 17, 2012
I thought so too wrote:
Figures. No one can respond. All good questions. I'd love to see answers but these people are too afraid and don't have a clue. What a shame to waste a good life believing in something so fictional. Logic tells us that most of the Bible is impossible. Science backs it up.
What would happen if someone announced they had discovered yet another version of the Bible in some obscure area in some Biblical town or city that they discovered. Would then everyone begin believing in that? It's like the BS story of John Smith reading the church laws from inside a hat and then starting the Mormon religion. How bogus can it get people.
What would happen if the current Bible was rewritten just as it was before? Which one is right? The Old Testament or the New Testament? Do any of you Bible scholars have the guts to answer? Or is the question too logical for you and you don't have an answer?
Don't waste your life on this. Simply live well, share your life, be good toward others and yourself, and obey society's rules and morals. That's all anyone needs to do. No one needs a book to tell us this if we have any conscience at all. Quit wasting your time on it and quit quoting stuff that could NOT have possibly been said or happened. There's no way it can be accurate after so many years had passed after the facts.
pray for understanding
I thought so too

Syracuse, NY

#30 Feb 12, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>pray for understanding
And just how does this answer the questions posed?? They're logical questions. One would expect that the Big Book would provide answers but it doesn't and neither can you. Why? Because there are no answers because none of it ever happened. You all believe that Adam and Eve were the first people on earth. Well, the truth is Eve was NOT Adam's first wife. Lillith was. Why isn't THAT in the Bible? Why aren't SO MANY gospels in the bible? Why? Because the churches were afraid that it would give the people too much of the truth and thus they would lose control of them. The bible is highley edited to suit the needs of the church at the time. How can an intelligent person believe any of it when proof exists to contradict so many of the stories? Why aren't dinosaurs in the bible? We have absolute proof they existed. So why aren't they in there? The stories are full of swiss cheese. When Cain killed Able and God punished him by destroying his crops, Cain and his wife (where did she come from?) left for the city (where did the city come from in such a short amount of time). Read it out loud. See if any of it fits any logic you have if you have any logic at all.
You never know. It could be the work of the devil trying to sway you poor schmucks into believing something so ridiculous that it shows how stupid you really are and therefore a good candidate for his collection of souls. God supposedly gave us good brains to use to think about things. Use yours and don't disappoint him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saranac Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kennedys 16 hr videos 1
News Amid pending investigation, Franklin County She... Mon therealdeal 10
What happened to upstate vinyl graphics? Mar 29 seeker 1
News Woman arrested for drug charges and prostitution (Dec '07) Mar 18 goodpoint 24
tyler latour Mar 17 im so paid 1
Cheryl Greiner Sunmount Director DWI driving on... Mar 17 im so paid 8
Pat St.John (Mar '11) Mar 3 gross 23
Saranac Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Saranac Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]