The Greatest Story Ever Told

Posted in the Saranac Lake Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Questions of life

La Fayette, NY

#1 Apr 24, 2011
The greatest fable ever told was the stories in the Bible. We all know that most of what's printed in it was passed along after 300 years after Christ's death. How could any of it be true to the letter after that amount of time. Let's face it. The Bible just isn't true.
1) Do you really think Adam and Eve were the first 2 people on earth? How did we get from there to here with them just having 2 boys? There's no mention of any other humans being created so either God left out something or the original writers couldn't make up anything tangible to tell people.
2) The Noah thing. 40 day and 40 nights. Where did the water come from and where did it go? Did Noah really gather 2 of every animal? Once again, how did we get from there to here. In the end there was Noah, his wife, and 3 sons. The products of his sons' marriages would have at the very least, been 1st cousins. We all know what that leads to when they breed.
3) Where's the mention of dinosaurs? This can not be disputed. There's physical evidence of their being on earth millions of years ago....long before man ever came along.
4) Where was Christ during his first years? From the time of his birth until just before he was killed, there's no writing of what he did. I propose that he was made up by the Christian movement to sway people into their beliefs. And the virgin birth? I'd like to see how that took place. Again, science has proven that this is impossible. Besides, who checked Mary after Christ was born? Whoever it was could have proclaimed her still a virgin and no one would be any the wiser about it.
5) Sodom and Gommorha (spl.). There's no proof of this ever happening. To this day there is no way to prove it ever took place. Again, an analogy of trying to get people to adopt the beliefs of Christian faith?
6) What about the gospels of Thomas, Julius, and Mary that were never in the Bible. Why? Is it because the early Christians didn't want them in there? And if this is the book of God, who's to say what is or isn't in the Bible. Sounds like yellow journalism to me.

I'm sure that some Bible slapper will reply to this post and tell me I must have faith. But faith is based on some facts and there just isn't any there. Answer these question and I'll read them with an open mind. Truly, I want to believe but the evidence is against it. I've read some of the Bible but most of it reads like a fiction novel. It's a little hard to believe in many of the things-especially since some of it changed from the Old Testament. If one were to take the Bible literally, then all homosexuals are an abomination and must die, likewise with adulterers and other sinners. It's downright mean.

I await a logical replay from all or any of you.
steve

Manlius, NY

#2 Apr 24, 2011
replay or reply? I think your fking nuts. I actually cant even read that much.
Question of life

La Fayette, NY

#3 Apr 25, 2011
Yeah, right. You believe in all this stuff and you call ME nuts??
Who's the crazy ones here.

And it's "can't", not "cant" smart ass.
And it's also "you're", not "your". You should learn to read before you critique someone else.
And it's not "that much". It should be "that well". Much refers to an amount so you're saying you can't read very much stuff. Or you read very little.
Understand?
Question of life

La Fayette, NY

#5 Apr 29, 2011
Aside from the usual typos, I'd still like an answer. Anyone? Is this proof that I have a true, valid point and no one can give me an answer because there isn't any? Am I to believe that it's all BS? Think logically. How can ANY of it be true. We all know how life came about but the Bible tells us otherwise. For someone to believe in this fictional work, they'd have to have the mentality of the people who lived during the time the book was written. And we all know this is not particularly an intelligent time for man. They'd believe anything anyone told them back then. As far as ther were concerned the earth was flat and the sun revolved around the earth. Who can debate that now??
The fact that no one has answered proves I'm right.
expose

Westernville, NY

#6 Apr 29, 2011
Question of life wrote:
Aside from the usual typos, I'd still like an answer. Anyone? Is this proof that I have a true, valid point and no one can give me an answer because there isn't any? Am I to believe that it's all BS? Think logically. How can ANY of it be true. We all know how life came about but the Bible tells us otherwise. For someone to believe in this fictional work, they'd have to have the mentality of the people who lived during the time the book was written. And we all know this is not particularly an intelligent time for man. They'd believe anything anyone told them back then. As far as ther were concerned the earth was flat and the sun revolved around the earth. Who can debate that now??
The fact that no one has answered proves I'm right.
John 3:18 (King James Version)

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

john 3:18

Public Domain

Editor's Picks

Today's Parallel Bible Bonded Burgundy

$89.99$67.99

You Save $22 (24%)

KJV Reference, Bonded Burgundy

$24.99$13.99

You Save $11 (44%)

KJV Reference Bible-bonded black, Thumb-Indexed

$34.99$22.99

You Save $12 (34%)

KJV/Amplified Parallel Bible, Hardcover

$36.99$27.99

You Save $9 (24%)

KJV Ryrie Study Bible Black Bonded Leather Red Letter

$59.99$39.99

You Save $20 (33%)

See more books at the Bible Gateway store

?

----------

huh hmmmm

La Fayette, NY

#7 Apr 29, 2011
expose wrote:
<quoted text>John 3:18 (King James Version)
18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
john 3:18
Public Domain
Editor's Picks
Today's Parallel Bible Bonded Burgundy
$89.99$67.99
You Save $22 (24%)
KJV Reference, Bonded Burgundy
$24.99$13.99
You Save $11 (44%)
KJV Reference Bible-bonded black, Thumb-Indexed
$34.99$22.99
You Save $12 (34%)
KJV/Amplified Parallel Bible, Hardcover
$36.99$27.99
You Save $9 (24%)
KJV Ryrie Study Bible Black Bonded Leather Red Letter
$59.99$39.99
You Save $20 (33%)
See more books at the Bible Gateway store
?
----------
Um. Is this an advertisement or what?
That did nothing to answer the question. It only says to believe because I say so. Doesn't cut it.
expose

Westernville, NY

#8 Apr 30, 2011
huh hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Um. Is this an advertisement or what?
That did nothing to answer the question. It only says to believe because I say so. Doesn't cut it.
so do you think that we really evolved from ape?
Questions of life

La Fayette, NY

#9 May 2, 2011
expose wrote:
<quoted text>so do you think that we really evolved from ape?
Yes I do. Too much evidence to support it.
Do you really think the earth was made in 7 days and that man has only been around for 6,000 years? How about the dinosaurs that have been dated millions of years ago? There's absolute proof of them and this can't be disputed.
Where did you figure all the oil and coal came from?
Who came after Adam and Eve and their sons? Nothing mentioned in the Bible about that.
What about Noah. 4 couples lived so where did all the people come from? No mention of that either. Why? Because it never happened. It's all just a sensational story told for hundreds of years before there was any other form of entertainment.
Answer these questions logically and I'll consider the book to be valid. But until you or someone else does, I suggest you start reading some science books. Heck, even the gospels were written 300 years after Christ's death. How could they possibly be right after all that time and all those people retelling the stories and adding something of their own along the way. Come on now. Be serious.
Convince me.
Questions of life

La Fayette, NY

#10 May 5, 2011
I take it from the lack of responses here that my questions can not be answered by anyone. Why is this? Is it possible that I'm right and you all know it? These are not difficult questions but they are logical ones.
Perhaps all of you have been boondoggled into believing this fable. Think hard about it. What can be true in the Bible that can logically be backed up by simple reasoning?
I'm not trying to argue with anyone. I truly want to believe and I need something to convince me of the truths. Is this possible? Anyone? Please??
Questions of life

La Fayette, NY

#11 May 9, 2011
Hello? Can anyone answer me ?
You're all so sure about all this stuff. Why can't you give me an answer to my questions?
expose

United States

#12 May 27, 2011
not interested in answering your questions,more interested in sharing Gods word.if you,re seeking answers to your questions try searching the net.
Questions of life

La Fayette, NY

#13 May 30, 2011
expose wrote:
not interested in answering your questions,more interested in sharing Gods word.if you,re seeking answers to your questions try searching the net.
Give me a break. Quit skirting the issue. You don't HAVE an answer. Because it never happened. We came from lower life forms and evolved. Science has proven that time and time again.
Give it up. It's all a bunch of lies constructed to control people years ago and it's still doing it now. People like you perpetuate this fairy tale so that others believe it but can never answer even the easiest questions when asked of you. You say God creatyed everything. Did he create all the diseases that kill innocent people everyday? Did he create some of the low life scums that prey on others and kill or maim them? He must have. But he loves us????
What kind of love is this?
Get over it. THere is no God or Christ or any of that stuff. It was all just one big Bull Shit session that somebody formed to take control at the time. NONE of it can be proven. NONE of it holds any water and is nothing more that hearsay from hundreds of years ago when the smartest person around was equal to what a 6 year old is today.
expose

Westernville, NY

#14 Jun 1, 2011
even if it were true that we evolved from lower life forms millions of years ago,you have to admit that it all had to have started somewhere at some point,something had to have been created. i personally don,t buy into science and carbon dating which bascily says that the earth is millions of years old.
Questions of life

La Fayette, NY

#15 Jun 2, 2011
expose wrote:
even if it were true that we evolved from lower life forms millions of years ago,you have to admit that it all had to have started somewhere at some point,something had to have been created. i personally don,t buy into science and carbon dating which bascily says that the earth is millions of years old.
Well, of course it is. Dinosaurs were around mmillions of years ago and the bones prove it. There's no way man could have survived back them. Science has proven that the world took billions of years to form. Not the several thousand that religion woul dhave you believe. It's impossible. It would still be so hot that nothing could live on it.
Tell me something. If Adam and Eve were the first ones around, who did the recording of the events? And in the bible it states the their son "took his wife" to the city. What city? And where did the wife come from? No mention of that. And they had a son, E'noch, who went on to have kids too. Where did his wife come from? ANd so on. No record of that is there.
And then NOah. Science KNOWS that it takes and elephant 22 months of gestation in order to give birth. It would be mathematically impossible to re-establish an elephant population after the great flood. That's just the laws of numbers. And who recorded all that? Every one was killed according to the bible. The bible makes it sound like there's a secretary taking notes on the side. How and who would know all this stuff if only the mentioned people were alive at the time?
And the Gospels. Come on. They were written hundreds of years after the fact. How can they possibly be considered anywhere near close to factual. And why were some gospels slectively left out of the bible? Sounds like a control thing to me set up by the church. And why is there no mention of Christ from the day he was born until just before he was killed? Where was he all that time? There's no actual proof that he existed at all. Just stories. Look at it this way - if someone were to convince you of a different type of God or belief, you'd would then be wrong about everything life has ever taught. Do you really think the church would let that happen? No. But suppose it did. Then you would know that all the previous beliefs were bunk and you'd adopt these new beliefs as the truth. You see? It's all in what a person WANTS to believe; not whether there's any truth to it.
Ask yourself the same questions I've asked here. See what you come up with for answers. I've looked. There isn't any. I was a believer just like you once. But when no one could answer my questions, I gave it up as a fairy tale. By the way, I never once said I don't believe in God. I do. But the basis for his existance is BS. I believe that there's a higher power that is in control and that all those bible stories are nothing more than a way of explaining it to the people of the time. I believe in the afterlife too. I think there's too much proof to support it now. But the bible thing? Sorry.
hopeful help

Schoharie, NY

#16 Jun 4, 2011
Dear Question: The Bible of today is not the ENTIRE story that was left behind. With some research on your part, you can google THE FORBIDDEN BOOKS OF THE BIBLE and find some answers in what are "lost" or Gnostic books. You will also learn who, what, when, where, and why the Bible of today is as it is. For instance, there are daughters(of Adam AND Eve) mentioned in the "lost" books. Also, the possibility that Jesus may have spent His "lost" years in a Tibetian monastary with monks. Also, some insight on reincarnation and other mysteries. I don't know if this info will help, it is a lot of reading and discernment on your part but Good Luck.
Questions of life

La Fayette, NY

#17 Jun 15, 2011
hopeful help wrote:
Dear Question: The Bible of today is not the ENTIRE story that was left behind. With some research on your part, you can google THE FORBIDDEN BOOKS OF THE BIBLE and find some answers in what are "lost" or Gnostic books. You will also learn who, what, when, where, and why the Bible of today is as it is. For instance, there are daughters(of Adam AND Eve) mentioned in the "lost" books. Also, the possibility that Jesus may have spent His "lost" years in a Tibetian monastary with monks. Also, some insight on reincarnation and other mysteries. I don't know if this info will help, it is a lot of reading and discernment on your part but Good Luck.
THANK YOU. That's all I wanted. Finally someone points the way. Perhaps now I can get my answers or at least put two and two together to understand.
I intend to go there now and read whatever I can on the subject.
Bless you. Remember.....I never said I don't believe in God. I just don't believe the Bible is the book of truths. I think it's a fairy tale.
Oh Dear

Tully, NY

#18 Aug 27, 2011
Another happless victim falls the the story telling BS. How can ANYONE belief in this tripe? The Gospels were written 300 to 400 years after the fact. Do you really think there's any accuracy to the accounting it tells?? You must have rocks for brains if you subscribe to any of this.
We're decendants of other life forms. Life began because conditions were right to do it. End of story. I mean, do you really believe Adam and Eve were the first people on earth? Who was doing all the record keeping to tell the stories mentioned in the bible? There wasn't anyone else around - remember?
Get a life people. I'd rather believe we were put here as an experiment by aliens. At least there's more supporting evidence.
I wanna know

Tully, NY

#19 Aug 30, 2011
Oh Dear wrote:
Another happless victim falls the the story telling BS. How can ANYONE belief in this tripe? The Gospels were written 300 to 400 years after the fact. Do you really think there's any accuracy to the accounting it tells?? You must have rocks for brains if you subscribe to any of this.
We're decendants of other life forms. Life began because conditions were right to do it. End of story. I mean, do you really believe Adam and Eve were the first people on earth? Who was doing all the record keeping to tell the stories mentioned in the bible? There wasn't anyone else around - remember?
Get a life people. I'd rather believe we were put here as an experiment by aliens. At least there's more supporting evidence.
I totally agree. If Adam and Eve were the first and only people on earth, how did the population grown into what it is now without incest? Yet, that's suppose to be against God's laws. And who was around writing all this history down at the time if there were only 2 people? And where did Cain get his wife?
It's all BS pure and simple and anyone who believes it has mud for brains. Think people, THINK! Science had proven that we descended from lower life forms that had a chemical and electrical beginning. People start dead people's hearts all the time with electricity. Who's to say that's not what happened millions of years ago. We have fossils to back it up too. But we don't have an ARK and we don't have anything else but a bunch of fairy tales that some poor uneducated, gullible schmucks believe. If you have to believe in anything, believe we were put here by aliens. It's a hell of a lot more logical.
Oh Dear

Tully, NY

#20 Sep 1, 2011
Absolutely. I would love to hear what the bible slappers have to say about this. Anyone? Care to comment?
I can't believe ANYONE believes this stuff. Do you realize how many wars have been started in the name of religion and beliefs? MOST of them! All because some story teller of old decided to entertain the masses with this trumped up story. Mostly because power hungry religious fanatics at the beginning of all this wanted ultimate power and scared people into believing this tripe. Back then the average IQ was equal to a maple tree though so most people fell for it. With today's supposedly intelligent people I find it hard to believe that anyone still listens to this ridiculous BS at all. I say PROVE IT. Let's see you back up what you claim the way science has backed their claims up. It isn't enough to just SAY it anymore.
bible thumper

Westernville, NY

#21 Sep 4, 2011
Oh Dear wrote:
Absolutely. I would love to hear what the bible slappers have to say about this. Anyone? Care to comment?
I can't believe ANYONE believes this stuff. Do you realize how many wars have been started in the name of religion and beliefs? MOST of them! All because some story teller of old decided to entertain the masses with this trumped up story. Mostly because power hungry religious fanatics at the beginning of all this wanted ultimate power and scared people into believing this tripe. Back then the average IQ was equal to a maple tree though so most people fell for it. With today's supposedly intelligent people I find it hard to believe that anyone still listens to this ridiculous BS at all. I say PROVE IT. Let's see you back up what you claim the way science has backed their claims up. It isn't enough to just SAY it anymore.
lol laugh about it now mock all you want you scoffer but in the end you won,t bemevery kneee shall bow and confess,best get your act together befoe it,s too late probabtion is closing in! tick tock tic tock time is running out!science is a crock by the way!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saranac Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike tyler (May '16) Dec 7 Sara 33
Shannon Clement (Jul '16) Dec 4 Anonymous 3
Tina Treudeu Nov 27 Warning 1
News Understanding the Adirondack Scenic Railroad co... (Mar '14) Oct '17 North Country Bus... 144
Should I move to Lake Placid? (Jan '09) Oct '17 no way baby 11
Anyone want to make quick money? Oct '17 Gorguyinsl 3
Ausable Acres Oct '17 Anonymous 2

Saranac Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saranac Lake Mortgages