Letter: Adirondack railroad would be ...

Letter: Adirondack railroad would be a help to area

There are 1 comment on the Albany Times Union story from Apr 5, 2013, titled Letter: Adirondack railroad would be a help to area. In it, Albany Times Union reports that:

The debate over the proposed rail-to-trail conversion of the Adirondack Scenic Railroad has been pretty one-sided in the letters column.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Albany Times Union.

eddie s

Buford, GA

#1 May 5, 2013
My father has told us boys (5) stories about in the days of his youth he used to catch the Train in Albany with his brothers, stow a canoe and their camping gear in the frieght car and then rode the rails north stopping at various Lakes and Ponds over the years saving days on the old two lane roads when it took 5 hours to get Tupper from Albany. Their favorite was Floodwood Pond which became our favorite from 1955 - 1976 before the State came in and ruined it..Sadly it has turned into something it was not meant to be. But it would help some businesses in the area, not many, but a few is better than none.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saranac Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
homeless man on main on street / near star bucks Nov 20 Gary 4
Cute girl in truck at Stewarts in SL Nov 13 Marcus lengthplus 5
If a parent,you should be pissed off! Raise hel... (May '15) Nov 5 Curious Citizen 2
News NY Statewide Pale Ale to debut Thursday Oct 29 Mayor P 2
News Shmaltz hosting Meet the Brewers happy hour today (May '15) Oct 29 Mayor P 2
News Winthrop man charged with choking teenage girlf... Oct '15 John Bova 13
Robin Miller Oct '15 John Bova 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saranac Lake Mortgages