Law targets northern border drug trade

Law targets northern border drug trade

There are 29 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from Jan 23, 2011, titled Law targets northern border drug trade. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

Drug agents in December got a BOLO - "be on the lookout" - alert for a vehicle speeding away from the border with a load of marijuana.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What next

Boonville, NY

#1 Jan 23, 2011
This is a very interesting article for anyone concerned about the local drug trade.

Since: Dec 09

Syracuse, NY

#2 Jan 23, 2011
It's scary to think all of this is going on right in our own back yards. Canada's laws on growing operations is very weak. There is much more violence on the southern border and we hope it never get's to that point here. If marijuana was decriminalized to the point that a person could grow enough for their own consumption, the demand would be far less from US consumers thus helping this problem greatly.
blowin smoke

Tupper Lake, NY

#3 Jan 23, 2011
fact of it all, shut down the drug trade and watch these shit hole small towns really die... drug money keeps upstate ny alive!!!!
northof nowhere

United States

#4 Jan 23, 2011
We CAN LIVE WITHOUT DRUG TRADE , We would have a safer place fpr our children to grow up in,
It;s only the drug dealers that get rich. Then they get the poor people addicted to them and then steal /rob and kill for what they need.
lmao

Troy, NY

#5 Jan 23, 2011
u cant stop it!!!! its impossile to stop it! some of its comming over in ways the pigs dont even know about yet!!!!lmao - goodluck!!!
interesting

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#6 Jan 23, 2011
lmao wrote:
u cant stop it!!!! its impossile to stop it! some of its comming over in ways the pigs dont even know about yet!!!!lmao - goodluck!!!
Don't kid yourself, dumbass. It takes time and effort to get the bigger dealers than scum like yourself. Remember, on the food chain of the drug trade, you are very, very low. They will give you up in a heartbeat to secure themselves a better deal in a easier facility or one closer to home.
dejunk

Tupper Lake, NY

#7 Jan 23, 2011
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't kid yourself, dumbass. It takes time and effort to get the bigger dealers than scum like yourself. Remember, on the food chain of the drug trade, you are very, very low. They will give you up in a heartbeat to secure themselves a better deal in a easier facility or one closer to home.
they get one and two more pop up, they will never stop it, kinda like fighting terrorism you can't win
Tammy

Ithaca, NY

#8 Jan 23, 2011
I'm all for it... as long as they don"t close A-1 again.
lmao

Troy, NY

#9 Jan 23, 2011
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
if u only knew.
Pedro

New York, NY

#10 Jan 23, 2011
Think of the tax revenue this state would get if they made pot legal!!!
Sick of stupid

Ithaca, NY

#11 Jan 23, 2011
lmao wrote:
<quoted text>
if u only knew.
Oh don't worry LMAO, we know more than you think.... then it will be who's LMAO now? Your a disgusting sack of filth. To stupid to get a real job so you have to take the easy way out. Lazy piece of Sh@t. God's watching dirtbags like you and he will deal with you when the time comes until then we have to, Our judgement will probably be far worse than his. So keep laughing scumbag your on the radar.
concerned

Lake Placid, NY

#12 Jan 24, 2011
Did anyone read about the poor middle aged man from Malone who got busted being a mule in the marijuana trade? He was a former GM worker and Elk leader. This clearly illustrates the effects of deindustrialization and a dying economy in a once booming town. And over what, marijuana?! California was seriously considering legalizing it for recreational purposes, and this guys now faces prison time. This guys was obviously not some thug trying to get rich quick, he was desperate and played the role of a mule for someone else. Drugs are EVERYWHERE! Former leaders and historical figures used drugs, Sherlock Holmes praised cocaine. Every single drug that is illegal in the United States was made that way because of its alleged tie to a minority group. So in response to the hysteria of "we don't want the drug trade in our back yard," it's always there. The only reason it's being publicized is because something much more bigger and badder is currently happening that authorities and people in high positions of power do not want the rest of the public know about, they distract us with minimal issues and make a whirlwind out of it. Dance monkey dance.
Pedro wrote:
Think of the tax revenue this state would get if they made pot legal!!!
dejunk

Tupper Lake, NY

#13 Jan 24, 2011
Sick of stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh don't worry LMAO, we know more than you think.... then it will be who's LMAO now? Your a disgusting sack of filth. To stupid to get a real job so you have to take the easy way out. Lazy piece of Sh@t. God's watching dirtbags like you and he will deal with you when the time comes until then we have to, Our judgement will probably be far worse than his. So keep laughing scumbag your on the radar.
from the pictures I've seen of god he looked like a stoner so calm down its only marijuna
bud god

Troy, NY

#14 Jan 24, 2011
theres no such thing as god....children wouldnt be molested if there was......i do work....got a great job.....so smoke a fatty scumbaggggg!!!!!
Sick of stupid

Ithaca, NY

#15 Jan 24, 2011
dejunk wrote:
<quoted text>from the pictures I've seen of god he looked like a stoner so calm down its only marijuna
Very smart response. I can tell that your probably not much of a contribution to society either. Why don't you watch some documentaries on drugs and there consequences. Im sure you won't because that will involve educating yourself. Which I'm sure your one of the people that dropped out halfway through your senior year. Good for you.
dejunk

Tupper Lake, NY

#16 Jan 24, 2011
Sick of stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Very smart response. I can tell that your probably not much of a contribution to society either. Why don't you watch some documentaries on drugs and there consequences. Im sure you won't because that will involve educating yourself. Which I'm sure your one of the people that dropped out halfway through your senior year. Good for you.
contribution to society?? watch some documentaries on drugs? Do you believe everything you see on tv? I bet you are the kind of turd that believes everything the government says.weed is bad and man made pills are good.. Its true the government said so.. now be a good little sheep and go turn on fox news
right

Ithaca, NY

#17 Jan 24, 2011
dejunk wrote:
<quoted text>from the pictures I've seen of god he looked like a stoner so calm down its only marijuna
concerned

Lake Placid, NY

#18 Jan 24, 2011
If you want to watch unbiased material about the history and effects of drugs watch the History Channel's specials, "Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way," and "Marijuana: A Chronic History." In my opinion these are some of the most factual and interesting documentaries readily available to general public that highlights when and how drug use peaked along with the social response to it.
Community2

Whitesboro, NY

#19 Jan 24, 2011
Whatever.

Drugs cause problems, and relieve some. But nothing causes as much trouble as this stupid War On the Citizens. And I have to pay for it with my wasted tax dollars. I want my taxes used for positive things. And after 40 years of stupidity and destruction, only the idiots who think the Viet Nam War was worth fighting and that we "Could have won", still think this idiocy has ANY merit. It doesn't.

Stop spending my money on the stupid, wasteful, destructive War On Drugs!
darn

Manlius, NY

#20 Jan 24, 2011
darn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saranac Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bump and grind 8 hr Slgod 1
Hot milfs Sep 21 Slguy 10
News Cell tower may be built in Duane (Oct '08) Sep 13 Martha McC 42
News Understanding the Adirondack Scenic Railroad co... (Mar '14) Sep 11 just me 136
North Country Community College Sep 7 Guyinsl 1
Hitch hikers Aug 29 Guyfromsp 1
Ausable Acres Aug '17 Anonymous 1

Saranac Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saranac Lake Mortgages