First Prev
of 3
Next Last
truth

Turin, NY

#1 Oct 8, 2008
False ministries teach that we all have a ghost like entity housed within our bodies which floats away like a butterfly when we die.They call this the soul,or it has even been said the spirit.
truth

Turin, NY

#2 Oct 8, 2008
false ministries teach that there will be a secret coming of jesus called the rapture. christians will just up and disappear,and those left behind will endure 7 yrs of tribulation.
truth

Turin, NY

#3 Oct 8, 2008
False ministries fail to properly define the term soul. they say that the soul is something we have rather than it being what we are.
solid word

Turin, NY

#4 Oct 9, 2008
I very much agree, many of the teachings on this tv program THE WORD GOES FORTH are absolutely untrue.The ignorant fail to understand the truth,and therefore are easily persuaded and decieved,need i say more.
solid word

Turin, NY

#5 Oct 9, 2008
The truth is that there is no immortal soul. Some people like to take some scriptures out of context to support this belief, but when you examine all the biblical evidence for the soul, you find out that it simply does not exist… I recommend you read … http://godkind.org/soul.html and you can recommend your forum people to do the same. Ask them to refute what is written… but also tell them that they can't pick and choose scriptures to create a doctrine…
solid word

Turin, NY

#6 Oct 9, 2008
no mention anywhere throughout the bible of a 7 yr tribualtion. this is a private interpretation,a man mad doctrine.
solid word

Turin, NY

#7 Oct 9, 2008
These ministries like to take scripture and twist the meaning to fit their own ideas,ideas which cannot be supported biblically.There is alot of twisting of scripture going on out there,these ministries have no idea what their doing to the gospel,they really don,t.
expose

Turin, NY

#8 Oct 9, 2008
THE WORD GOES FORTH to expose this ministry call them during their air time Tuesday nights at 8 pm sharp.The program runs from 8pm to 9 pm every Tuesday night channel 2 time warner cable.
expose

Turin, NY

#9 Oct 9, 2008
1 "At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered. 2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 Those who are wise [a] will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. not when you die,when jesus returns!

Footnotes:
expose

Turin, NY

#10 Oct 9, 2008
John 3:13 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

13No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[a]
expose

Turin, NY

#11 Oct 9, 2008
Psalm 150:6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD
expose

Turin, NY

#12 Oct 9, 2008
6Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.This is directly from the king james version which most preachers like to preach from. sounds alittle different than what most of them teach doesn,t it.
testify

Turin, NY

#13 Oct 10, 2008
"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them" (Isaiah 8:20). Believe the Word of God and the LORD Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved!
expose

Turin, NY

#14 Oct 10, 2008
once the breath of life leaves the body you,re dead. dead with no conscience whatsoever,no knowledge ,no device says the bible.all men whether good or bad will take part in either the first resurrection,or the second resurrection.The first resurrection occurs when jesus comes,the second occurs 1000 yrs later.There will be a resurrection to life,and a resurrection to condemnation.
expose

Turin, NY

#15 Oct 10, 2008
What Is A Soul?
"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7. This scripture states that the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. What does it mean when it speaks of the spirit? In Job 27:3 it says, "All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils." This text shows us that the spirit which God gives to man, is in his nostrils. Genesis 2:7 says, "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." God breathed into man's nostrils at creation and that breath of life is the spirit which returns to God at death.
So the words breath and spirit are used as the same word in the Bible, meaning the life which God gave man. And the breath and or spirit is how man lives. The body of mankind was formed out of the dust of the ground and then God breathed life into man and he became a living soul. You'll notice that man became a living soul, not received a living soul. There is a difference.
expose

Turin, NY

#16 Oct 10, 2008
spirit (breath),body(the dust),and soul(the living body)
expose

Turin, NY

#17 Oct 11, 2008
FROM THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE CHURCH THAT WAS STARTED BY JESUS CHRIST HE WARNED HIS DISCIPLES THAT THERE WOULD BE FALSE TEACHERS.

The Bible is truth and it is also the Word of God. For any Christian doctrine to be true, it has to be backed up by scripture.

The Christian Religion is riddled with false doctrine that cannot be backed up by the Bible. The doctrines on heaven, hell, the soul, the spirit, and life after death are just a few of these false doctrines.

Since: May 08

Kovvur, India

#18 Oct 11, 2008
Hi this is chapel.I just think that truth will be in our hands.If you are a lier you know that you are lieing,if others don't may not be know.I think every one must be true and sincere in their work are in their personal life.The soul is the thing it will always judge you.
James Chapel
expose

Turin, NY

#19 Oct 11, 2008
good deal chapel how true of a statement. but the thing is some people and including many ministers out there have never really learned the truth. The,ve only gone by what they were taught without ever doing the research,and they reap themselves to be teachers,when clearly they are spiritually blinded and haven,t even discovered the real truth for themselves.The bible should be read and studied carefully before jumpingg to any conclusion. steve wholbergh said it best"people are going to fast without realizing it,they need to look at their speedometer and slow down."Never buil a doctrine on one passage,read the whole bible first. this applies especially to the term soul and how it is used according to the bible.The bible makes no reference to the soul as being a seperated entity which ges on. when someone reads the bible the,ll discover throughout it that the soul carries on a much different meaning than what is traditionally taught.This is the reason why i believe the bible says it ministers questions,questions perhaps like why is the meaning of the term soul different than what most preach?
spiritual

Turin, NY

#20 Oct 11, 2008
good point epose well said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saranac Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anybody know a Michael Tyler 58 min Curious 10
News Understanding the Adirondack Scenic Railroad co... (Mar '14) Mon Carefree 69
Paul lamere Apr 23 Rambo 2
Pat St.John (Mar '11) Apr 13 John bova 25
Moving to Jay, NY Apr 13 John bova 3
Annie godin Apr 13 John bova 11
News Muslims connect with their Adirondack neighbors... Apr 12 Lucy Jane 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saranac Lake Mortgages