Traditions of men vs the bible

Posted in the Saranac Lake Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
cliff

Champlain, NY

#1 Sep 1, 2010
lets consider the very first lie ever told and how the majority have responded to it! the serpent said"thou shall not surely die"
cliff

Champlain, NY

#2 Sep 2, 2010
" well you see john is no longer with us he,s in heaven now" really if i rember correctly john was put in a box ,put in the ground and was covered up with dirt.How did john get out of that box,well you see he as this immortal soul which floats away from your body and goes right to heaven,well if john has this immortal soul,if we have this immortal soul which floats away from our body we would be the same as jesus christ,the bible says that jesus only hath immortality. if youhad this thing which floated away from you why would jesus christ have to come back and get you at the second coming if your already up there,people don,t pay attention to what the bible says!
cliff

Champlain, NY

#3 Sep 2, 2010
The bible tells us that the hour will come in which all who are in their graves,where? in their graves shall come forth some to eternal life others to condemnation, it does not say that those who are in heaven or those who are in a place called hell will come forth. would that make any sense?
mike

Champlain, NY

#4 Sep 2, 2010
i ageee with you entirely,it saddens me and disgusts me that there are churches out there teaching this that you don,t really die! the word goes forth is a private run minstry which teaches this nonsense also!
mike

Champlain, NY

#5 Sep 2, 2010
Rev. 12:17 we see a church rising up just before the return of Jesus Christ called the remnant. This church is described as keeping the ten commandments of God (including the 4th) and having the testimony of Jesus Christ. In Rom. 11:4 Paul indicates also that this remnant church won't bow the knee to Baal or in other words won't allow pagan ideas, days or idols to be introduced into her doctrine or liturgy.

Satan will war with this remnant church because she will be preaching the truth of God and Satan hates the truth. Also, because this church will expose him for what he is: a liar and a murderer (John 8:44), and a fraud who deceives the whole world (Rev. 12:9). Satan and his deceptions are the cause of all this world's evils and problems and the remnant church is going to expose him for what he is and what he stands for.
cliff

United States

#6 Sep 2, 2010
for the living know they will die but the dead know not anything is what the bible teaches.The bible teaches us that the dead do not praise thee also.so folks wake up.
cliff

United States

#7 Sep 2, 2010
from dust thou came and unto dust thou shall return.ssays nothing about going to heaven,nothing at all!
mike

Champlain, NY

#8 Sep 3, 2010
what proof do they provide as their heavenbound theory "assuredly i tell you today you will be with me in paradise" the dilemma here is where should the comma have been placed ,some bibles put the comma before the word today and some after. did the original bible which was written in hebrew and greek include commas and other punctuation,no it did not.did jesus ascend to his father after he died on the cross? jesus told mary not to cling to him for he has not yet ascended to his father.
mike

Champlain, NY

#9 Sep 3, 2010
did jesus not say that he would raise Lazarus up at the last day?
mike

Champlain, NY

#10 Sep 3, 2010
why would jesus have to come back and get you at the second coming if you,re already there in heaven? make sense?
cliff

Champlain, NY

#11 Sep 4, 2010
he belief that the soul continues its existence after the dissolution of the body is a matter of philosophical or theological speculation rather than of simple faith, and is accordingly nowhere expressly taught in Holy Scripture. As long as the soul was conceived to be merely a breath ("nefesh"; "neshamah"; comp. "anima"), and inseparably connected, if not identified, with the life-blood (Gen. ix. 4, comp. iv. 11; Lev. xvii. 11; see Soul), no real substance could be ascribed to it. As soon as the spirit or breath of God ("nishmat" or "ruaḥ ḥayyim"), which was believed to keep body and soul together, both in man and in beast (Gen. ii. 7, vi. 17, vii. 22; Job xxvii. 3), is taken away (Ps. cxlvi. 4) or returns to God (Eccl. xii. 7; Job xxxiv. 14), the soul goes down to Sheol or Hades, there to lead a shadowy existence without life and consciousness (Job xiv. 21; Ps.

Read more: http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp...
cliff

Champlain, NY

#12 Sep 4, 2010
Base your conclusions on what sayeth the bible not misguided individuals who claim to know the truth.
moathb

Champlain, NY

#13 Sep 4, 2010
cliff wrote:
lets consider the very first lie ever told and how the majority have responded to it! the serpent said"thou shall not surely die"
take the tv show The words goes forth for example!
moathb

Champlain, NY

#14 Sep 5, 2010
thier no longer with us now their in heaven they say,lol,people wake up these deluded individuals have been saying the same thing over and over again for years. search the bible and see what it has to say vs these blind men and their tradition,and you,ll discover the truth!
moathb

Champlain, NY

#15 Sep 5, 2010
why would jesus christ have to come back and get you at the second coming if your already up in heaven walking the golden streets,make sense it absolutely does!
lawman

United States

#16 Sep 6, 2010
blessed are thee which keep his commandments.Gods moral law,the 10 commandments.sin is transgression of the law.Gods law still exists,don,t let anyone tell you otherwise.
lawman

United States

#17 Sep 6, 2010
do we have laws we are to follow ,or is it that we can do whatever it is we want?
lawman

United States

#18 Sep 6, 2010
if there,s no law then there,s no transgression if there s no laws in our societh then there s no crime.
lawman

United States

#19 Sep 6, 2010
make sense ,absolutely!
lawman

United States

#20 Sep 6, 2010
THE REMNANT CHURCH KEEPS GODS LAW THR TEN COMMANDMENTS AND HAS THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saranac Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Run Brian B. For District Attorney Thu Rev Yummypants 3
Massage Wed Guyinlp 3
schriver Aug 15 pistol in my pocket 1
News Understanding the Adirondack Scenic Railroad co... (Mar '14) Aug 14 Rev Yummypants 135
Chris at family dollar Aug 14 snitch 2
News Franklin County tops sex offender list for NY s... (Feb '08) Aug 8 Cruel and Unusual 36
Seasons Aug 5 Slamheragains 1

Saranac Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saranac Lake Mortgages