Man killed by hit-and-run driver in M...

Man killed by hit-and-run driver in Moriah

There are 78 comments on the Press-Republican story from Jul 18, 2010, titled Man killed by hit-and-run driver in Moriah. In it, Press-Republican reports that:

Disqus Man killed by hit-and-run driver in Moriah By LOHR McKINSTRY MORIAH - Police are searching for the hit-and-run driver who killed a man walking along Dugway Road here early Sunday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Republican.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
A family friend

Pittsfield, MA

#65 Apr 10, 2011
Yet this is blamed on the driver,,who was used as a tool,,, to take the heat off them,,, I really think there was foul play before he was laying in the road,he had never done that before,,an argument before the fact,,,,, no one knows why he would have been all alone, instead of being with his brother,, it just don't make sense that he would have been there in the position for a car to hit him after the whole altercation that happened before hand !!! This poor girl is taking the rap for what really happened. This FAMILY FRIEND is all about seeing her as guilty .. he could have been shoved out just as she was passing,,,
A family friend

Pittsfield, MA

#66 Apr 10, 2011
Up tight,,,,,,,,,, it was left up to the cops, and forensic,,,,and she is still blamed after she was declared innocent,,,!!!
Jo M

Bolton Landing, NY

#67 Apr 19, 2011
ok if someone he was with that night put him there where dose this get handed down to she did it she ran him over backed up over him and ran over him again... i know why you didnt get your degree in criminal justice because your a dumb ass you dont think before you say shit proves your not smart enough to get a degree in criminal justice.. all I have to say is the court found her not guilty and entered into her defence was a state trooper that had said she was around the fifth car to hit her... hello he said it... he is law enforcement.. tell him he is lying
A Family Freind

Pittsfield, MA

#68 Apr 19, 2011
To Jo M ,,, I am agreeing with you, not against you.. that is why I said they should get a degree in criminal justice if they think she was the guilty party, when there was evidence that she was not the only person to hit him.. Why was he there ???
family friend

Cobleskill, NY

#69 Apr 20, 2011
were u at the "court date'? U all act like there was a trial or something. I dont live there but Im pretty sure I woulda heard about a trial and shit. Do you have a degree in criminal justice Joanna? not likely. Then welfare couldnt pay you cause u would have a decent job. As far as I know it was just the usual po-dunk court date with no real evidence collected or submitted. Just a typical sweep under the rug. Someone said they hit him, which must be true right, I mean they said they did. So no further look needed. Forget the gang assault on his brother earlier that day, forget the fact he was kicked out of a car on lincoln pond road by the same people who beat the shit outta his brother and threw them both out. If u actually read what I said, all I said about that girl is she is covering someone's ass. Thats what she is upset about. She probably wants to tell the truth but who knows at what consequence. Is it just a coincidence her boyfriend was also involved in the fight earlier? Seriously people get ur heads outta ur ass! It dont take a genius to put it all together. Then that scumbag JT decides to show up at his services. Hes lucky a few people talked a few others outta stompin his head into the sidewalk. They know what went down. But hey, its open and shut right. Just let that scared girl take the rap, get NOTHING, and move on. It was only someone's son,brother,uncle,and father! But hey what does it matter. It wasnt anyone important.
A Family Freind

Pittsfield, MA

#70 Apr 20, 2011
family friend wrote:
still nothing huh? no final news release on the incident? no charges? not even a traffic ticket? Hell if you rearend a vehicle or anything with noone getting hurt at all the cops are quick to issue tickets for spped imprudent, or whatever. Yet a man gets killed while walking and the driver leaves the scene until she hears on the scanner they found the body and gets scared and turns herself in "supposedly" and yet not even a single ticket?! No favortism in essex county at all right? what a freakin joke. No justice. Hope you are enjoying ur freedom too Jesse! Scumbag dope head. We all know what u did too so dont think ur safe. U will ALL get yours one day.
This is what you wrote about the situation of the girl,,,,now if you think there may be more to the ACCIDENT,by means of foul play and she was scared to say anything that she may have seen,as to what really happened... your Contradicting yourself in your last statement to this one.. If she was threatened to keep quiet about what she had seen before the accident,,yes she is going to keep quiet. Wouldn't you if you thought of what he was capable of doing... This poor man could have been shoved out to the road after already being injured,and the persons responsable where still there ,, maybe,just maybe that is why she left the scene. So she would still be alive..........
Patrick Bateman

Warrensburg, NY

#71 Apr 20, 2011
... wouldn't she say that?
Alex McQuinn

Ithaca, NY

#72 Apr 21, 2011
Who cares. He is dead. It is done.
Jo M

Bolton Landing, NY

#74 May 1, 2011
First off... I have a good job and I dont get welfare... and as for the degree nope I didnt finish my crimnal justice degree because I had kids and had to go get a job to support them...and my personal life should not be mentioned on here in the first place.. I didnt bring yours into because you are to ashamed to post your name wonder why that is... and like i said before she was found inocent by the court.. I have no more to say..Im not going to continue to post comments on here because some people seem to think they know everything about everyone when in all reality they know only about themselves and speculate about everyone eles.. If you really knew me at all you would know where I live how many kids I have where I work whom I am married to if Im married at all.. How long I have lived where I live and my personality which I dont think You all do at all.. So go bother someone eles you dont really know..
the midnight rambler

Bolton Landing, NY

#75 May 1, 2011
I was there,I called the police on my cell,I stood over the body.He was not hit 3 or 4 times. So lets put this to bed. End of story. 'Nite'Nite
concerned about justice

Troy, OH

#76 May 4, 2011
the midnight rambler wrote:
I was there,I called the police on my cell,I stood over the body.He was not hit 3 or 4 times. So lets put this to bed. End of story.'Nite'Nite
Thank you very much to the one that actually called the police. An accident is an accident, but to run and not call 911 and show back up to the scene some 45 minutes later is another. She knew what she did and there is no denying that fact. She knew she hit a person, so she went to get her boyfriend, who she was arguing with at the time, and who knows, if this person didn't stop and call 911 they probably would have just shoved him into the woods and never said a word. But because there was someone else there she had no choice but to pipe up and say that she had done it. No it doesn't take a genius to put the pieces together. Yeah it may have been an accident but she still left the scene of a fatal accident. But because the alcohol was on his breath we aren't going to charge her with a crime, nah I don't think so. By the way this isn't over by a long shot, I spoke with the brother and the state may not have gotten any charges but he is going to go after the state for fudging the entire investigation and also see what can be done about charges of vehicular manslaughter being brought on the girl that is responsible, because otherwise we might just as well go and hit and kill everyone that is drunk and on the side of the road.
people suck

United States

#77 May 6, 2011
whaaaat??????
concerned about justice

Troy, OH

#78 May 6, 2011
people suck wrote:
whaaaat??????
Well apparently the state proved to everyone that it is okay to hit someone and kill them if the person you are hitting is drunk, you can get away with it. And second, the state police never gave the girl a breathalizer at the scene or anything, and another thing they told his brother at 9 that morning that they were still looking for the driver, they were still looking 2 days later so she never turned herself in. I heard that the police had caught the boyfriend trying to hide the car behind a shed or something. There is a lot more to this story than what people think. And if his brother has anything to say about it he WILL get to the bottom of it.
moriah

Bolton Landing, NY

#79 May 22, 2011
they came and took her car that morning it was sitting in sean's mother's yard was not hidden at all they told her they were taking her car to analize it... she let them take it... she called 911 with in 10 mins... if you dont know what your talking about then dont talk.. speculate all ya want but it comes down to ya dont know the truth and no one dose... so shut the hell up this topic is getting old go find other people to bother because we all know that is what topix is all about talk about people when you dont even know them...
Way Back

Lake George, NY

#80 Jun 7, 2011
concerned about justice wrote:
<quoted text>Well apparently the state proved to everyone that it is okay to hit someone and kill them if the person you are hitting is drunk, you can get away with it. And second, the state police never gave the girl a breathalizer at the scene or anything, and another thing they told his brother at 9 that morning that they were still looking for the driver, they were still looking 2 days later so she never turned herself in. I heard that the police had caught the boyfriend trying to hide the car behind a shed or something. There is a lot more to this story than what people think. And if his brother has anything to say about it he WILL get to the bottom of it.
I read your last two posts and you'd be better off to keep your mouth shut as you have no idea what you're talking about and make no sense whatsoever. Sounds like another cop wannabe.
Dont hold your breath

Cobleskill, NY

#81 Jun 7, 2011
concerned about justice wrote:
<quoted text>Well apparently the state proved to everyone that it is okay to hit someone and kill them if the person you are hitting is drunk, you can get away with it. And second, the state police never gave the girl a breathalizer at the scene or anything, and another thing they told his brother at 9 that morning that they were still looking for the driver, they were still looking 2 days later so she never turned herself in. I heard that the police had caught the boyfriend trying to hide the car behind a shed or something. There is a lot more to this story than what people think. And if his brother has anything to say about it he WILL get to the bottom of it.
Get a gun and start shooting.....you'll get some awareness then. Or get a couple of holes dug....If it was my brother the cops be lucky if they didnt end up in those with them....Gotta take the LAW into your own hands. The police are completely inept..They dropped the ball so much in the beginning they can't prosecute them...so the familys just screwed...Shit they don't even have the sack to admit that much....last thing you'll get out of any of them is an apology.....you have to MAKE them sorry.
A cousin of Sean

United States

#82 Jan 10, 2012
wrong wrote:
Sean does not have a brother . moron .
Actaully Spithead, he'd HAD two, now he's got one.... Because of an unfortunate car accident!
concerned about justice

Troy, OH

#83 Jan 15, 2012
@way back. Another cop wannabe, nah that would be every tom dick and harry in that area. I know more about what happened than any other bastard that's here so why don't you start with keeping your mouth shut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saranac Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sunmount (Jul '09) 8 hr Gross 26
Annie godin Wed SlickSuze 14
News Understanding the Adirondack Scenic Railroad co... (Mar '14) Wed Lousy train manag... 108
News 3 men convicted of assaulting disabled teenager... Jun 24 bullies 1
Pat St.John (Mar '11) Jun 23 friend of family 28
kayla at rent a center May '16 RIHANNA WORK WORK... 1
Mike tyler May '16 Erin 6

Saranac Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saranac Lake Mortgages