Welfare fraud in Franklin County

A Franklin County sweep netted more than a dozen individuals accused of welfare fraud. Full Story
taxpayer

Boonville, NY

#1 Jun 20, 2011
If these folks don't get bailed out soon do you know what is going to happen to the BINGO halls? LOL They will have to start laying off people.
taxpayer

Boonville, NY

#2 Jun 20, 2011
Malone's stoic theme:

"WELFARE CHECKS
THEY KEEP YOU WEALTHY
MEDICAID IT KEEP
YOU HEALTHY"
dinky

Saranac Lake, NY

#3 Jun 21, 2011
i say,leave them in the lock up!serious question,If a person is on welfare,and they get locked up,does that person loose their benefits from the state for the time they were locked up?I am being serious,do they?.
Eyes And Ears

United States

#4 Jun 21, 2011
YES i believe there asst. does stop will in jail and they have to reaply when out
working1975

La Fayette, NY

#5 Jun 22, 2011
Eyes And Ears wrote:
YES i believe there asst. does stop will in jail and they have to reaply when out
but we the tax payers still pay for them while they are locked up
taxpayer

Boonville, NY

#6 Jun 22, 2011
Yes...and when they get back out again.
malone 2

Tully, NY

#7 Jun 24, 2011
dinky wrote:
i say,leave them in the lock up!serious question,If a person is on welfare,and they get locked up,does that person loose their benefits from the state for the time they were locked up?I am being serious,do they?.
either way, locked up or not, we tax payers have to pay.
Enough Already

New York, NY

#8 Oct 7, 2012
I just hav one question. Why is it that a person commits welfare fraud gets put in jail, and is made to repay every penny they took, plus fines, plus jail time, but some so-called upper class bitch steals a 100 grand or more from comlinks and gets NO jail time, DOESN'T have to pay back one penny of it, get NO fines, and only had to pay the court costs, plus gets probation that lets her do what ever she wants(like move to Mo. with all the money she stole. And if you want facts, read the paper.
DARWIN

New York, NY

#9 Oct 8, 2012
cmon thats just one person we are talking about hundreds of pople stealing waaaay more.
ny guy

New York, NY

#10 Oct 11, 2012
DARWIN wrote:
cmon thats just one person we are talking about hundreds of pople stealing waaaay more.
unfortunately, people at all levels in the world are commiting fraud and other forms of theft. from the bum sitting on his porch,to the highest levels of politicians sitting in washington. because of this so called "milking" of finances, the economy is about to collapse severely. for decades society has been consuming more income than it takes in.wheither legally or illegally, its gone too far. monetary watse,fraud,theft has taken its toll, federal govt. is BROKE, burdened with a debt they can never pay back. the stock market on wall street is in reality only worth 1/3 of what they claim their stocks actually are(fraud).. basically, human waste and greed is the reason for the upcoming major depression that will make the depression of the 1930s look like a picnic. stock up on food and water while you can...
oh so lovely

New York, NY

#11 Nov 2, 2012
Enough Already wrote:
I just hav one question. Why is it that a person commits welfare fraud gets put in jail, and is made to repay every penny they took, plus fines, plus jail time, but some so-called upper class bitch steals a 100 grand or more from comlinks and gets NO jail time, DOESN'T have to pay back one penny of it, get NO fines, and only had to pay the court costs, plus gets probation that lets her do what ever she wants(like move to Mo. with all the money she stole. And if you want facts, read the paper.
Because they knew that if she had been convicted the way she deserved, she would have blown in half the town of Malone with her. Names would have been named and so many people would have been dragged into it that it would have made Watergate look like a picnic.
Malonian

New York, NY

#12 Nov 2, 2012
Malone EXPLODED with welfare revelry TODAY! There was a sense of URGENCY in that air, and unwashed bodies!
NRA FOREVER

Albany, NY

#13 Nov 2, 2012
Cut welfare.

Vote Romney
wut

New York, NY

#14 Nov 3, 2012
This thread ought to be called, "REPUBLICAN LIES IN FRANKLIN COUNTY".

Nobody votes for pathological liars. Nobody with a brain in their head, except for other liars, that is.

If you need a scape goat of some kind? Look at yourselves. If you were better educated, you'd have better jobs, you'd be making enough money to live on, and you wouldn't have to look for anyone else to beat up over it.

And if you didn't have your heads on backwards politically, you'd be voting for your own best interests, and not for these republican liars who only want your slavery and servitude to the the ultra rich.

Not that it matters. Romney is a loser and Ryan is a bigger loser. And so are poor people and working class people who have anything to do with them. There are only two kinds of republicans... millionaires, and chumps. Which one are you?
butch

New York, NY

#15 Nov 3, 2012
Malonian wrote:
Malone EXPLODED with welfare revelry TODAY! There was a sense of URGENCY in that air, and unwashed bodies!
Someone is obviously very interested in unwashed bodies, for some reason.

And URGENCY. How dramatic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saranac Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 2 hr NAVYVET 760
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 2 hr NAVYVET 6,391
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr positronium 6,463
Review: ABC Auto - Wilmington, NY (Dec '13) 21 hr Adirondacknative2014 5
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sun Jeff 16,795
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Sep 21 Jimmy Rustle 676
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 No one 440

Saranac Lake Jobs

Saranac Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Saranac Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Saranac Lake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]