what happened to the waterhole???

what happened to the waterhole???

Posted in the Saranac Lake Forum

MyMyHeyHey

United States

#1 Jul 30, 2010
We have been going to the Waterhole for about 30 years now, it has always been my favorite bar on the planet, and I am shocked at the "new" Waterhole". 2 weeks ago we went in and could not believe the "kid" music being played on the stereo. We left because it was pretty annoying. Then last week 2 friends went in, sober, to play pool and some punks wanted to fight over quarters on the table. How juvenile. The other night we tried again to hang out and all the 20-somethings were acting ridiculous again, puffing up and letting us know this is their place now, hats on backwards, pants on the ground. My friend told the bartender that Larry would roll over in his grave if he ever heard that kind of crappy music in the Waterhole, and they told us "too bad, leave if you don't like it, it's under new management now". We went outside to get away from the whole scene, and they came out and turned up the outside speakers just to be punks. That's it for us, we left there knowing that the end of a long, cool, era is over, and we are all pretty sad about it.
By the way, where all all the old Waterhole people going now? Surely not there, to listen to techn--crap and to fight with kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saranac Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News President Trump's Budget Targets 215,797 New Yo... Apr 14 Fact 1
Get Rid Of Kristy Sprauge as DA Apr 7 Fed up 10
sunmount (Jul '09) Apr 7 braithwaite 54
Run Brian B. For District Attorney Apr 1 Voter 2
News Indian athlete who overcame the travel ban arre... Mar '17 Community Disorga... 33
Mike tyler (May '16) Mar '17 Jo Cur 32
Review: ABC Auto - Wilmington, NY (Dec '13) Mar '17 White 8

Saranac Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saranac Lake Mortgages