Four die in highway construction accident near Verdel, Neb.

Sep 12, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Omaha World-Herald

Four men working on a drainage trench in northeast Nebraska were killed today when the trench collapsed on one man and the others tried to rescue him.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Dec 23, 2011
Jim

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2008

I beleive you will see a "lawsuit from hell" on this one. Anytime people are working in any type of ditch it is to be shorred up and it was not or this would not have happened. Extremely sad that 4 people lost their lives over a simple blunder.
Jen

Blair, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

My husband was working on this job when the accident happened. The three men who died trying to save the first man are all heros. There will be huge lawsuits from this accident because they did not have any type of blockage from the dirt caving in on them. If there was some type of box in there at the time of the accident, they would all probably still be alive. I just cant imagine what the families are going thru, I pray for them everyday. I know if my husband was right there when it happened, he would have jumped in to save them, it is just an instinct. I hope that this never happens again, because it can be prevented.
curios

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2011

may they all rest in peace, my prayers to all of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Santee Discussions

Search the Santee Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Nebraska (... (Oct '10) Feb '14 Deena Province 102
NE Who do you support for Governor in Nebraska in ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 Orville 1,093
Keystone XL pipeline would screw over farmers, ... (Jul '11) Sep '13 SHYKORA arts PAUL 8
NE Who do you support for Auditor of Public Accoun... (Oct '10) Jul '13 Test 302
metal detecting (Feb '12) Sep '12 Anonymous 2
Debate: Civil Unions - Niobrara, NE (Jan '12) Jan '12 Ellie 2
Debate: Nuclear Power - Niobrara, NE (Mar '11) Jan '12 Louiston 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Santee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••