Deal reached to clear out Mothball Fleet

Deal reached to clear out Mothball Fleet

There are 4 comments on the The Reporter story from Mar 31, 2010, titled Deal reached to clear out Mothball Fleet. In it, The Reporter reports that:

The U.S. Maritime Administration, state clean-water regulators and environmentalists have reached an agreement to settle a federal lawsuit and speed the removal of obsolete ships from Suisun Bay under a deal to be announced this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

George

Lafayette, CA

#1 Mar 31, 2010
Will this agenda pattern then be channeled towards the sunken war ships in Pearl Harbor that are rusting and leaking oil... as they have been for decades?

Hypocrisy and/or agenda?
Joey

Santa Clara, CA

#2 Mar 31, 2010
Agenda??

I can only hope a Democratic Administration stays in power until the cleanup work is done. As soon as the Repugnants get in power they will stop any cleanup work since the environment is not a priority.
Matt

Vacaville, CA

#3 Mar 31, 2010
I still don't understand why they take them to Texas. We have Mare Island and Port Chicago's old dry docks that easily handled the job, and greated tome much needed jobs here.
Bill

Santa Clara, CA

#4 Mar 31, 2010
Matt wrote:
I still don't understand why they take them to Texas. We have Mare Island and Port Chicago's old dry docks that easily handled the job, and greated tome much needed jobs here.
I can only assume start up costs. We have the facilities BUT they have been idle for years. Texas probably has all the necessary pieces in place to get going. sadly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Ynez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No, the 'big one' didn't hit California Wednesday Jun 23 okimar 7
Paul Walker Home adress (Dec '08) Jun 15 AmberM 28
News New Art Therapy Studio Draws on Power of Expres... Jun 10 rickyruns82 7
Does Anybody Know a Nicole Ballard Jun 7 Boss 1
what's in lompoc? Jun 3 Mona Day 1
News Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... (Jun '14) May 31 perhaps 101
Security guard at Trader Joe's says Sherrif is ... May 28 Downtown Guard 1

Santa Ynez Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Ynez Mortgages