Activists sue over Calif. bridge suic...

Activists sue over Calif. bridge suicide barriers

There are 4 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Jul 23, 2009, titled Activists sue over Calif. bridge suicide barriers. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Activists are suing to halt California plans to erect suicide barriers along Santa Barbara County's scenic Cold Spring Canyon Bridge, where dozens of people have jumped to their deaths.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

kma

Newington, CT

#1 Jul 23, 2009
In a state with a $26 Billion deficit they want to spend $4 Million to protect people from themselves. I guess, however, if they don't do it some greedy lawyer will sue them for wrongful death because they DIDN'T stop a suicide.
Rod Blagojevich

Chicago, IL

#2 Jul 23, 2009
I cant believe Friends of the Bridge president Marc McGinne would pull this sh!t. More suicides = less taxpayers?
Jay

Shelton, CT

#3 Jul 23, 2009
The view is much better with decomposing bodies rather than a fence I guess.
BPT

East Hampton, CT

#4 Jul 23, 2009
it's out of control with the lawsuits in this country. there will never be tort reform because most of our politicians are lawyers and they will never take the money from their brothers mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Ynez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Advice For LBGT Group May 8 Pack the poop 2
News Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... (Jun '14) May 1 infact 106
News Discovery Requests Push iV Menus Owner's Rape H... Apr 25 CINDYGALLY 1
News Chumash Tribe's Gift Jump Starts Campaign to Re... Mar '18 Zandra 1
News Paris Jackson shows off new sunflower tattoo as... (Oct '16) Jan '17 The Power Of Mast... 4
News Michael Jackson's Neverland property on sale fo... (May '15) May '16 Bryher Sooty-Fur 5
Natural Hot Springs Locations are? (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ron 1

Santa Ynez Jobs

Personal Finance

Santa Ynez Mortgages