Santa Barbara County's Highway 154 no...

Santa Barbara County's Highway 154 now called Chumash Highway

There are 2 comments on the SF Gate story from Sep 19, 2007, titled Santa Barbara County's Highway 154 now called Chumash Highway. In it, SF Gate reports that:

“Travelers taking the scenic route from Santa Ynez to Santa Barbara cross a journey that the Chumash people have traversed for thousands of years”

Article:Santa Barbara County's Highway 154 now called Chumash H:/n/a/2007/09/19/state/n073428D63.DTL Article:Santa Barbara County's Highway 154 now called Chumash H:/n/a/2007/09/19/state/n073428D63.DTL Santa ... via SF Gate

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SF Gate.

reenee

Solvang, CA

#1 Sep 22, 2007
Good.
Donna McCoy

Santa Maria, CA

#2 Oct 30, 2007
Growing up in Santa Barbara, my parents often took us kids to Cachuma Lake. This was in the '50's and 60's when it was known as San Marcos Pass. The pass was used by the pony express as well as settlers coming to Santa Maria Valley. Cold Springs Tavern is rich with history, as is San Marcos Pass, but out with the old and in with the new. Least I can keep my memories

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Ynez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Most fire evacuations lifted near S... Jun 23 katybirdhudson 1
City Bans Beloved Parking Garage Guitarist Jun 10 israel suckz 2
News Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... (Jun '14) May '16 damndude 85
News Menelli Trading Company Begins 'Meet the Artist... May '16 Miles Carroll 1
Physical Home Security May '16 Mr Paranoid 1
News The Latest: Company faces felonies in Californi... May '16 Leann 1
News By Katy Murphy, [email protected] May '16 Janet 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Ynez Mortgages