Jurors Find Ashley Johnigan Guilty Of...

Jurors Find Ashley Johnigan Guilty Of Murder

There are 2 comments on the KEYT story from Sep 15, 2009, titled Jurors Find Ashley Johnigan Guilty Of Murder. In it, KEYT reports that:

UPDATE: Jurors for the Ashley Johnigan case, say Johnigan is guilty of murder. Johnigan, was accused of driving drunk, crashing into two cars and killing an investigator with the Santa Barbara County District Attorney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KEYT.

Josh Lieberman

West Covina, CA

#1 Sep 26, 2009
This was a terrible incident; there is no excuse for drunk driving... but in all fairness, Ashley was approached by the police while parked on the side of the road. They had no lights on and did not identify themselves. This sent her into a panic and definitely was a cause of the accident. Three officers volunteered to testify to this but it was thrown out. Also, Ms Johnigan was tried in the area where the deceased District Attorney Investigator had many friends, fellow workers, and family. There had to be understandable emotionalism present in this court room biased against the defendant. The defendant's lawyers requests to move the trial to another vicinity was denied. I don't feel Ashley received a fair trial in this case, even with the gravity of the incident.
FairAndBalancedM y Ass

Marina Del Rey, CA

#2 Oct 6, 2009
The level of hypocrisey and idiocy, with the exception of a few, within the comments on this article is alarming.
SHE PULLED OVER ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD TO SOBER UP!!!!
Even in a state of complete drunkeness she had a clear and abiding sense of public safety. Should she have been drinking and driving - of course not. Should she be convicted of vehicular manslaughter - I believe she should.
But she did not MURDER that woman. The police officers did not, and EVEN SAID SO IN OPEN COURT, identify themselves. They did not think she knew they were police officers. THEY SAID SO!!!
Alone on a dark road in an expensive car in the middle of the night - what would a sober 24 year-old do. What would a sober 54 year old woman do when approached from behind by an unidentified vehicle? Don't be stupid and reactionary. Every case is different and this girl is not a murderer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Ynez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poor as Food for Rich? Jan 19 Guest of uranus 4
Montecito Nude Colony Open House Jan 19 Guest of uranus 4
Burn Jan 19 Muddy buddy 3
News 'Searching for a miracle' in California mudslides Jan 19 Muddy buddy 2
Social Security ALJ Mary Everstine LIES (Jan '17) Jan 11 Angie Murdock 4
News S.B. Dance Theater's New Works for Winter Jan 11 flashy trashians ... 1
News Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... (Jun '14) Jan 7 daaang 105

Santa Ynez Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Ynez Mortgages