Lompoc woman charged in deadly crash

Lompoc woman charged in deadly crash

There are 4 comments on the Lompoc Record story from Dec 17, 2008, titled Lompoc woman charged in deadly crash. In it, Lompoc Record reports that:

A Lompoc woman is set to be formally charged Thursday in Santa Barbara County Superior Court with four felony counts in connection with the Thanksgiving Day collision on Highway 246 that killed two women.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lompoc Record.

Lompoc, CA

#1 Dec 17, 2008
It seems very strange that when Santa Barbara County DA's criminal investigator Laura Cleaves was killed by Ashley Johnigan, a drunk driver, back in May, she got charged with murder. Now 2 women are killed by yet another drunk driver, Angelica Arias, she is charged with driving under the influence and gross vehicular manslaughter. DRUNK is DRUNK and DEAD is DEAD at the hands of people that really don't give a rats ass what the consequences are when they're out drinking/partying. Guess it all comes down to WHO YOU ARE!!! That sucks for the families left behind.

Auburn, AL

#2 Dec 17, 2008
I.agree.with.Mongo..It.All.com es.down.to.who.u.are.IN.GOD'S. EYE.THE.Criminal.Investigator. is.no.better.than.this.person

Bettendorf, IA

#3 Dec 18, 2008
I think the difference in the Cleaves case was that the drunk driver was running from the CHP when the accident occurred.

Of course being idiotic enough to drink and drive, especially if you're drunk enough to cause a fatal accident deserves harsh punishment. But to make the reckless and selfish decision to run from the police to avoid punishment, veering into an oncoming lane of traffic to do so...that's a whole new realm of criminal behavior.

Goleta, CA

#4 Dec 18, 2008
who would allow a young person to leave with that kind of blood level and drive. she had to exibit sings of intoxiication and it should have been obvious that she was in no condition to drive. was she in a company party for the thanksgiving vacation. does anybody know what the circumstances were or are please gives us some more info. if it was a company party are they resposible in some way or libleale i know she has to face her decsions but was she drinking at a company party? please lets me know

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Ynez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ohio Mar 17 william 1
News Santa Maria City Council Creates Priority Lists... Mar 6 Share 5
News Chumash Tribe's Gift Jump Starts Campaign to Re... Mar 5 Zandra 1
Taste of Solvang Feb 19 howefortunate 1
World of Pinot Noir - Santa Barbara Wine Tastin... Feb 19 howefortunate 1
Burn Feb 19 tellinitlikeitis 4
Homeless in pathfinder Feb '18 tellinitlikeitis 2

Santa Ynez Jobs

Personal Finance

Santa Ynez Mortgages