Will God destroy California with an earthquake if Prop 8 is struck down?

There are 15 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jan 9, 2011, titled Will God destroy California with an earthquake if Prop 8 is struck down?. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Do you like this story? WillA God be angry with California if it legalizes gay marriage? Angry enough to destroy the entire state with a massive earthquake? Apparently there are signs and portents everywhere that indicate this is so... at least according to a number of pro-Proposition 8 evangelical ministers and their followers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

robobloggerisali ar

Santa Maria, CA

#1 Jan 10, 2011
Roboblogger is lying in this topic.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#2 Jan 10, 2011
It's amazing the paranoid reality-free crap some religious nuts come up with.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Jan 10, 2011
What a bunch of idiots!
THEY're the dumba$s goobers that came up with the "8" in the first place
Now they're spooked by their own number?

AOL

#4 Jan 10, 2011
and stupid.
just candid

AOL

#5 Jan 10, 2011
Read a neat book a few years ago. It's name or close to it was, Great late state of California.
just candid

AOL

#6 Jan 10, 2011
wilderide wrote:
It's amazing the paranoid reality-free crap some religious nuts come up with.
It's all for the money, and a good laugh. Lots of suckers and suckies out there. lol
Rose

North Hollywood, CA

#7 Jan 10, 2011
No, this god does not exist.
Earthquakes are caused by slippages along fault lines, not gods.
Now that we know this fact, there is no excuse to believe that Bronze Age superstition.
hoodathunkit

Lima, OH

#8 Jan 10, 2011
Oh, ye of little faith. The magic 8-ball has appeared off the coast of Pt.Conception. Surely as Massachusetts has sunk beneath the waves of the Atlantic for permitting samesex marriage so shall California sink beneath the waves of the Pacific.
BTW, I dreamt that an elephant took a dump in the backseat of Palin's car. Does she have to drive to Africa for this to happen or will the elephant find her?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#9 Jan 11, 2011
just candid wrote:
<quoted text> It's all for the money, and a good laugh. Lots of suckers and suckies out there. lol
This story is fake??? I spent all that money building a bunker for nothing?

“You'll love me!”

Since: Sep 10

I promise.

#10 Jan 11, 2011
This is almost as dumb as their other prediction. Still waiting for God to nuke the United States since we repealed DADT and everything...

Why are Christians so STUPID?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#11 Jan 11, 2011
Coy91 wrote:
This is almost as dumb as their other prediction. Still waiting for God to nuke the United States since we repealed DADT and everything...
Why are Christians so STUPID?
Not all Christians are stupid, far from it actually, blanket statements like that do more harm than good. But SOME "Christians" clearly are pretty f*cking stupid:
http://bilgrimage.blogspot.com/2011/01/cindy-...

“You'll love me!”

Since: Sep 10

I promise.

#13 Jan 11, 2011
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Not all Christians are stupid, far from it actually, blanket statements like that do more harm than good. But SOME "Christians" clearly are pretty f*cking stupid:
http://bilgrimage.blogspot.com/2011/01/cindy-...
Of course. Thank you for the correction. Some "Christians" are stupid.

“Choose wisely!”

Since: Jul 07

Los Angeles

#14 Jan 11, 2011
So the premise is that G-d will punish an entire State because of equality of marriage for gays, and do so by earthquake.

Explain Haiti's earthquake.

Explain Indonesia's Banda Acai earthquake and tsunami.

Explain the 4.2 quake in Indiana.

Explain the New Madrid, Missouri earthquakeS (pluaral) in the 1870's.

Explain the Kobe, Japan earthquake.

Explain the Sezchuan, China earthquake.

Were any of these quakes related to homosexual rights?

Seriously, the theology that even remotely comes close to the destruction of property and the injury and MURDER of people for treating each other according to the Golden Rule, G-d's Golden Rule, is horrific and evil.

Eric
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#15 Jan 11, 2011
hoodathunkit wrote:
Oh, ye of little faith. The magic 8-ball has appeared off the coast of Pt.Conception. Surely as Massachusetts has sunk beneath the waves of the Atlantic for permitting samesex marriage so shall California sink beneath the waves of the Pacific.
BTW, I dreamt that an elephant took a dump in the backseat of Palin's car. Does she have to drive to Africa for this to happen or will the elephant find her?
She's hiding the elephant under her bed

“Down To Earth”

Since: Apr 07

Indianapolis

#16 Jan 11, 2011
Considering the entire surface of the Earth has been shaped and re-shaped by earthquakes, volcanism, winds, floods, and sediment over the last 4 billion years, I think it's reasonable to assume the California and every other land mass on the face of the planet will be 'destroyed' at some point. Of course, it's never really destroyed, it just moves, rises, falls, etc., depending on water levels and tectonic activity.

So, yeah, California will be (is being) destroyed, but it will happen over geological periods on the order of tens-of-millions of years. So will every other point on the planet.

In the short-term, I think it's safer to say that the 'Bible Belt' will be destroyed by tornadoes... repeatedly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Ynez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oil spills along California coast 6 hr Your Ex 23
News Oil pipeline spills about 21K gallons off Calif... 9 hr SirPrize 2
Congraulations On Your Oil Spill Wed Justice 1
News Michael Jackson's Neverland Is About To Be Sold (Jul '14) May 15 Octopus 618
Furious 7 Avengers Hit the Streets Near UC Sant... May 12 Culture Auditor 1
News Elliott Rodger Was Enraged at "Ugly Black Filth... (Jun '14) May 11 goin 28
News 'Thriller' Dance Raises Money for Rwanda (Oct '13) May 7 Sethunya Ekundayo 36
More from around the web

Santa Ynez People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]