Sound Off! (Jan 13)

There are 89 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jan 13, 2011, titled Sound Off! (Jan 13). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

"Spaceport future ... uncertain", boy talk about a shocker, is there anyone who has ever though otherwise? I suspect that the schizophrenic lunatic shooter in Tucson will have more in common with Travis Bickle than with any Tea Party member.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
OrvilleWyatt

Santa Fe, NM

#1 Jan 13, 2011
Caller:
"The Las Cruces Convention Center has scheduled a three-day gun show in February. I am incensed that our Convention Center is being used to promote gun ownership."

Hey gun nuts: I need reloading dyes for a 7mm Mag and chokes that will fit a relatively new European model Berretta 12ga. Bring 'em and they will sell.

Always looking for a Valmet shotgun / rifle combo set of over and under barrels. 20ga and 6mm preferred, but I'll look at anything.

Caller:
"For the new governor and legislators, how about looking at the creation of a new reservoir in the southwest part of the state?"

Or just revoke the crooked treaty (pact, agreement, whatever) that gives Texas all of our water. Imagine a Mesilla Valley with higher ag yields and El Paso / Jaurez drying up and blowing away.

Caller:
"The rich got their tax cuts at the expense of valuable programs like the National Guard counter drug program and countless others valuable to this country."

Really? The trillion dollar waste that is the war on drugs is a better use of those funds than whatever the rich choose to buy / invest in?

Really?

Classist bigot. You don't own the rich.

Caller:
"It is laughable that Congress left out the slavery part of Constitution in its reading. This is insult to American history and to black people"

The 16th amendment repealed the anti-slavery parts. It is an insult to all of us.
leonardo

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jan 13, 2011
The Las Cruces Convention Center has scheduled a three-day gun show in February. I am incensed that our Convention Center is being used to promote gun ownership. 666666666

get a grip owning a weapon is not illegal , if you don't like it here with the weapon laws move to Mexico ,England,Canada or Australia you will not be missed.....

Since: May 08

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Jan 13, 2011
Sound Off:" I guess we've just seen an example of what Sharron Angle called "Second Amendment remedies."

Your comment is an example of the "hate speech" that is flowing profusely from the far-left and far-right wing nuts. Both sides can be blamed for the "hate speech", and both are morally repugnant to the large majority of American people.

Sound Off: "I suspect that the schizophrenic lunatic shooter in Tucson will have more in common with Travis Bickle than with any Tea Party member. Those politicos and talking heads who attempt to spin this atrocity to forward their own agendas should be ashamed of themselves."

I agree. Both sides of the political fence need to take a good long look at what their pundits espouse to the media/public. It does no good for anyone and further divides the American populace.
Among You Soon

United States

#5 Jan 13, 2011
LCSN says..........

The Las Cruces Convention Center has scheduled a three-day gun show in February. I am incensed that our Convention Center is being used to promote gun ownership.

And I for one love it. Gun ownership is what keeps these Government Types in check.....the Founding Fathers, having just thrown-off the economic slavery oppressive folks in Europe knew that unless the people protected themselves from BIG Government, history would repeat itself here....and they were right.....just look at those Clowns in DC! Bring on the Guns!!
Among You Soon

United States

#6 Jan 13, 2011
LCSN says..........

To the person who stated in the Friday SoundOff that they attended Gov. Susana Martinez' dinner and was saddened to see almost no elected state or local politicians in attendance, well, it was by invitation only, and just maybe she didn't invite any of these officials because they are Democrats!

EXACTLY!!

NM has WAY too many Dems.......and the way I hear it, Gov Martinez doesn't like two-faced politican, like the chump she replaced. Of course, he had his $6 Million Custom Jet, at Taxpayers expense and several Chefs, at Taxpayers expense and dozens of "assistants", at Taxpayers expense and so on, and so on.......

Since Gov Matrinex is cutting the size, cost and complexity of BIG Government in NM, these slimy Ds would be out of place anyway!!

You go Gov Matrinez!!
native New Mexican

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Jan 13, 2011
'end of life counseling' isn't requiring someone to choose death sooner instead of later. It's letting them know what decisions will be necessary in their final days. Someone will decide how long to keep them on life support and how many times to restart their heart.
My Mom's last two weeks of 'life' cost a little over $1 million dollars.(I didn't pay for it, she had 'Blue Cross' insurance and MediCare.) The doctors counseled us to keep her 'alive'; later I saw their billing for that time frame. No wonder they wanted her in their hospital longer!

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jan 13, 2011
etc etc etc wrote:
Quote: The Las Cruces Convention Center has scheduled a three-day gun show in February. I am incensed that our Convention Center is being used to promote gun ownership.
What is it about our Constitution this person fails to understand, are they so far left that life in reality for them is totally out of sight.
I wonder what their thought would be on free speech.
Just as there are restrictions on free speech, there is not a damn thing in the constitution that prohibits regulation of firearms.

Anyone who claims no restrictions are saying it is perfectly okay to sell to 100% certifiable violent paranoid schizophrenics or 8 years old.

Nor is there a damn thing in the constitution that requires any governmental entity to make sales space available to anyone, unless the restriction is based on race,sex, or religion,(According to Fat Tony Scalilia women are not included.)

Sure liked Bill Marher's comment on Leno: NRA is the Lobby for Assassins: Watch the video here: http://rackjite.com/archives/6291-Bill-Maher-...

Unfortunately congress is more afraid of the NRA than al Qaeda.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sad Sack

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jan 13, 2011
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as there are restrictions on free speech, there is not a damn thing in the constitution that prohibits regulation of firearms.
Anyone who claims no restrictions are saying it is perfectly okay to sell to 100% certifiable violent paranoid schizophrenics or 8 years old.
Nor is there a damn thing in the constitution that requires any governmental entity to make sales space available to anyone, unless the restriction is based on race,sex, or religion,(According to Fat Tony Scalilia women are not included.)
Sure liked Bill Marher's comment on Leno: NRA is the Lobby for Assassins: Watch the video here: http://rackjite.com/archives/6291-Bill-Maher-...
The king of SPAM does it again with his off topic, can't spell, &^%^& drivel
Wecc

Las Cruces, NM

#10 Jan 13, 2011
"I guess we've just seen an example of what Sharron Angle called "Second Amendment remedies."

"The Las Cruces Convention Center has scheduled a three-day gun show in February. I am incensed that our Convention Center is being used to promote gun ownership. "

I'm incensed that you two are complete i.d.i.o.t.s
Right Of Center

Las Cruces, NM

#11 Jan 13, 2011
Caller: I'm wondering if any of my fellow Las Cruces Baby Boomers are a little uneasy about the taxpayer-funded end-of-life counseling proposed under Obamacare. Seems like another step toward health care rationing to me.

Get educated. End of life counseling has nothing to do with rationing. It's decisions as to how a terminal patient wants treatment carried out. Do you wish to live your final days in a hospice, hospital or at home under hospice care? Would you prefer ongoing treatment or palliative treatment? Do you wish to be an organ donor if viable? Do you prefer a DNR order?

It's about [patient choice and a dignified death once diagnosed as terminal and reaching the end.
Wecc

Las Cruces, NM

#12 Jan 13, 2011
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you like Bill Marhers comments, stupids like you and him flock together. The rest of your comments do show you haven't a clue about anything.
OrvilleWyatt

Santa Fe, NM

#13 Jan 13, 2011
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm more afraid of NASCAR fans than a bunch of barefoot goatherders and spoiled oil-trust-fund brats, too. But I'm not worried - republicans by in large can't shoot straight; math works better for adjusting rifle sites than faith-healing.

And yes, there IS something in the constitution that prohibits that regulation, you nit.

The powers not specifically given to the feds are left to the states and the people. Nowhere is the power to execute that regulation granted to the feds, ergo, they do not have the authority.
Among You Soon

United States

#15 Jan 13, 2011
OK, OK, now that the Comrade has had his say, let's really get down to business here.

Yes, what transpired in AZ was a tragedy and just like OKC, 911, attempt on Reagan, JFK, RFK, MLK, etc., etc., all this proves is that people are people.....the world is full of crazies and it could happen anywhere at any time....

So now the Clowns in DC want to create a new bunch of laws to protect the Government......NOT. This is so typical of these Clowns. Our Foundng Fathers knew full well that Governments can become evil, despite the best of intensions, just look at whenst they came. That is exactly why they took steps to ensure that People could protect thselves from an overreaching and overly corrective Government.

We have laws forbidding Murder, Rape, Robbery, hate crimes, you name it. We have more laws than perhaps there are stars in the Cosmos. Why on earth do we need more? Have all these laws stopped anyone from murdering his/her neighbor...NO!

What this latest tradgedy really tells us is that People need some foundation and direction in life and I don't mean what the Comrade has in mind, or what all those stupid TV shows try to sell. We need a smaller, less costly and more effective Government. One that is focused on us, the Taxpayers, not on them and their Private Jets, Private Chefs, Five Star Hotels, Fat Pensioins, Mansions, etc., etc.

Government needs to return to the people and let people do for themselves, with Government setting the rules, so folks have an even chance, that's all. I think Gov Martinez of NM is a good example of what we need now!

People must understand that to get the big car, the big house, nice clothes, great food, excellent healthcare they MUST work and work HARD! It's not a handout from the Government in exchange for your vote to keep these Clowns in office. It's not what the Comrade and his Communist handlers have in mind!

What transpired in AZ is and was a tragedy. But let's get back to what really needs to be done. Gov Martinez is the example!
OrvilleWyatt

Santa Fe, NM

#16 Jan 13, 2011
Among You Soon wrote:
OK, OK, now that the Comrade has had his say, let's really get down to business here.
Yes, what transpired in AZ was a tragedy and just like OKC, 911, attempt on Reagan, JFK, RFK, MLK, etc., etc., all this proves is that people are people.....the world is full of crazies and it could happen anywhere at any time....
So now the Clowns in DC want to create a new bunch of laws to protect the Government......NOT. This is so typical of these Clowns. Our Foundng Fathers knew full well that Governments can become evil, despite the best of intensions, just look at whenst they came. That is exactly why they took steps to ensure that People could protect thselves from an overreaching and overly corrective Government.
We have laws forbidding Murder, Rape, Robbery, hate crimes, you name it. We have more laws than perhaps there are stars in the Cosmos. Why on earth do we need more? Have all these laws stopped anyone from murdering his/her neighbor...NO!
What this latest tradgedy really tells us is that People need some foundation and direction in life and I don't mean what the Comrade has in mind, or what all those stupid TV shows try to sell. We need a smaller, less costly and more effective Government. One that is focused on us, the Taxpayers, not on them and their Private Jets, Private Chefs, Five Star Hotels, Fat Pensioins, Mansions, etc., etc.
Government needs to return to the people and let people do for themselves, with Government setting the rules, so folks have an even chance, that's all. I think Gov Martinez of NM is a good example of what we need now!
People must understand that to get the big car, the big house, nice clothes, great food, excellent healthcare they MUST work and work HARD! It's not a handout from the Government in exchange for your vote to keep these Clowns in office. It's not what the Comrade and his Communist handlers have in mind!
What transpired in AZ is and was a tragedy. But let's get back to what really needs to be done. Gov Martinez is the example!
A lot of talk from a party-line hack whose stupid team has expanded government just as much as the other, passed and defends the Patriot Act (second most anti-liberty legislation in our history), perpetuates a prohibition policy that screws our neighbors and millions of hardworking Americans, supports heavily subsidizing the least health crops, and is beholden to a millitary industrial complex dependent upon poor foreign policy which creates just about all of the terroists that there are in the world.

Sounds like a lot of big government and corrupt redistribution to me!

C'mon sheep - give me the standard Beck / O'Reilly talking point about how you're a 'conservative' not a republican.

Or accusing me of being a D ...

Those are your only weapons, right? I know it's hard to piece together a cohesive arguement with a creationist education and a 400 word vocabulary ... so just call me a D and you'll get some more endorphins and feel REAL smart and saavy.
incredulous

Las Cruces, NM

#17 Jan 13, 2011
tiredofpolitics wrote:
Sound Off:" I guess we've just seen an example of what Sharron Angle called "Second Amendment remedies."
Your comment is an example of the "hate speech" that is flowing profusely from the far-left and far-right wing nuts. Both sides can be blamed for the "hate speech", and both are morally repugnant to the large majority of American people.
Sound Off: "I suspect that the schizophrenic lunatic shooter in Tucson will have more in common with Travis Bickle than with any Tea Party member. Those politicos and talking heads who attempt to spin this atrocity to forward their own agendas should be ashamed of themselves.

I agree. Both sides of the political fence need to take a good long look at what their pundits espouse to the media/public. It does no good for anyone and further divides the American populace.
Absolutly right the Republican Senate Candidate from Nevada is just as far out there as some nutjob caller from Las Cruces. Though I think the point might be that we just witnessed an actual example of common teaparty retoric in action, and found it disturbing.
GIGI

Aurora, CO

#18 Jan 13, 2011
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?? It's ok to sell a firearm to 100% certifiable violent paranoid schizo's or 8 year olds? Where did you go to fill out the required LEGAL documentation? It is a shame (but not a suprize) that all the RESPONSIBLE firearms enthusiasts have to put up with all the BS from you nuts!!
Among You Soon

United States

#19 Jan 13, 2011
OrvilleWyatt wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of talk from a party-line hack whose stupid team has expanded government just as much as the other, passed and defends the Patriot Act (second most anti-liberty legislation in our history), perpetuates a prohibition policy that screws our neighbors and millions of hardworking Americans, supports heavily subsidizing the least health crops, and is beholden to a millitary industrial complex dependent upon poor foreign policy which creates just about all of the terroists that there are in the world.
Sounds like a lot of big government and corrupt redistribution to me!
C'mon sheep - give me the standard Beck / O'Reilly talking point about how you're a 'conservative' not a republican.
Or accusing me of being a D ...
Those are your only weapons, right? I know it's hard to piece together a cohesive arguement with a creationist education and a 400 word vocabulary ... so just call me a D and you'll get some more endorphins and feel REAL smart and saavy.
Thanks for making my point, you Cry Baby! BTW, how are you and Roy Boy gettng along with Billy? Do you get equal time?
late

Las Cruces, NM

#20 Jan 13, 2011
For the new governor and legislators, how about looking at the creation of a new reservoir in the southwest part of the state? It would save on much-needed water, helping farmers and ranchers. It would create jobs for construction, plus new businesses.

They already exist, Elephant Butte and Caballo Reservoirs. If you plan on going further SW then you might go out toward Deming/Lordsburg and look for some water... If you find any, above ground, let us know.
Spell It Out for Me

Las Cruces, NM

#21 Jan 13, 2011
GIGI wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?? It's ok to sell a firearm to 100% certifiable violent paranoid schizo's or 8 year olds? Where did you go to fill out the required LEGAL documentation? It is a shame (but not a suprize) that all the RESPONSIBLE firearms enthusiasts have to put up with all the BS from you nuts!!
Er...GIGI, I believe the commenter was saying that there SHOULD be certain restrictions on guns and that those who felt (due to the 2nd amendment) that gun ownership cannot be restricted are in effect saying that it is OK to sell a firearm to 100% certifiable violent paranoid schizo's or 8 year olds. In other words, the commenter was saying it is NOT OK to sell guns to "schizos" and 8 year olds and those sort of restrictions are necessary.

From your comment, I take it you agree and so do I. And, I am a gun owner, CCW permit holder and concealed carrier.
For Crying Out Loud

Las Cruces, NM

#22 Jan 13, 2011
tiredofpolitics wrote:
Sound Off: "I suspect that the schizophrenic lunatic shooter in Tucson will have more in common with Travis Bickle than with any Tea Party member. Those politicos and talking heads who attempt to spin this atrocity to forward their own agendas should be ashamed of themselves."
This is a more balanced and neutrally toned comment than your comment about Obama's speech. This one I can agree with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Teresa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andrew perea Jul '15 needanswers 1
Group plans vigil against border brutality Jun '15 Joe 1
News Las Cruces gambler indicted for alleged cheating May '15 Drunken Davin 2
News Sunland Park mayor-elect, acting police chief b... (Mar '12) May '15 Drunken Davin 3
News LCPD detective charged with sexually assaulting... (Sep '13) Nov '14 tnks2you 7
News Pros, cons voiced over possible Santa Teresa Co... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Joe Sancho 2
News Santa Teresa student receives Gates Millenium S... (May '14) May '14 JDC 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Teresa Mortgages