Senate votes to forgive Union Pacific tax bill

SANTA FE Union Pacific will not pay locomotive fuel taxes in New Mexico if it opens a $418 million rail center in Santa Teresa. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dave

La Luz, NM

#1 Mar 19, 2011
So - the government is broke and must cut down on such socialist institutions as schools BUT there's still enough money in the old budget to give a giant corportion a tax break. Do you still think you have a say in how government operates ? It operates the way its corporate masters tell it to run.
observer of Albuquerque

United States

#2 Mar 19, 2011
I wonder if Union Pacific is owned by Americans or Foreign Nationals? When the Republicans leave Office they will enact more Taxes on the Individuals through more Tax Breaks for Corporations. "Of the People, for the People". Most of these Office holders then go into business for those Corporations and receive Bonuses. Corporate Donors can out-donate any Person's Dollars. Free speech bought and paid for.
FYI

Springdale, AR

#3 Mar 19, 2011
"Beware the Military Industrial Complex" someone once said. No body listened. Now you see the outcome.

“Not vengeance, punishment.”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#4 Mar 19, 2011
Yep...let's drive ALL the businesses and jobs they create OUT of New Mexico by taxing the hell out of them. Then we can give that tax money to the wonderful school teachers who pass illiterates and the the slugs on welfare that only know how to make illigitimate kids that we have to support. Wonderful idea!!!!
Inandoutofexiste nce

Mexicali, Mexico

#5 Mar 19, 2011
Dave wrote:
So - the government is broke and must cut down on such socialist institutions as schools BUT there's still enough money in the old budget to give a giant corportion a tax break. Do you still think you have a say in how government operates ? It operates the way its corporate masters tell it to run.
Be careful in your terminology, "socialist". I think what you may mean is "corporatist", which subsumes some aspects of socialism. In Socialism is ownership of the means of production by the people. Corporatism means the private ownership of the means of production but government (not necessarily by the people) control. Here, you will have a privately owned government regulated corporation that obviously is benefiting via money being taken from the taxpayer. For an in-depth description of corporatism see no one other than Mussolini: The Doctrine of Fascism (available on the web) and Pitigliani's "The Italisn Corporatist State". For a historical perspective, FDR was a corporatist and followed Mussolini closely; indeed his kitchen cabinet consisted of many corporatists right out of Harvard Business School, ardent followers of the Italian model. Mussolini, himself wrote that "we must follow the American experiment closely." Also, Wikipedia has a fairly well researched article on Fascism. If you look at what is happening in the US, you will find that it is the corporatist structure that dominates, starting with the very structure of political units, themselves having corporate charters. For comparison, read articles on socialism (again, Wikipedia being a decent orientation), of which there are many varieties.
SonsOfLiberty

Springdale, AR

#6 Mar 19, 2011
International law only applies to corporations...hence everything has a corporate persona.
observer of Albuquerque

United States

#7 Mar 19, 2011
Deputy276 wrote:
Yep...let's drive ALL the businesses and jobs they create OUT of New Mexico by taxing the hell out of them. Then we can give that tax money to the wonderful school teachers who pass illiterates and the the slugs on welfare that only know how to make illigitimate kids that we have to support. Wonderful idea!!!!
The fact that it would be Texans working in New Mexico and not New Mexicans and it would cost the State $8 Million dollars in loss of fuel charges, which every Corporation will now demand to stay in New Mexico it's a loss for New Mexico. Transient lawmakers are never held responsibile for the damage they do in Office
Zig_Zag

Las Cruces, NM

#8 Mar 19, 2011
Higher taxes for citizens.

Jobs for migrant criminals.

“Not vengeance, punishment.”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#9 Mar 20, 2011
observer of Albuquerque wrote:
<quoted text> The fact that it would be Texans working in New Mexico and not New Mexicans and it would cost the State $8 Million dollars in loss of fuel charges, which every Corporation will now demand to stay in New Mexico it's a loss for New Mexico. Transient lawmakers are never held responsibile for the damage they do in Office
How do you KNOW it would be Texans working here? That is not established fact.
And if we have to give tax brakes to corporatiosn to keep them here, SO WHAT. That also means JOBS will stay here. Tax them to death and they will LEAVE for places with lower taxes. THat has been going on in this country for years.
And just WHERE do you plan on spending the taxes collected from UP?
there

Santa Fe, NM

#10 Mar 20, 2011
Deputy276 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you KNOW it would be Texans working here? That is not established fact.

are a lot more of Texan worker within commuting distance - probably a higher percentage of workers with the required skill sets.

And where do these incentives end - When there is no revenue to pay for anything?

And if you know anything about railyards they are quite dirty. will they be around for the inevitible abandonment and cleanup?
observer of Albuquerque

Phoenix, AZ

#11 Mar 20, 2011
Deputy276 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you KNOW it would be Texans working here? That is not established fact.
And if we have to give tax brakes to corporatiosn to keep them here, SO WHAT. That also means JOBS will stay here. Tax them to death and they will LEAVE for places with lower taxes. THat has been going on in this country for years.
And just WHERE do you plan on spending the taxes collected from UP?
Texans will commute to the new railyard, wouldn't you if you had a family to care for? It was mentioned in the article. You and your Corporate Masters will make up any excuse to put the Tax burden on the Individual. Since UP is threatening to close it's operation in Texas it means it is playing New Mexico into 'blackmail' contracts. Do you honestly believe you should trust UP to act in New Mexico's best interest? Gasoline is going up and the Tax on it also, we pay the Tax out of take home pay and Corporations write it off as business expenses. Giving future revenue to a Corporation from out of State will not help New Mexico get out of it's financial predicament.

“Not vengeance, punishment.”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#13 Mar 20, 2011
observer of Albuquerque wrote:
<quoted text> Texans will commute to the new railyard, wouldn't you if you had a family to care for? It was mentioned in the article. You and your Corporate Masters will make up any excuse to put the Tax burden on the Individual. Since UP is threatening to close it's operation in Texas it means it is playing New Mexico into 'blackmail' contracts. Do you honestly believe you should trust UP to act in New Mexico's best interest? Gasoline is going up and the Tax on it also, we pay the Tax out of take home pay and Corporations write it off as business expenses. Giving future revenue to a Corporation from out of State will not help New Mexico get out of it's financial predicament.
WHAT tax burden on individuals???? New Mxico has a very low tax burden for individuals. I guess you would like to see ALL industry leave the state so we can have nice clean air and no "dirty industries". Only problem with that is PEOPLE WILL STARVE because there will be no jobs. Industries = JOBS. I don't give a crap if it's jobs for Texans or Jobs for New Mexicans or jobs for Californians. better to have people WORKING than on public aid and doing NOTHING.

And the taxes on gasoline are STATE and FEDERAL taxes. If you don't like them then complain to those Democrats in Santa Fe that refuse to remove them.

Do YOU honeslty believe that we should TRUST THE GOVERNMENT? I sure don't. They are the ones that got us unto deep debt, not corporations.
observer of Albuquerque

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Mar 20, 2011
Deputy276 wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT tax burden on individuals???? New Mxico has a very low tax burden for individuals. I guess you would like to see ALL industry leave the state so we can have nice clean air and no "dirty industries". Only problem with that is PEOPLE WILL STARVE because there will be no jobs. Industries = JOBS. I don't give a crap if it's jobs for Texans or Jobs for New Mexicans or jobs for Californians. better to have people WORKING than on public aid and doing NOTHING.
And the taxes on gasoline are STATE and FEDERAL taxes. If you don't like them then complain to those Democrats in Santa Fe that refuse to remove them.
Do YOU honeslty believe that we should TRUST THE GOVERNMENT? I sure don't. They are the ones that got us unto deep debt, not corporations.
So all the Taxes individuals pay are not a burden on households? You are such a dramatic person and contradict your own arguments so now you state New Mexicans don't have skills and jobs for New Mexicans aren't needed and should go to Texans or Californians. Deep debt by Corporations and Bush's Toxic Asset Bailout ARE what got us in this deep debt.
ABQlib

Rio Rancho, NM

#15 Mar 20, 2011
Susie is working hard for her constituents back in Texas. What a dimbulb.
Yusa Kalottacox

Missoula, MT

#17 Mar 21, 2011
Deputy276 wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT tax burden on individuals???? New Mxico has a very low tax burden for individuals. I guess you would like to see ALL industry leave the state so we can have nice clean air and no "dirty industries". Only problem with that is PEOPLE WILL STARVE because there will be no jobs. Industries = JOBS. I don't give a crap if it's jobs for Texans or Jobs for New Mexicans or jobs for Californians. better to have people WORKING than on public aid and doing NOTHING.
And the taxes on gasoline are STATE and FEDERAL taxes. If you don't like them then complain to those Democrats in Santa Fe that refuse to remove them.
Do YOU honeslty believe that we should TRUST THE GOVERNMENT? I sure don't. They are the ones that got us unto deep debt, not corporations.
Sales taxes and personal income tax are light? Compared to services delivered? What time do the nice folks stop by and feed you every day?
Yusa Kalottacox

Missoula, MT

#18 Mar 21, 2011
Deputy276 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you KNOW it would be Texans working here? That is not established fact.
And if we have to give tax brakes to corporatiosn to keep them here, SO WHAT. That also means JOBS will stay here. Tax them to death and they will LEAVE for places with lower taxes. THat has been going on in this country for years.
And just WHERE do you plan on spending the taxes collected from UP?
What a dipshit. Let's ee now, they can live in El Paso and not pay a dime in state income tax. Or they could move to Sunland Park or Santa Teresa and get squat for it plus add personal income tax. Geez I wonder where those dumbasses will go live AND spend their money. You have no idea what you are talking about - ever. Particularly now. Go over and look you stupid piece of s h i t.
UpTheHill

Farmington, NM

#19 Mar 21, 2011
Looks like some people are so accustomed to being told what to think by Rush and others that they lose site that anyone who works in New Mexico, regardless of where they live, for a month or more pays NM state income tax. Work the math, UP buys fuel in NM instead of in Texas because of the no tax competitiveness with Texas. We employ workers to pump the fuel, tax the trucks for carrying the fuel, employ hundreds of workers at the new depot who will pay both state income tax and GRT, and finally, all the start up businesses on the peripheral because of this giant step....my math tells me we now have jobs and more taxes coming in. Go figure....and to top it off, this was not Suzanna's idea, or did the oil companies tell her this was ok?
WTF

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Mar 21, 2011
Little Susie is on the take. Has been for years.

“Not vengeance, punishment.”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#21 Mar 22, 2011
observer of Albuquerque wrote:
<quoted text> Texans will commute to the new railyard, wouldn't you if you had a family to care for? It was mentioned in the article. You and your Corporate Masters will make up any excuse to put the Tax burden on the Individual. Since UP is threatening to close it's operation in Texas it means it is playing New Mexico into 'blackmail' contracts. Do you honestly believe you should trust UP to act in New Mexico's best interest? Gasoline is going up and the Tax on it also, we pay the Tax out of take home pay and Corporations write it off as business expenses. Giving future revenue to a Corporation from out of State will not help New Mexico get out of it's financial predicament.
No YOU stated that New Mexicans wouldn't be working at UP. Not me.
Somyou got that "hate Texas" envy thing going full force huh?
Also got theat liberal corporate hatred goign full force. No corporations = NO JOBS. Unless you prefer to pick pecans out in the fields. I trust UP more than I trust New Mexicans politicians to spend tax money wisely. Gasoline is going to go up because Obama hates big oil and wants everyone to drive electric cars. He could drop the price very quickly by opening up oil drilling. But nooooooo....he's got to kiss up to the far left eco-loonies that elected him. So we pay big money for gas because of his "green" agenda. Not becasue corporations "write off" gas as an expense. Which they are perfectly legal in doing BTW.

“Not vengeance, punishment.”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#22 Mar 22, 2011
Yusa Kalottacox wrote:
<quoted text>
Sales taxes and personal income tax are light? Compared to services delivered? What time do the nice folks stop by and feed you every day?
Try living in the Obamastate of Illinois. Taxes here are peanuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Teresa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Silver City-Grant County TEA Party Patriots hos... (Apr '14) Jan '15 WherdaPhuckawee 2
LCPD detective charged with sexually assaulting... (Sep '13) Nov '14 tnks2you 7
Pros, cons voiced over possible Santa Teresa Co... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Joe Sancho 2
City of Sunland Park mulls four-day work week (Aug '14) Aug '14 JOE LYNCH 3
Homewreckers from adult web sites (May '14) May '14 Pods wife 1
Santa Teresa student receives Gates Millenium S... (May '14) May '14 JDC 1
Is cockfighting alive and well in New Mexico? (Apr '09) Mar '14 Jorge 24

Flood Warning for Dona Ana County was issued at March 05 at 3:46PM MST

Santa Teresa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Santa Teresa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:07 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:07PM
Pre-Free Agency Salary Cap Update for Broncos
Bleacher Report 9:16 PM
How Peyton, Pay Cut Can Help DEN Win Super Bowl
NBC Sports 1:59 AM
One more year should get Peyton the passing yardage record
NBC Sports 3:37 AM
Former Broncos tight end says NFL should lift marijuana ban
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Should the Denver Broncos Make a Run at DT Vince Wilfork?