Sunland Park voters say no to incumbents

Sunland Park voters say no to incumbents

There are 10 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Mar 4, 2010, titled Sunland Park voters say no to incumbents. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Sunland Park voters rejected incumbents in three races this week, according to results canvassed Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

JFK

El Paso, TX

#1 Mar 4, 2010
The dead people say NO to incumbents Rose Camarillo, Elizabeth Martinez, and Yvette Cortez.

The dead people say YES to Lizette Salinas, Rocio Rodriguez, Christian Lira.

Way to go dead people, you just ruined our peace and safety. There is no doubt in my mind that this world is coming to an end.
not an ese

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Mar 4, 2010
horale.....wow dude....your are sooooooooo positive thinking....te watcho
skz

El Paso, TX

#3 Mar 5, 2010
everything comes out in the wash from
drug money to dead people voting
can't wait to see those people in jail
abq

El Paso, TX

#4 Mar 5, 2010
Thats so strange statistically incumbents have a good chance of winning and not one incumbent won at the Sunland Park elections that just smells funny. Corruption starts up north of New Mexico but at least they hide it and ends at Sunland Park but down there its obvious. I would hate to live there.
not a cronie

Rio Rancho, NM

#5 Mar 6, 2010
Whats even worse is now the mayor wants to pass an ordinance stating that he personally has the power to hire and fire all municipal department directors without having to seek approval from any council members. He wants the power to hire anybody he wants for any position without posting to the public or even going thru an interview. Basically if he wants his grandma to be the police chief all he has to do is put her on the payroll. The city already has crappy services with the some what qualified pepole they have running the departments and with this can you imagine how much worse it will be when salinas and resendez start getting there primos and primas, uncles and aunts to run all these departments with no experience or degrees! Thats just like giving a car thief the master key to any vehicle..
SUPPORTER

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Aug 19, 2010
Haters. HAHA
thecarbandit

Fort Worth, TX

#7 Sep 20, 2010
you guys are haters lol
Tabatha

El Paso, TX

#8 Jan 31, 2013
I agree, does smell like drug money. Who would vote for Daniel Salinas' sister. Word around town is that she's been sleeping with Daniel Salinas' lawyer. So that's how they add able to afford an attorney? His disgusting and unethical is that? Is she being investigated?
Not supporting

El Paso, TX

#9 Jan 31, 2013
I have heard that she tries to call him for other reasons not relating to her brother but never of her sleeping with his attorney. That's interesting to know though. That guy has a family doesn't he? So I don't think he'd mess with her.
TTT

El Paso, TX

#10 Jan 31, 2013
I have to laugh at these posts because yes, the whole town seems to be run by everyone related to one another. As for Lizette Salinas, I hope she's being investigated because word is that she is buddy buddy with Josh Spencer, Daniel's attorney. He was hired for Daniel but she has taken his role as her brothers attorney to another level. That guy is just as shady as the whole town, it's no wonder they hired him. If he is sleeping with her, that's disgusting and so unprofessional. The guy does have children and seems smarter than to be sleeping her besides I don't think that she is his type AT ALL, but men are men and you never know now a days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Teresa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andrew perea Jul '15 needanswers 1
Group plans vigil against border brutality Jun '15 Joe 1
News Las Cruces gambler indicted for alleged cheating May '15 Drunken Davin 2
News Sunland Park mayor-elect, acting police chief b... (Mar '12) May '15 Drunken Davin 3
News LCPD detective charged with sexually assaulting... (Sep '13) Nov '14 tnks2you 7
News Pros, cons voiced over possible Santa Teresa Co... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Joe Sancho 2
News Santa Teresa student receives Gates Millenium S... (May '14) May '14 JDC 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Teresa Mortgages