Woman sentenced to prison in NM mail ...

Woman sentenced to prison in NM mail fraud case

There are 4 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Jan 24, 2011, titled Woman sentenced to prison in NM mail fraud case. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

A federal judge has sentenced a California woman to 37 months in prison and ordered her to pay $856,000 in restitution after she pleaded guilty to mail fraud and other charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

“NASCAR!”

Since: Sep 08

Tularosa, NM

#1 Jan 24, 2011
crime pays? there is an end....

“Pro-Constitution , Anti-Obama!”

Since: May 10

Capitan, NM

#2 Jan 24, 2011
A whole 37 months for stealing almost a million dollars. Now thats justice. LOL
land locked sailor

Alamogordo, NM

#3 Jan 24, 2011
Now i wonder if this federal judge is a democrat, and being a good california native this woman got a sweet deal, Wonder why??

But we all know that crime only pays for the criminals, and the victims are left out in the cold..
Again the story is so lacking in details, Did the reporter go to court and see the trial, What did the prosecutor ask for in his opening statement and during sentencing...

Now where are the federal charges for tax evasion?

How in the word will she ever pay this back?

“Pro-Constitution , Anti-Obama!”

Since: May 10

Capitan, NM

#4 Jan 24, 2011
land locked sailor wrote:
Now i wonder if this federal judge is a democrat, and being a good california native this woman got a sweet deal, Wonder why??
But we all know that crime only pays for the criminals, and the victims are left out in the cold..
Again the story is so lacking in details, Did the reporter go to court and see the trial, What did the prosecutor ask for in his opening statement and during sentencing...
Now where are the federal charges for tax evasion?
How in the word will she ever pay this back?
She wont, she will do about 18 months in prison, get out and go on with her life, the victims will be left high and dry!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Teresa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sunland city manager has bribery record (5:12 a... (Jan '10) Sep '17 2you 34
News On border fence, Trump aides tout 40 miles of u... (May '17) May '17 Zero Tolerance 1
News Trump voters thrilled with promised action on b... (Jan '17) Mar '17 RoxLo 639
News Pecan Brewery opening bottling facility in Lasa (Jun '16) Jun '16 Rio Damned 1
News LCPD detective charged with sexually assaulting... (Sep '13) Oct '15 Insertion 8
Governor's energy plan sets up New Mexico for n... (Sep '15) Sep '15 John Ford 1
News Pros, cons voiced over possible Santa Teresa Co... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Joe Sancho 2

Santa Teresa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Teresa Mortgages