State economists to announce $2 billi...

State economists to announce $2 billion budget deficit

There are 4 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 21, 2008, titled State economists to announce $2 billion budget deficit. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

It was a surreal setting for talks about taking a meat cleaver to Big Government.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Harry Coverston

Sanford, FL

#1 Nov 21, 2008
RE: But the take-away from the House retreat was a testament to GOP business as usual: Voters want lower taxes and less government.

GOP business as usual - more government, less taxes to support it, borrow to cover it. That's called social irresponsibility. It's much like a teenager with a credit card - I want it now, I'm entitled to it, but I certainly don't want to pay for it.

Would our state's designated adults please identify themselves now?
VIN

United States

#5 Nov 21, 2008
You are correct Harry. In addition I would say that thanks to out of touch property tax assements we are now in a depression in the state of Florida.
NO MERCY

Melbourne, FL

#6 Nov 21, 2008
"About 10 miles east of Destin, the 500-acre WaterColor resort is an alcove of picturesque cottages, hidden across the road from the sandy white beaches of Northwest Florida but just a short bike ride from a Starbucks."

It is obvious that the GOP good at cutting out the fat except when it comes to themselves. The Fat Cats live on.
REALITY CHECK

Parrish, FL

#8 Nov 21, 2008
I've read a couple of articles regarding this GOP meeting. Each one is totally obsessed with the notion that a group would use "private" funds to convene at nice resort. I mean, how ridiculous is that? How dare those evil republicans spend their own money the way they want to! And to make matters worse, by spending money, they might even contribute to an ailing economy. How selfish!

You journalists need to stop with these snide insinuations and start reporting news in its proper perspective.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Rosa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dale Franklin Gill AKA Kanoa Gill AKA Takedownman (Mar '17) 5 hr agent362 109
Beware...horrible contractor! Oct 13 Niceville Resident 1
News New townhomes coming to Okaloosa Island Oct 12 Island man 1
News Corps addresses Navarre Pass (Oct '08) Oct 12 MudBunee 14
Bored in Destin!! Oct 11 Need sme companyy 1
Why all the black people? (Apr '16) Oct 11 masister 62
Bar and grill Oct 10 Help 1

Santa Rosa Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance