Single mom needs ride to daughters ba...

Single mom needs ride to daughters basic training graduation.

Posted in the Santa Rosa Beach Forum

Since: Jun 11

Bonifay, Florida

#1 Apr 30, 2013
Any veterans group member wanna help me get a single mom to her daughters graduation?

Needs to get to and back from Great Lakes, Illinois.
Jen

Terre Haute, IN

#2 May 1, 2013
You'd probably be better off posting in the Great Lakes, IL forum. Your cheapest bet would be Amtrak, but I'm not sure if that's in your budget. Or look for a Navy parents forum.

Good luck to you and your daughter.
Jen

Terre Haute, IN

#3 May 1, 2013
I should have also said: If you can take the Amtrak to Chicago, you can then walk two blocks to Ogilve Train Station and catch the Metra to Great Lakes. It's around 45 mins to an hour from Ogilve to Great Lakes and I think costs around $5 or $6.

There is also a cheaper hotel on base for family members, but it always fills up quick especially near a graduation date.
i will help

Port Arthur, TX

#4 May 2, 2013
Jen wrote:
I should have also said: If you can take the Amtrak to Chicago, you can then walk two blocks to Ogilve Train Station and catch the Metra to Great Lakes. It's around 45 mins to an hour from Ogilve to Great Lakes and I think costs around $5 or $6.
There is also a cheaper hotel on base for family members, but it always fills up quick especially near a graduation date.
I would pay for a bus or train ticket for one way. If someone else will pay the other half..

Since: Jun 11

Bonifay, Florida

#5 Jun 9, 2013
Not sure if she made it to the graduation or not.
I wasn't the single mother in need of the ride,
Id just heard about the situation.

Very nice that you guys offered help and advise though.

Ill try to post an update later to see if she made it or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Rosa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Comments needed Sun Keep in it real 1
June Grass Already? Sat local 2
Pier park Wal-Mart May 18 Keep in it real 38
Water May 17 Neecywool 1
Panama Beach in first week of August. May 15 LocalStdboy 5
Panama City Beach Music Thread (May '15) May 11 Musikologist 3
Dale Franklin Gill AKA Kanoa Gill AKA Takedownman May 9 Robolox101 2

Santa Rosa Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance