Man Stabbed to Death in Freeport

Man Stabbed to Death in Freeport

There are 645 comments on the WMBB-TV Panama City story from Sep 16, 2006, titled Man Stabbed to Death in Freeport. In it, WMBB-TV Panama City reports that:

Walton County sheriff investigators say Terance J. Keefe of Shalimar was beaten, kicked and stomped outside Cash's Lounge in Freeport early Saturday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WMBB-TV Panama City.

First Prev
of 33
Next Last
jyd

Lady Lake, FL

#1 Sep 17, 2006
this clearly a case of self defense. the so called victim pursued the accused as they were getting into there truck and attack them all. keefe even threw a woman against the wall to get to the accused who were trying to leave. now the accused have been charged with an open count of murder. they were clearly defending thereselves.
none

Navarre, FL

#2 Sep 17, 2006
matt,terry and richard are not murders....
ALJ

Niceville, FL

#3 Sep 17, 2006
Richard would have never done anything like this ! JYD - where you there? If so how did this happen ? Richard is a very loving caring person. He is not capable of this ! Richard, you are in our thoughts and prayers ----- WE LOVE YOU !!!!
ALJ

Niceville, FL

#4 Sep 17, 2006
jyd wrote:
this clearly a case of self defense. the so called victim pursued the accused as they were getting into there truck and attack them all. keefe even threw a woman against the wall to get to the accused who were trying to leave. now the accused have been charged with an open count of murder. they were clearly defending thereselves.
Where you there?
none

Navarre, FL

#5 Sep 17, 2006
richard,matt,and terry are in our hearts and prayers i have always loved matt and i know in my heart he could not have done anything like this..like the other lady said this had to be SELF DEFENSE.....
ddd

Orlando, FL

#6 Sep 18, 2006
This definatley was not a case of self defense. They were all in Cashes earier in the evening starting trouble and were asked to leave. From there they went to the Star and got into a small alterction there where one of them tried to stab someones tire's and stabbed a man in the arm. They then went back to Cash's where they then started trouble in the bar because some one other than the victim giggled at them because they were stumbling drunk. They were then asked to leave. They returned shortly after when Richard then came to the door and said to TJ " Come outside big boy I have somthing for you" Even after they stabbed him and cut his throat they continued to attack him and the two people tring to give TJ cpr and controll the bleeding. So in short the slit his throat, stabbed him multiple times, countinued beating him after he was down, and attacked the people trying to save his life. Self defense? I think not....
Supporter of victim

United States

#7 Sep 18, 2006
How is that they are all still alive and the one the THREE of them were "defending" themselves against is DEAD!!!??? Three on one....I say that's pretty fair, don't you?????
ddd

Clermont, FL

#8 Sep 18, 2006
September 18, 2006
By Press release Walton County Sheriff's Office
----------

Terance Keefe, of Shalimar, Fla., was fatally stabbed after a dispute that begin inside of Cash’s Lounge, next door to Cash’s Liquors, U.S. Highway 331, in Freeport around 1:20 a.m., Sept. 16.
Richard D. Harrington, 29, 806 Woodlawn Drive, Terry W. Godwin, 45, and Matthew W. Godwin, 22, both of 2973 State 20 East, Freeport have been each charge with an open count of murder.
According to a spokesman for the Walton County Sheriff’s Office, Keefe was involved in a dispute inside the bar. All four exited the establishment and the argument became physical.
During the fight, Keefe, was fatally stabbed at some point in addition to being beaten, kicked and stomped as he bled on the ground.
After a preliminary investigation, the three Freeport men were taken into custody on scene. They are currently being held at the Walton County Correctional Facility, awaiting first appearance with a judge.
Evidence collected by the Walton County Sheriff's Office Crime Scene Unit has been transported to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Crime Lab for testing and confirmation.
An autopsy is expected to be performed today in Fort Walton Beach.
freeport

Niceville, FL

#9 Sep 18, 2006
I have know Richard for a long,long time and Im a family friend...But self defense is were one person is trying to save there life for one or more people,NOT 3 trying to save there life from 1 man.the group of people Richard was running w/are known trouble makers in the town.Richard is a nice boy w/ alot of problems as we all do,Just some people have more self control.NO I dont believe Richard would do this in his right state of mind,But w/the correct amount of alcohol and the wrong crowd can lead to anything.I just know it sad to have to lose your life over a stupid bar fight.
ALJ

Niceville, FL

#10 Sep 18, 2006
DDD -WHERE YOU THERE ?? IF THEY WHERE KICKED OUT SO MANY TIMES HOW IS IT THAT THEY WHERE ALLOWED TO GET BACK INTO CASH'S ?? IF YOU WHERE THERE , PLEASE EXPLAIN THE WHOLE STORY
none

Navarre, FL

#11 Sep 18, 2006
ok mabey not self defense but i still dont think that this is happening i just never thought in my heart that they could do something so nasty to someone like that....murder is the worst sin u can make in this world not just with the LAW with GOD OUR LORD.....he will make the choices in the long run because we are not long for this world all the evil and hate....it is just so wroge i wish they never would have went to cash's that night because none of this would have happened and everyone would be living there lifes...i'm truly sorry for the man that lost he's life but there are 3 more people that lost there's as well.......
none

Navarre, FL

#12 Sep 18, 2006
yea if u know so much then who really stabbed this guy????
none

Navarre, FL

#13 Sep 18, 2006
and yes there can be three men fighting for there lives against one guy because i have been in a blood fest and there was 3 guys one one guy and the one guy stabbed these men and tryed to kill them why weapons? why cant people use what god gave us our body's?????
freeport

Niceville, FL

#14 Sep 18, 2006
The story goes that Richard did it
freeport

Niceville, FL

#15 Sep 18, 2006
you can say that the 3 boys that killed this man has lost there life,But tomorrow someone that loves them or thay love will hear one of these boys voice.Can the family who lost someone say...Yes Ill take the collect call
ALJ

Niceville, FL

#16 Sep 18, 2006
freeport wrote:
The story goes that Richard did it
Didn't you just say that you know Richard? If you knew him you would know that he is not capable of this-Even if he was drunk(which I have seen how he is when he has been drinking,nothing like this) I feel badly that this happened. Wish that there was some way to change it all - but I can't. There is no reason for everyone to come on here and bad mouth these people when half of these comments are coming from people that don't or didn't know these guys.We all should have enough respect for everyone to agree that it is a bad situation - As far as I have seen none of these people where there to see what really took place - Only God and these guys know what happened that night - We all may never know the truth but as far as I am concered - Richard, We love you and are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Keep your head up Baby Boy !
anon

Saint Cloud, FL

#17 Sep 18, 2006
richard...your going to fry in the electric chair..along with your 2 cohorts..dying a slow painful death.
none

Navarre, FL

#18 Sep 19, 2006
look that was not a nice comment now when u go to heaven u will have to look the lord in his eyes and tell him what u sayed......if u even make it there look like the devil has got u in his fingers...
none

Navarre, FL

#19 Sep 19, 2006
why is this all about richard anyway?????
Supporter of victim

United States

#20 Sep 19, 2006
I just want to say that everyone here is forgetting that the "victim", or TJ as he is called by those of us who loved and knew him...he is someone's son, brother, uncle, friend, etc. Remember that as you're trying to justify why the three men killed him. Explain that to his family who is dealing with the fact that they will never see him or hear his voice again. The facts remain that these three men killed this one man and they now need to take responsibility for this horrific act and except the consequences.
Keep all your comments in perspective as you're typing them and realize that his family may be reading this and try to sympathize and understand their pain and choose your words carefully.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 33
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Rosa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why all the black people? (Apr '16) 7 hr FuckCrackers 67
Teachers Get a Raise 17 hr Mall Cop 4
service dogs on the beach (Oct '14) Jan 16 ThomasA 42
looking to move to Destin can you help. (Apr '17) Jan 10 jKaufmon 12
vacation Jan 9 Really 4
Body found on Miramar beach Jan 8 Duh 2
Weed Jan 8 Duh 3

Santa Rosa Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance