Rock and Roll Transit Owner Arrested

Rock and Roll Transit Owner Arrested

There are 4 comments on the WJHG-TV Panama City story from Mar 20, 2011, titled Rock and Roll Transit Owner Arrested. In it, WJHG-TV Panama City reports that:

State Beverage Agents have arrested the operator of a Panama City Beach Spring Break transit service, saying he was selling alcohol without a license.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJHG-TV Panama City.

Britney

Panama City, FL

#1 Mar 20, 2011
We came to panama city beach for spring break and rode the rock and roll transit and had so much fun. We got a free beer coupon that we used at guy harvey's but never received a beer on the bus and we didnt pay for our coupon. Don't understand how he was arrested for selling alcohol when we got free beer coupons from other locations on the beach.
lakeguy

Toronto, Canada

#2 Mar 24, 2011
Yeah, this is trash. He is charging $5 for the ride, not for the coupons...I guess if you pick up a travel book @ a hotel with a free beer coupon in it the hotel should be charged for selling alcohol w/o a liquor license...the way to fix this would be just throw the coupons on the floor so people can pick them up because they "found it laying on the floor".
Amanda

Darien, IL

#3 Oct 19, 2012
***BEWARE*** Now that I have your attention let me tell you why. We were in PCB for a wedding, and we made a week long vacation out of it. The beach was 10 steps away from the condo we rented so we knew we weren't going to need much in the form of transportation. The prices for any service seemed extremely high, and I"m from Chicago so I know a high price when I see it. We called this place and was advised that we could get unlimited rides for 5 days for $50 a piece. That seemed like a pretty good deal because we shelled out $10 to another guy to drive us a mile with our groceries. The man (I think his name was Tim) was super friendly and arrived within minutes to pick us up and take our money. He drove us to a restaurant a couple miles down the road (which he recommended, see my review for Dusty's.) Before we split ways I double checked with him that we could just call for a ride. Assured that everything was going to be copacetic we went to lunch. When we were done we called for a ride. He advised he was busy and would be there in 30 minutes. We decided to walk down the road to the gas station while we waited to grab some smokes and a slushy. We called to let him know about the changed location. He didn't mention that the 30 minute time frame had changed. an hour and a half later he shows up. Never once did he call. We were standing out in the sun for over an hour waiting. He went on with some story about how a flight was delayed and how he went to pick up the wrong person for another drive and had to drive all the way across town to get the right person. I have the whole sorted tale on my voice mail because I guess he pocket dialed me. He should have dialed me an hour before. Okay so the man had a bad day, I wont pitch a big fit, after all I had 4 more days with them. The next day we didn't leave the beach, but the day after that we met up with the bride and groom at Pier Park. We called for a ride around 7:00 PM. The guy who picked us up wanted to see our passes. He yelled at me because they weren't signed and dated. Yeah, not my fault. We were handed the passes and didn't get any further instructions. He said he didn't know that anyone had passes and he was off work. Boo frickin hooo. I spent $100 for these, work it out with the staff. So, Mr. Grumpy dropped us off and we had dinner with our friends. When we were finished we called (around 8:30 PM) and no one answered. We called back and left a message. We walked around waiting for a call, but it never came. Thankfully our friends had not left us there and gave us a ride back to the condo. I was LIVID. I called them as soon as I woke up the next day. I talked to Tim again. He said all he could do was say sorry. Yeah that's not going to cut it, so I asked for the manager. He told me the manager wasn't in town and I could not have any contact information for him, but Tim would have him call me. That call never came. I sent a couple emails with no response. BY far the worst experience I've had with ANY business my entire life. I've had some pretty awful experiences too , but hands down this one takes the cake, the very very crappy cake. I don't see them staying in business if this is how they treat their customers. We didn't use them the rest of the time, and took another company for a shuttle to the airport. The were fantastic. My review for them is to come. Have fun at the beach, but for God's sake, stay far away from this POS. Take my word for it, they will ruin your vacation.
paul

Carrollton, GA

#4 Feb 12, 2013
southerners always enjoy taking yankees money and listen to them bitch and moan

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Rosa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vernon High School's record-breaking signing day (Feb '16) 15 min bliss 5
Meth head/pill heads (Mar '16) Fri Dust 2
News Fort Walton Beach Woman Claims $4 Million Flori... Fri Keiragambler 5
Joann Merrifield Sep 19 Linda Harris 1
News Ku Klux Klan is still alive and well in Florida (Aug '08) Sep 19 Blue November 376
News Vernon woman wins $1 million in scratch-off game Sep 16 Keiragambler 3
ZIKA question!! Sep 11 Mike -ex-sauk vil... 4

Santa Rosa Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Rosa Beach Mortgages