GOP legislators unwind and strategize...

GOP legislators unwind and strategize at resort

There are 6 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 21, 2008, titled GOP legislators unwind and strategize at resort. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

With their ruling majority intact but facing a fiscal crisis, House Republicans repaired to a ritzy resort here for a three-day retreat with a theme in mind: downsizing government.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Deputy Dawg

Bakersfield, CA

#1 Nov 21, 2008
Toxic waste alert. Beached whales at Santa Rosa Beach Resort site.
stupid is

United States

#2 Nov 21, 2008
Don't care who or what funded the trip; now is not the time to go to these expensive resorts. It helps build animosity. Stop being stupid.

And who is that guy that padded a panhandle college with state money and now has accepted a job with the college? Seems like that is a common practice with legislators.
Plastic Ono

West Palm Beach, FL

#3 Nov 21, 2008
Actually this is a very good time for the Republican Party and anyone else to be spending at lodging and dining establishments. These industries are hurting as are their employees. But don't expect a bailout from D.C. So quit your partisan whining and be glad some money is being injected into the economy that will help working people. By the way, I'm a Dem who voted for Obama but is very dissappointed in the "Change" he's bringing by bringing in retreads from the Clinton era. Who's next, Jimmy Carter at Defense?
A1ACharles uber alles

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Nov 21, 2008
The neocon party is history. I consider myself a "Republican" in the Jeffersonian sense and I do not relate to these people.
That is because neocons are soooooooo stupid, and I am highly intelligent.
Wayne Arnold

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Nov 22, 2008
As a politician of yester-year said "There's not a dimes worth of difference between the two parties."
czar of this thread

Milford, IN

#7 Nov 25, 2008
dealing with the morons on the left is tough business, and these guys and gals need some relaxin to take on the task.

just cut spending from teachers a little bit and there will be plenty left over after the resort bill is paid.

make firefighters spend less time a publix, too, or dock their pay!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Rosa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Destin Council targets businesses distributing ... 5 min eadygeorgem 2
Roofied May 20 KtBoyce 2
dixie mafia (Sep '09) May 20 Panamaed 23
Any gay bi or straight curious men looking to h... (Aug '13) May 19 Swallowme 16
Spring Break (Mar '17) May 15 Judy 59
Neon horses May 9 southerngirl 1
In need of a BJ please May 6 Larry 3

Santa Rosa Beach Jobs

Personal Finance

Santa Rosa Beach Mortgages