Tips for safe online dating, romance

Tips for safe online dating, romance

There are 15 comments on the Moorpark Acorn story from Jan 26, 2006, titled Tips for safe online dating, romance. In it, Moorpark Acorn reports that:

With Valentine's Day fast approaching, not everyone has yet met that special someone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Moorpark Acorn.

Heather

Washington, DC

#1 Feb 1, 2006
You might want to mention running a Matchinform.com check on a prospective date. It is free and will let you know what others who have dated him have to say.
dan

Baltimore, MD

#2 Feb 19, 2006
There are a number of sites like Matchinform.com and truedater.com . You want to pick the right one for you. Consider relationslip.com . On relationslip.com , you can review your date along multiple dimensions. Proprietary technology that others don't have let's us aggregate these reviews across websites and profiles. Relationslip.com is also completely open and extensible. Using a niche-site? Relationslip.com supports them, others don't.

I wonder why Heather focuses only on the "him" in her post. Women can be just as bad as men in online dating as revealed by the postings to our blog.
Blazza

Wolli Creek, Australia

#3 Mar 1, 2006
security checks on prospective dates? what's the world coming to. Best dating sites are in Australia, believe it or not. Redhotpie.com .au and ContactToday.com for example
michelle

Livonia, MI

#4 Mar 23, 2006
any body who even considers meeting someone online is an idiot why would you want to risk your life !!! and yea he/she might sound great but what if they turn out to be an old creepy person and rape you!!! if you want to take that risk then go ahead but no way would anyone in there right ind do that......im notsaying everyone online is a creep but ya kno just to be safe i would'nt talk to anyone i dont know
Lynn

Herndon, VA

#5 Apr 7, 2006
I don't think dating online is particularly creepy, it is just the next logical step. If you meet someone at work or in a bar, you still don't know that much about him, remember most "creeps" have jobs, go out drinking, and friends too. So whether you meet online or elsewhere, ther is still lots of risk.

Dating is a risky business, prbably always has been, to some extent.

I date online and have met some great people, I also use matchinform and I think it helped me avoid some bad dates. And now matchinform works with LuvSpy.com , which offers more thorough background checking.

If I met a guy in a bar, I still might check him out before letting him know too much about me. When i find out someone i meet in a bar is also online, I check him out too.

I am not entirely jaded, just smart.
titi

Cote D'Ivoire

#6 Apr 19, 2006
Dearest one,
Compliment of the day to you,pls i don't want this short note to be as a burden to you or in any way meet you at the bad mood,there is something attract me in your profile,to be sincere with you on my searching in this matrimonial home i came accross your profile which i went through thoroughly and is quite interesting to my liking,if you wouldn't mind there is something confidential which i would like to discuss with you through my private email pls your reply will be highly treated in my email address for further discussion.
Thanks and stay cool.
titi
[email protected]
Online dater

Arlington, VA

#7 Aug 2, 2006
Almost everybody I Know has tried some form of online dating, it's not just for "creeps" or "idiots". Even people who say, "I would never do it" tend to be hiding the fact they have tried it. How else do you meet people today? In bars? At work? On the street? All can be risky too.

At least online there is some basic information taken from them to have an account. And you can google their sign-in name and get a matchinform.com report.

Not perfect but better than nothing.
Artlene

Arlington, VA

#9 Aug 18, 2006
just steer away from Ctraiglist's personals section. I tried it just for fun and was flooded with freaky emails with pictures that were almost sickening, offers for drugs, and more. The whole unsupervised personals section is out of control.
Pat

Arlington, VA

#10 Aug 18, 2006
Have you perused the Rants and raves section on Craigslist? Even worse.
Pat

Arlington, VA

#12 Sep 7, 2006
Matchinform has issued a warning against craigslist personals, it makes sense, if somebody want to stay so anonymous it might be a sign that it is one yo do not want to date.
CurlyBulbs

Philippines

#15 Oct 10, 2006
Hello,
I have been looking for dating sites where I can join and wanted to share an awesome experience to those who had been looking for a perfect site with members that are just around the neighborhood…
I have been disappointed many times since there are dating sites that has members I found within the geographical area of where I live and later found out that they are just bogus or fake members just to attract surfers to join or register their dating community. Such a waste!!
Here’s the good news… I finally found this site that was referred to me by my friend: The Singles Network.com and I was amazed coz I found out that it has a list of cities in all of the states here in the US. This is exactly the site I wanted since I can go to a site where I live and meet local members in our neighborhood who are REAL people and lives exactly what is in their profile!(Thank God!) 
I had a few local dates after joining this site: The Singles Network and it was awesome… I still want to meet more gorgeous women that fit the standards I dreamed of… but for a local dating domain with 26 million members… WOW! I need more time to search for more interesting members!
If you are still in the verge of searching for a local dating site, I do RECOMMEND this local dating site to end your search spending lots of hours in your PC and gets frustrated in the end. Click the link and you go straight to a list of more than 250 cities here in the US, for you to choose from and start dating the perfect mate for you instead of being in front of your computer wasting time joining other dating sites that is useless!!!
You will be THANKFUL for reading this message after joining that site!
Enjoy!!
victor chibuike jacob

Dakar, Senegal

#16 Oct 18, 2006
i am simple girl by nature 8000 million to westerunion bank dakar senegal code no 5885200.
pls pay the money with this week
contcat me with this tel nomber 2216652974
when you pay the money 8000million dollas.
lisa

United States

#17 Oct 18, 2006
I agree that Internet dating is a natural progression. Imagine what peopel thought when people stopped arranged marriages, and started dating...
You definitely have to be smart, and use all of the info the person provides you with to make sur ethat you're safe, but LYNN Is right. I'm 35 and have dated PLENTY of creeps, none of which I met on line.
I just tried online, and met a very cool guy that I am really enjoying getting to know. HE, like me is just busy, and gave up on the limited amount of people he had to choose from at work, etc.

Be smart, but give it a chance!
Online dater

Arlington, VA

#19 Dec 18, 2006
Matchinform.com and trudater are free, really!
nancylove

Senegal

#20 Apr 23, 2007
I am a 23 years old beautiful girl loving kindness and easy going from Guinea. I am gentle, humble, truetful, highly loving and caring. i like giving out when ever i have, making freinds and creating good reputations among human limite. Iam a practical christain and i move with faith in the lord also am looking for my real life partner to share my life with and make up a home with the fear of God, love and peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Paula Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Signs Stuff Sep 17 Bigg Tow Job 1
Lee Jordan Gets Kucked by Dianne (Aug '15) Sep 14 Hola 4
News 7 cities with the most residents struggling to ... Sep 5 Robbie 3
Patricia eastman Sep 3 Guest 1
No Call Trump Ole Cotton Mouth Aug 28 trumplings4ever 1
Teri Copley has been arrested, booked for prod... (Aug '16) Aug 23 teri Copley 26
Trump Tries New Lockable Diapers Aug '17 Kelly Annnnn 1

Santa Paula Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Paula Mortgages