Braceros set to finally get back wages

Braceros set to finally get back wages

There are 4 comments on the LA Daily News story from Oct 16, 2008, titled Braceros set to finally get back wages. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Nearly 60 years after coming from Mexico to do the back-breaking work of this country's wartime effort, bracero Jose Rangel Belcazar will finally get paid the back wages owed him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Aplus

Wildomar, CA

#2 Oct 16, 2008
God Race and Nation wrote:
Make them pay their own way back to Mexico after they collect their money. There is no way theses bums should get a break from the U.S. taxpayers.
They were brought here on purpose by the US governemnt to fill jobs during the war that were otherwise unfilled, genius. So many people on these sites enforec the stereotype of a stupid racist white person to a tee.

Good, Im glad the US and Mexico are being forced to honor their agreements with these people.
disabuser

Vernalis, CA

#3 Oct 16, 2008
Why do they need to apply at Mexican consulates in the US? Are all these former braceros in this country? So much for "guest" worker programs. And it wasn't the US government that didn't pay them was it? I thought it was the Mexican government that ripped them off. If so, why would that be a "of both governments' poor treatment of them"?
Unknown

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Oct 16, 2008
Not all braceros are in the US. Some of them eventually assimilated legally into the US after the war. Others returned to Mexico. Read a history book.
disabuser wrote:
Why do they need to apply at Mexican consulates in the US? Are all these former braceros in this country? So much for "guest" worker programs. And it wasn't the US government that didn't pay them was it? I thought it was the Mexican government that ripped them off. If so, why would that be a "of both governments' poor treatment of them"?
disabuser

Vernalis, CA

#5 Oct 16, 2008
Unknown wrote:
Not all braceros are in the US. Some of them eventually assimilated legally into the US after the war. Others returned to Mexico. Read a history book.
<quoted text>
That's why I asked about a claim system that requires them to apply in the U.S. Aren't former braceros in Mexico deserving of getting back their long withheld pay too? The reference to guest worker programs is that they have proven to often be immigration programs. Read that in your history books if you can find a factual one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Paula Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Drag Pix Stolen Fri Saversxxxx 1
Tonka trump Boo'd in Germany Apr 26 Laffink stocks 1
News Legacy of labor leader lives on Apr 24 Ignorance 6
Collage (Jan '15) Apr 17 Anonymous 112
Summer Prostitutes Arrive Apr 15 rubber ducky 1
118 thousand syrian refugees accepted Apr 7 gubmintnewsblasto 1
No Worry; Trump Pardons Cabinet Apr 5 Govmt News Breaks 1

Santa Paula Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance