L.A. County approves ordinance to ban...

L.A. County approves ordinance to ban plastic bags

There are 46 comments on the Pasadena Star-News story from Nov 16, 2010, titled L.A. County approves ordinance to ban plastic bags. In it, Pasadena Star-News reports that:

Single-use plastic bags will be banned at grocery stores, pharmacies and other shops in unincorporated Los Angeles County areas under an ordinance approved today by the Board of Supervisors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Star-News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
knowledge

Fullerton, CA

#43 Nov 19, 2010
Ok let me get this right, they wont give you plastic bags in stores to put the stuff you bought in it but they will sell you a paper bag for 10 cents except if your a lazy welfare person on food stamps then they will not charge you the bag. Meaning you probably will now be seeing thrown paper bags on street because the majority of welfare people are the one whos litter because they dont care and probably half of LA gets food Stamps. Its funny how they let people think they are involved by letting them vote but in reality its the citys , the countys the states or the Goverment who can make a law whenever they want without asking for a vote on it.
knowledge

Fullerton, CA

#44 Nov 19, 2010
sure am glad i dont live in LA
True Freedom

Broomfield, CO

#45 Nov 19, 2010
Concerned resident wrote:
One last thing, I heard on the news that the maker for these personal "green" tote bags that people will have to buy will be made in China. So no creation of jobs in America will be supported with this ordinance. What a shame!
they were going to make them here, but the union salaries and pensions were so high, the bags were to sell for $10
Putin Tane

Sun City, CA

#46 Nov 22, 2010
john wrote:
<quoted text>
For your info (and I know you were not talking to me, so I just wanted you to know).. my IP shows wildomar, but I am in L.A. County. It's the cable carrier.
Sorry to hear that, your service must suck...
Mike Cowan

Laguna Hills, CA

#47 Sep 5, 2012
This plastic bag ban is seriously BS!!!
I am totally against these plastic bag bans because I represent a bag manufacturer that has a SAFE biodegradable additive solution called D2W, which is added to the plastic when the bags are being manufactured, over a few months the bags biodegrade to a SAFE DUST, all it needs is OXYGEN! The other cities that have passed these bans are so foolish and have been brain washed by listening to environmentalists, that only show one-sided data and donít offer any real solutions such as my biodegradable additive. The environmentalists are always complaining on the one-time use of these regular plastic bags, but if you took a poll, I guarantee that most people reuse these plastic bags in garbage baskets or to pick up dog poo. It blows my mind when government passes these type of laws during a POOR ECONOMY to hurt businesses. Unemployment is at an all-time high and this ban would only add to it. Also what about the thousands of dollars in sales tax that is generated from the plastic bag purchases by all of the large grocery stores, the city councilmen donít even realize they are hurting their own budgets, they are nuts! If any type of law should be passed on these bags, make the grocery stores only buy plastic bags that are biodegradable, that solves the problem!

More on D2W: http://www.degradable.net/products/d2w-plasti...

Food borne illness from the reusable non-woven bags:
&fe ature=youtu.be
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#48 Sep 5, 2012
Mike Cowan wrote:
This plastic bag ban is seriously BS!!!
I am totally against these plastic bag bans because I represent a bag manufacturer that has a SAFE biodegradable additive solution called D2W, which is added to the plastic when the bags are being manufactured, over a few months the bags biodegrade to a SAFE DUST, all it needs is OXYGEN! The other cities that have passed these bans are so foolish and have been brain washed by listening to environmentalists, that only show one-sided data and donít offer any real solutions such as my biodegradable additive. The environmentalists are always complaining on the one-time use of these regular plastic bags, but if you took a poll, I guarantee that most people reuse these plastic bags in garbage baskets or to pick up dog poo. It blows my mind when government passes these type of laws during a POOR ECONOMY to hurt businesses. Unemployment is at an all-time high and this ban would only add to it. Also what about the thousands of dollars in sales tax that is generated from the plastic bag purchases by all of the large grocery stores, the city councilmen donít even realize they are hurting their own budgets, they are nuts! If any type of law should be passed on these bags, make the grocery stores only buy plastic bags that are biodegradable, that solves the problem!
More on D2W: http://www.degradable.net/products/d2w-plasti...
Food borne illness from the reusable non-woven bags: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Hv63IKnsj64XX&feature=you tu.be
Mike Cowan.

You are right. In more technologically advanced nations there are thousands of companies that produce components that allow the manufacture of easily biodegradable Lowenthal harassment tax-free plastic grocery bags. Our finny friends love eating those corn-based grocery bags and they thrive by having access to a healthy corn-based diet.

The problem is that, since the revolution, the revolutionaries who now control expensive taxpayer funded academia used Big Government collected, taxpayer funded, loot as political pay-offs to politically powerful Big Teachers. Those Big Teachers then acted to "dumb down" our children to the lowest common denominator in accordance with the latest trendy social theory that has been cooked up by academia. The result is that the nation no longer has enough qualified trained chemical engineers to take advantage of modern grocery bag technology.

Here is one source that supplies the components that are needed to produce environmentally friendly grocery bags. There are thousands others:

Source: http://tinyurl.com/ck5qywu

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Monica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Annual ARC-CAL State Bowling Tournament... 1 min ARC CAL STATE BOW... 21
Jimmy Kimmel I don't watch anymore 45 min Goodbye USA 3
Marilyn monroe is my twin sister ! 1 hr Duke 28
News Inglewood man plead no contest in Hawthorne sho... (Jul '09) 2 hr Cristobal Urbina 12
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr True 21,177
lesbian∑o∑nage 7 hr The monster 5
Poor gaga ! 7 hr The monster 2

Santa Monica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Monica Mortgages