L.A. County approves ordinance to ban...

L.A. County approves ordinance to ban plastic bags

There are 46 comments on the Pasadena Star-News story from Nov 16, 2010, titled L.A. County approves ordinance to ban plastic bags. In it, Pasadena Star-News reports that:

Single-use plastic bags will be banned at grocery stores, pharmacies and other shops in unincorporated Los Angeles County areas under an ordinance approved today by the Board of Supervisors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Star-News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Good Bloody Gods

Riverside, CA

#1 Nov 16, 2010
Antonovich needs to be strung up from the nearest tree.

Oh, if there are any left in California after Republicanism.

Also people can bring their own paper bags to the store and use them until they wear out. Or people can bring their own cloth bags -- or even better hemp bags.

It's about tmie someone stepped up and put a stop to this hideous Republican waste that is one-time-use plastic bags. Lazy stupid fat ignorant uneducate Americans crapping up the world as if it was some how their right to do so. Outrageous.
Jeffery

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Nov 16, 2010
Good news, its about time hope Pico Rivera council jumps on this one.
Big B

San Francisco, CA

#3 Nov 16, 2010
This is wonderful news. San Francisco did this quite some time ago and is much cleaner because of it. Thanks Supervisors!
PRNDLL

Bethpage, NY

#4 Nov 16, 2010
Stupid hippies. Plastics are for the evolved.
Go eat some tofu and get back to your fecal-smelling caves... oh, wait - tofu comes wrapped in plastic, huh?

Starve, greenie MF'ers.
Lynwoodslim

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Nov 16, 2010
Good Bloody Gods wrote:
Also people can bring their own paper bags to the store and use them until they wear out. Or people can bring their own cloth bags -- or even better hemp bags.
It's about tmie someone stepped up and put a stop to this hideous Republican waste that is one-time-use plastic bags. Lazy stupid fat ignorant uneducate Americans crapping up the world as if it was some how their right to do so. Outrageous.
Blow it out you stupid f...k
Homer

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Nov 16, 2010
Keep our city streets clean, keep those plastic bags out of Pico Rivera.
Meffer

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Nov 16, 2010
Save America hang a greenie weenie.
TONY

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Nov 16, 2010
Can i still poop in the river beds
Ursus Horribilis

Bethpage, NY

#9 Nov 16, 2010
The ban should be against:
1) Ignorant slobs who litter
2) Lazy slobs who don't close trash can lids
3) Self-righteous environmentalists and their enablers on city councils.

It's always ban the product/tool with these folks - never the perpetrator. Prevent forest fires - ban matches. Guns kill. Speeding cars kill.
Technology-Impaired Idiots.

If you REALLY want to get rid of the trash, GET RID OF THE TRASH THAT LITTERS. But no - we can't get medieval on our "fellow citizens", can we?
TONY

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Nov 16, 2010
Good Bloody Gods wrote:
Is your mother also your sister?
PRNDLL

Herndon, VA

#11 Nov 16, 2010
It's always "ban the tool/object" with these folks, instead of getting at the real issue: THE STUPID IDIOTS WHO LITTER.
Why not ban the following:
1) Lazy morons who flick their trash without a thought (oops- they're incapable of that - sorry)
2) Lazy morons that can't close a trash can lid or the slob homeless that empties a dumpster and leaves a bigger mess
3) Self-righteous environmentalists and their city council enablers

Want to end tagging? End the taggers.
Want to end litter? Maim and disfigure the slobs.
Want to end crime? Execute criminals and their defenders.

NAAAAHHH... Let's blame bags, guns, matches, cars, the educational system, aliens (from Zeta Reticuli), the full moon...
LAcounty taxpayer

Providence, RI

#12 Nov 16, 2010
I have been using cloth bags for a few years now, even before it became cool to do so.

However, I am happy to see people who walk their dogs use those plastic bags to pick up their dogs' poop. Just how many people will be willing to buy poop bags? ZERO!!!!

So the trade off will be fewer plastics bags at the dump but.....

LOTS MORE POOP ON THE SIDEWALKS.
SDJoe

Bethpage, NY

#13 Nov 16, 2010
Antonovich is the only one on the L.A. C.C. that ever makes sense.
I say we wrap Molina's fat head with plastic wrap and be done with it.
pancho

Azusa, CA

#14 Nov 16, 2010
No doubt it would pass Its another Tax!!!! 0.10 a bag on the hard working people anybody have any Idea the cost of Educating an Illegal alien on the tax dollar not to worry more nickel and diming fees ,taxes,and so on. more Road blocks coming your way get use to it.times are tuff Politians have to eat too. just keep voting the same ones in over and over again.
Christopher

Burbank, CA

#15 Nov 16, 2010
This is ridiculous "nanny politics" at its best. The issue here isn't the effect of plastic bags, it's the people who litter the streets and don't clean up after themselves! These self absorbed hippies wanna tell the rest of us how to live, this is America and last time I checked hey, I had free choice, to live, shop and do as I please! I am all for more public transit to end pollution, air pollution standards & green jobs but this goes too too far. There will always be litter, trash and garbage because this is L.A., people here are pigs and litter.. get ready lets see what they target next, are we all really ok with other telling us how to live?? come on
PRNDLL

United States

#16 Nov 16, 2010
Hey - best change to "PRNDLL2"
Plus, you ripped off "The Grizz"
jesus

West Covina, CA

#17 Nov 16, 2010
prop 26 blocks such taxes.

reusable bags made in china (most of them) have toxic levels of lead.

I live in unincorporated LA and will drive the extra mile over the hill (more car pollutants!) to shop in OC so I can continue to get my plastic bags.

Way to punish the businesses in unincorporated LA.
Just reading

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#19 Nov 16, 2010
And I just read the other day that There is Lead Paint in the paper bags. So, they will let us continue to use the "Lead Paint" infested bags however we can no longer use plastic bags. This world is so screwed up.
Curious

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Nov 16, 2010
Can we ban politicians who create unnecessary legislation that will cost us more money at every turn? OOH, if it's good for China, it must be good for LA County... Pucking libs.

“a good community is OUR job”

Since: Mar 09

Pasadena

#21 Nov 16, 2010
PRNDLL wrote:
It's always "ban the tool/object" with these folks, instead of getting at the real issue: THE STUPID IDIOTS WHO LITTER.
Why not ban the following:
1) Lazy morons who flick their trash without a thought (oops- they're incapable of that - sorry)
2) Lazy morons that can't close a trash can lid or the slob homeless that empties a dumpster and leaves a bigger mess
3) Self-righteous environmentalists and their city council enablers
Want to end tagging? End the taggers.
Want to end litter? Maim and disfigure the slobs.
Want to end crime? Execute criminals and their defenders.
NAAAAHHH... Let's blame bags, guns, matches, cars, the educational system, aliens (from Zeta Reticuli), the full moon...
I agree with you; however, our problem is that LA is over-run with low-rent, uneducated people who thing a storm drain is some sort of automated garbage handling system.

If there just weren't so many retardedMorons... if people would just do what they are supposed to do, then we wouldn't need: plastic bag ban, shopping cart retrieval services, graffiti removal services, pseudoephedrine bans, etc

But, the fact remains, there are just waaaay too many low-rent uneducated dooshBags in LA.. and a plastic bag ban is needed here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Monica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Fox Moving & Storage, LLC (Sep '15) 6 hr jamesD569 80
Funnyman Patton Oswalt Murdered Wife? 6 hr Peter 8
News Unfounded fears of shooting at LAX create panic... 6 hr typical LA softies 1
News San Pedro drive-by shooting appears to be gang-... (May '09) 7 hr Duece Boy2 207
Trump 8 hr Never 1
News Two ex-officials of Armenian Consulate arrested (Jul '09) 18 hr JenJen211 136
News Domestic violence allegations from 1996 surface... Aug 27 Ted Haggard s Gos... 2

Santa Monica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Monica Mortgages