Dog becomes woman's new ears

Camille Jenkins had good reason to pause for a few minutes Friday, as the hearing-impaired woman reflected on her new companion canine, Rico, an Australian Cattle Dog and Border Collie mix. Full Story
Roger Freedman

United States

#2 May 8, 2008
Help Save the SF SPCA Hearing Dog Program

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/save-SFSPCA-...
Roger Freedman

United States

#3 May 8, 2008
Sandra

San Dimas, CA

#4 May 22, 2008
Hearing dogs are just the greatest! Having a profound loss all my life I had never "heard" of Hearing dogs till a few years ago. My daughters would yell "Mom! Someone is at the door!" or "Get the phone!" even complain and grumble "...SHE is NOT going to turn the timer off!" I too am a recipient of a Hearing dog from the Sam Simon Foundation. Now 24 hours a day 7 days a week my dog Flash alerts me to all those sound and more with NO attitude! He LOVES doing it! Thanks to Mr. Simon and his wonderful trainers...
Perry Turner

New Orleans, LA

#5 Nov 2, 2012
I know Ms. Jenkins and have knowledge of her hearing impairment.
Rico is a God sent for Ms.Jenkins....thank you who ever put Rico with Ms.Jenkins!

Ms. Jenkins is a worthy recipient of this program.
Perry Turner

Ponchatoula, LA

#6 Dec 16, 2012
Any new postings regarding Ms. Jenkins ot her dog , Rico?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Monica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 49 min Runonion 5,072
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr rouddy 200,959
L.A. Unified students claim walkout over heat; ... 5 hr El Guapo 1
LA Based Art Gallery and Fashion Show October 2nd 6 hr Lisa B 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr WARRIOR 19,208
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr Blazing saddles 7,954
All-star Sept. 28 George Harrison benefit moves... 15 hr Greg 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at September 17 at 7:22PM PDT

•••

Santa Monica News Video

•••
•••

Santa Monica Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Santa Monica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Santa Monica News, Events & Info