Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,819)

Showing posts 156,361 - 156,380 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179286
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you are really arguing brilliantly now Fruitcake! Real proud of you.
Go start another troll thread, You're an idiot with no argument.
Hope that helped!
Keep posting, your vote total climbs every day.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179287
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we know, stupid.
Don't you agree that the judge overturning California's ban on same-sex marriage bodes well for polygamy?
Are you a tard? I told you no at least 15 times. Fluck stop smoking crack

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179288
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean that same kind of equality homosexuals have where they can marry the one opposite sex partner of their choice?
Good point. Why is the opposite sex requirement bad, but the number 2, good?
Verba Delenda

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179289
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Can Zachary Reeder marry Carissa Hads? If he does, can they be cellmates? Then could they have simultaneous consensual conjugal visits with his favorite little boy and her favorite little girl? I mean, they have their innate needs and their inalienable human rights, right?
Verba Delenda

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179290
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. Why is the opposite sex requirement bad, but the number 2, good?
Yes, and presumably a man would be allowed to "marry" his brother, father or son, and a woman to "marry" her sister, mother or daughter, inasmuch as no risk of deleterious inbreeding would be entailed therein.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179291
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they do. Everyone is treated equally when it comes to plural marriage.
<quoted text>
Straw man.
Rose

Why does it bother you so? Why is it okay for a woman to call another woman, "her wife", but not a man to call two women, his "wives"? Will gay people stop getting married if plural marriage is legalized?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179292
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a tard? I told you no at least 15 times. Fluck stop smoking crack
No you didn't. Prove it. Repost those 15 posts where you explained how the judge's decision affects poly marriage.

You just post dumb ad hominem. You are not capable of anything else, due to idiocy.

Hope that helps get you back on track Fruitcake.
Judge

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179293
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Schmudge.

Spam, schmam.

Forum, schmorum.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179294
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. Why is the opposite sex requirement bad, but the number 2, good?
Because the pesky number thing is "off topic, a red herring and a straw man"!

I wonder if they take it to court the judge will agree? "Polygamy should not be allowed because it is a red herring your honor".

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179295
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't. Prove it. Repost those 15 posts where you explained how the judge's decision affects poly marriage.
You just post dumb ad hominem. You are not capable of anything else, due to idiocy.
Hope that helps get you back on track Fruitcake.
Dang if I don't have room in your head for a swimming pool too. Rent free baby, its a sweet life.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179297
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Dang if I don't have room in your head for a swimming pool too. Rent free baby, its a sweet life.
Ha ha swimming pool in my head so funny.

You're an idiot, son.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179298
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a tard? I told you no at least 15 times. Fluck stop smoking crack
Try thinking outside the rainbow box. Don't worry it won't hurt.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179299
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Verba Delenda wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and presumably a man would be allowed to "marry" his brother, father or son, and a woman to "marry" her sister, mother or daughter, inasmuch as no risk of deleterious inbreeding would be entailed therein.
Thus legal ssm raises the question, "where does society draw the line?", or at what point does it become pointless?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179300
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha swimming pool in my head so funny.
You're an idiot, son.
I am thinking about a basketball court as well. Its fun living in your head rent free.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179301
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Try thinking outside the rainbow box. Don't worry it won't hurt.
Still searching for a clue, one day you might just find one. Stranger things have happened

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179302
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose
Why does it bother you so? Why is it okay for a woman to call another woman, "her wife", but not a man to call two women, his "wives"? Will gay people stop getting married if plural marriage is legalized?
Look up the term "straw man argument".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179303
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the term "straw man argument".
Rosie

Sigh......why is it so hard for you to fathom that "marriage equality", can be, and is, used to promote consentual plural marriage? America's favorite plural marriage family, the Browns, have gone on tee vee numerous times, expressing their support for ssm, and comparing that "struggle" with their struggle. Why not just accept it. As much as you and all the other SSMers want everyone else to accept gay marriage, you should also accept plural marriage. Marriage equaltity demands that you do.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179304
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the term "straw man argument".
Be sure to tell the judge to do that when polygamy comes to court.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179305
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Try thinking outside the rainbow box. Don't worry it won't hurt.
Actually it probably will hurt in Jazybird58's case.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179306
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

7

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Rosie
Sigh......why is it so hard for you to fathom that "marriage equality", can be, and is, used to promote consentual plural marriage? America's favorite plural marriage family, the Browns, have gone on tee vee numerous times, expressing their support for ssm, and comparing that "struggle" with their struggle. Why not just accept it. As much as you and all the other SSMers want everyone else to accept gay marriage, you should also accept plural marriage. Marriage equaltity demands that you do.
Excellent post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 156,361 - 156,380 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Santa Monica News Video

•••
•••

Santa Monica Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Santa Monica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••