Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,077)

Showing posts 141,521 - 141,540 of199,130
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37906555/ns/busin...
Make sure you read the entire article, and do us a favor: contemplate the meanings behind the words.
Once the illegals become "legal" they'll also demand higher wages and benefits, thus reducing the demand for them. The best way would be for all of them to go home who are here illegally and if it turns out there is a need we can issue TEMPORARY visas for that SPECIFIC need. IT IS WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR THEM -THE WELFARE,THE MEDICAL, THE EDUCATION, THE CRIME -and THEY ARE not paying TAXES !!!
Nailed

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Same cork screws playing around.

motherjones.com

“NOW will ya give me”

Since: Sep 12

some fightin' room ? !

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Once the illegals become "legal" they'll also demand higher wages and benefits, thus reducing the demand for them. The best way would be for all of them to go home who are here illegally and if it turns out there is a need we can issue TEMPORARY visas for that SPECIFIC need. IT IS WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR THEM -THE WELFARE,THE MEDICAL, THE EDUCATION, THE CRIME -and THEY ARE not paying TAXES !!!
I think any illegal alien should be given life in the electric chair.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Once the illegals become "legal" they'll also demand higher wages and benefits, thus reducing the demand for them. The best way would be for all of them to go home who are here illegally and if it turns out there is a need we can issue TEMPORARY visas for that SPECIFIC need. IT IS WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR THEM -THE WELFARE,THE MEDICAL, THE EDUCATION, THE CRIME -and THEY ARE not paying TAXES !!!
Gee... you sound a bit confused. Illegal workers get welfare? I don't think so. And besides that, even if they were legal, they earn so little they wouldn't have to pay income taxes anyway.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
I think any illegal alien should be given life in the electric chair.
There's that christian love Arizona is famous for!
Nano button

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Willard Mitt Romney tries to change shades for univision interview?

A decent make-up person should have a wide range of foundations in-stock, in order to match skin-tones. In this case, either they were out of "Ben Nye Pale Rose" (which looks closest to his normal skin-tone), or else the make-up person decided to play a clever little joke by deliberately applying "Rich Tan" instead.

Either way, it's a pretty rushed job. As others have noted: no coverage on the hands or ears, plus only a few obvious dabs between the jaw and neck lines (I could easily imagine Romney pointing out that "this shirt costs more than you make in a week - don't mess it up!"), and very uneven blending around the eyes and brows.

My guess is Willard Mitt Romney probably waltzed in late, and whomever did it either didn't have enough time, or perhaps didn't really feel much incentive to do a proper job of it.
Aldous Huxley

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because I give rational & scientific reasons that show your "alternative lifestyle" is a disgrace? LOL And that you queers were "tolerant" /sarcasm
Ypo've given NO scientific peer reviewed study's or anything reliable in any way,shape or form! What you are is a common garden variety douche bag who wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the azz! And again,do we listen to your ignorant,incoherent babbling you FOOL or what the world wide ACCEPTED experts in their fields say,who are in fact peer reviewed in their findings? You are laughable clown who has NO clue as to what you're talking about! Here you go,read a little and cure some of that ignorance! That is if you have the intelligence to do so and we all highly doubt that!

The world wide accepted experts in the fields of psychiatry and psychology and what they say about homosexuality!

http://www.apa.org/topics/sexuality/orientati...

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
There's that christian love Arizona is famous for!
Psst......I think TucksunJack is none other than Fafoxy who is also DanielP.......though he'll deny it.........lol!!!
Nano button

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

You have repeated for me to calm down and accused me of having a hissy fit, when in fact, you are the one who is clearly upset or you wouldn't write multiple entries.

Please show me the courtesy of not involving yourself in my responses which are directed specifically toward someone who is not you.

OK?

“NOW will ya give me”

some fightin' room ? !

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Psst......I think TucksunJack is none other than Fafoxy who is also DanielP.......though he'll deny it.........lol!!!
For reasons I cannot explain, my FaFoxy name stopped working the other day. Have any of you had this happen too ?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? That's funny! He must have been banned AGAIN.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
For reasons I cannot explain, my FaFoxy name stopped working the other day. Have any of you had this happen too ?
I'm sure it did......just like the other nics you have had, right?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Really? That's funny! He must have been banned AGAIN.
I don't know about that, but if he doesn't want folks to know it's him......maybe he should stop posting the same information as a long ago distant poster who use to go by DanielP!!!!

“NOW will ya give me”

some fightin' room ? !

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about that, but if he doesn't want folks to know it's him......maybe he should stop posting the same information as a long ago distant poster who use to go by DanielP!!!!
I'm not DanielP nor Frank Stanton and others I've been accused of being. Why would FaFoxy suddenly stop working ? Ever hear of that happening before here ?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not DanielP nor Frank Stanton and others I've been accused of being. Why would FaFoxy suddenly stop working ? Ever hear of that happening before here ?
Sure, it's called getting banned!!!

Funny how you claim not to be those other posters, but have similar life experiences like a transgender fiance, supposedly fair and balance, hate the President, a Constitutional Scholar, Libertarian and go to a Lutheran Church with a Gay/Lesbian Pastor and they all had a 3 paw cat to boot.........truly you need not share the exact same information as those posters if you aren't them!!!

Just saying.......lol!!!

“NOW will ya give me”

some fightin' room ? !

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, it's called getting banned!!!
Funny how you claim not to be those other posters, but have similar life experiences like a transgender fiance, supposedly fair and balance, hate the President, a Constitutional Scholar, Libertarian and go to a Lutheran Church with a Gay/Lesbian Pastor and they all had a 3 paw cat to boot.........truly you need not share the exact same information as those posters if you aren't them!!!
Just saying.......lol!!!
If i got banned, they wouldn't allow my ip. And why on earth should i get banned ?!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
If i got banned, they wouldn't allow my ip. And why on earth should i get banned ?!
Unless topix does an ip ban, they can just ban a nic......it happens all the time.....it's one of the reasons people can have multiple nics........as to why it might have happened......ask the mods through the feedback system!!!

“NOW will ya give me”

some fightin' room ? !

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless topix does an ip ban, they can just ban a nic......it happens all the time.....it's one of the reasons people can have multiple nics........as to why it might have happened......ask the mods through the feedback system!!!
I did several times. they never answered.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you in the top 1% of the wealthiest Americans? Because those folks are the only folks Romney cares about!!!
Besides, people who are to poor to pay federal income taxes, still do pay taxes just in different ways!!!!
I truly don't think that 47% of the American population believe they are entitled to what Romney states they are!!!
I think EVERY American has a stake in the game.....and here's one for you.....Romney has stated that there are roughly 23 million Americans out of work, yet he is only proposing 12 million new jobs in his first term, IF elected.........why should 11 million people still be jobless or not important enough to have a job?
Were you invited to that $50,000 plate meeting or ummm fundraiser?
Come on Rose... Obama is running high dollar fund raisers, he is pandering to those who feel "entitled", and he isn't any more for little guy than anyone else in Washington DC.

You speak of Romney only having a plan for 12 million new jobs, and complain about it- how many jobs has Obama "created?" He has had 4 years. Actions speak louder than words- Obama had his chance, he has failed- miserably.

It's time to stop playing this Republican vs Democrat nonsense, neither party is worth a damn. Each has members whom are "OK", but the reality is- neither one is truly better than the other. Hell, the Republicans of today are nothing more than John Kennedy democrats.

We should all be pissed that out of the millions of people in the country, the best we could do is Obama and Romney. This election is going to amount to nothing more than moving the chairs around on the Titanic.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>We now have the greatest foreign policy disaster in American history.
And the obsequious media focuses instead on Mitt Romney's words at a private fundraiser, not the president's.
Remember Obama's obsequious speeches in Cairo and Istanbul in the spring of 2009? Do you remember what he said to the Arab world? How he appealed to the politicians and the so-called "intellectuals" in the Arab Muslim world?
How Obama came up with lies about Arab enlightenment while Europe was supposedly in the "dark ages"?
There was no enlightenment in the Arab world in that time.
How about the contemporary Arab world, where women are abused and homosexuals are killed? What about the death of intellectualism? The lessening and cheapening of human life?
Look at the Arab world's barbaric legal codes, the marriage of children, the economic practices at every level of Muslim society.
None of this was mentioned by Obama in 2009.
Instead he flattered them. He made up important Islamic contributions to America and to the world we live in.
The fact is: Obama made a disgrace of himself and cheapened America in the Muslim world.
And it's come home to roost.
Even more serious, Obama and Hillary are on a new apology video tour that submits our free speech to Islam which literally imposes a religion on our nation.

Do people realize what is happening?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141,521 - 141,540 of199,130
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Santa Monica Discussions

Search the Santa Monica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Seniors Lack Affordable Housing Options 11 min Frankie Rizzo 19
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 43 min Samuel 17,929
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 2 hr Disgusted 1,241
Great-grandad Mick's ever growing dynasty 2 hr Spikey mite co 10
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 5 hr Pack coal in deeper 7,330
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Wed Hole 15,676
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Apr 19 Drafty 4,559
•••
•••

Santa Monica News Video

•••
•••

Santa Monica Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Santa Monica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••