Child, Infant Shot In Compton

Child, Infant Shot In Compton

There are 48 comments on the Cbs2.com story from Jul 21, 2006, titled Child, Infant Shot In Compton. In it, Cbs2.com reports that:

Two children, including an infant, were wounded in a shooting in Compton Friday, a sheriff's sergeant said.The shooting happened in the 2000 block of North Santa Fe Avenue at about 10 p.m., Los Angeles County ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cbs2.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lynda

Long Beach, CA

#1 Jul 22, 2006
Not at all surprised. The people in Compton are more armed than the local police.
Madeline

United States

#2 Jul 22, 2006
Where are the parents during all of this? Why would they have their children outside at 10:00 p.m. at night. At some point the parents have to take some responsibility. They need to go from house to house and take all weapons away from everyone. We are all tired of this.
whity

Long Beach, CA

#3 Jul 22, 2006
yeah compton is not as bad as before and yeah something I dont like about compton is that the police dosemt patrol the streets and when you call them they ignore you but good place to buy i house cheap and some part of compton are really really cool and nice the weather is better than were i live
janesdean

AOL

#4 Jul 22, 2006
Madeline
Buena Park, CA Reply »
|Flag for Review 5 hrs ago
Where are the parents during all of this? Why would they have their children outside at 10:00 p.m. at night. At some point the parents have to take some responsibility. They need to go from house to house and take all weapons away from everyone. We are all tired of this.

Since the article doesn't give any details, how can you be so sure the parents are responsible/neglectful ? And, it could be that they were inside their house and the shots came through the walls, as we've seen happen before. Personally, I can't see how going door to door taking weapons away from everyone would do any good, how are they going to protect themselves? It's quite tiresome to hear someone living in Buena Park complain that theyre tired of hearing these news stories. I imagine the people living in Compton, or living this nightmare are a little tired of your whining.
nellyn

Tomball, TX

#5 Jul 22, 2006
the reality is you can't go door to door. sometimes there is nothing you an do. just be careful. we can't all just get up and move to nice quiet neighborhoods. no matter what the children are inoscent and helpless.we have to decide when we are going to came together as one and help each other. i also believe its true the police know a lot of whats going on out there.
misha

Tomball, TX

#6 Jul 22, 2006
you know i also think these people doing the shooting should take responsibility. we sometimes cant walk around in daylig
warren

Townsville, Australia

#7 Jul 23, 2006
can white people go into compton?
Scarface

Püspökladány, Hungary

#8 Jul 23, 2006
Yeah right! You mean gangbangers... But think about the people who must live in the danger zone because they're broke. They ain't hoo-bangin I guess. They ain't strapped. Just want to live. Like my cousin who lives near of Kelly Park. He's a peaceful guy.
Peace!
Scarface

Püspökladány, Hungary

#9 Jul 23, 2006
warren wrote:
Man why ya wanna go to the CPT?
Scarface

Püspökladány, Hungary

#10 Jul 23, 2006
Oh, Lynda! There is my answer to u. I just forgot about to send your name.
retiv

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Jul 23, 2006
Scarface wrote:
Yeah right! You mean gangbangers... But think about the people who must live in the danger zone because they're broke. They ain't hoo-bangin I guess. They ain't strapped. Just want to live. Like my cousin who lives near of Kelly Park. He's a peaceful guy.
Peace!

Not everyone is Compton is broke and not every street in Compton is dangerous. Compton is like every other Los Angeles county neighborhood. There have been more killings in Pasadena that Compton this year. The difference is that when someone dies somewhere else it's not news because they don't want to scare the people and businesses (it's all about money. They print it in Compton because the liberals need their causes. Compton is a city of 100,000 people. Twice the size of most surrounding cities. Get shot in Compton get on the news. Get shot in Lakewood, Torrance,Manhattan Beach, Lawndale, and ect. and get put on page A35 in the local paper. Crime happens in these areas, I've read it and talk to the police officers over there. But the residents would stop buying the papers and write the television states if they tried to portay them like they do Compton.
retiv

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Jul 23, 2006
warren wrote:
See them daily due to the housing Market. Many middle class people, like myself have come here because of housing. It is about a 5th of what the paper makes it. I come home a night and it's dead just like the city I leave from Manhattan Beach.
retiv

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Jul 23, 2006
Lynda wrote:
Not at all surprised. The people in Compton are more armed than the local police.
Have you been here? What part? and When. Because I don't see people walking around here with AK-47s. Gangsters have guns. But don't they in your city too? Gang violence is a regional problem. Most of the people I see are getting up and going to work in the morning. By the way they are driving BMWs, Mercades, and ect. Like everyone else.
CAN MAN

Spring Lake, NC

#14 Jul 24, 2006
Madeline wrote:
WHERE OUT SMOKING THAT ROCK
Eric Compton

Victorville, CA

#15 Aug 3, 2006
They say it's racial or gang related. Not always so clear like that. I live here and know what happens personally. One Hispanic shoots a black because he was buying crack and the black decided to take the money and basically "punk" him and think the Hispanic is just a "smoker" but he comes back and shoots up the dope spot. the next day you can feel the tension thick. Blacks are like "it's the fools from **gang x** over there that did it." So they retaliate, shooting out the window screaming "fu*k Mexicans!"
Now the Hispanic gangsters are like "Damn Mayas shot my brother" so they find the next black guy (that looks gang related) and beat or shoot him. It's a never ending vicious cycle. That's how my cousin got killed at age 18 unrelated to gangs and my lil brother beat to a pulp at age 15.
Compton is like Iraq

Inglewood, CA

#16 Aug 7, 2006
Eric Compton wrote:
They say it's racial or gang related. Not always so clear like that. I live here and know what happens personally. One Hispanic shoots a black because he was buying crack and the black decided to take the money and basically "punk" him and think the Hispanic is just a "smoker" but he comes back and shoots up the dope spot. the next day you can feel the tension thick. Blacks are like "it's the fools from **gang x** over there that did it." So they retaliate, shooting out the window screaming "fu*k Mexicans!"
Now the Hispanic gangsters are like "Damn Mayas shot my brother" so they find the next black guy (that looks gang related) and beat or shoot him. It's a never ending vicious cycle. That's how my cousin got killed at age 18 unrelated to gangs and my lil brother beat to a pulp at age 15.
Yeah you are right look I am 16 and live in Compton and when someone gets kiil the police says it Gangrelated or racial and the police cause some of this.Look I am a Latino and my best friend is African-American and when there riots at school I feel bad because we live together and some white folks dosent like us and we are here killing our self instead of getting together and making Compton the best place to live, Stop the Violence and cops you got to patrol our streets
BeverlyHillsCopS eries

San Diego, CA

#18 Nov 30, 2006
janesdean wrote:
Madeline
Buena Park, CA Reply »
|Flag for Review 5 hrs ago
Since the article doesn't give any details, how can you be so sure the parents are responsible/neglectful ? And, it could be that they were inside their house and the shots came through the walls, as we've seen happen before. Personally, I can't see how going door to door taking weapons away from everyone would do any good, how are they going to protect themselves? It's quite tiresome to hear someone living in Buena Park complain that theyre tired of hearing these news stories. I imagine the people living in Compton, or living this nightmare are a little tired of your whining.
Yeah thats true. People that live or lived in the suburbs have no room to talk about inner-city violence. I for one used to live in the Crenshaw District and I am glad we moved.

Black on Black crime and now you got racist Hispanics adding fuel to the fire. Wow.
GetOffTheNews

Norwalk, CA

#19 Nov 30, 2006
Back in the 60s & 70s, it was entirely Black preying on Brown and White. There have always been problems with these groups. We forget to mention all the good Blacks, Latinos, and Whites that grew up in these areas, some stayed other got the hell out - for logical reasons.....some for the big "white flight", others due to higher salaries and stepping up on social economical classes, the violence, or due to attending F***ed up schools and being serviced by lazy and government Compton Offices..........the list is freaking long.
Here is the problem....
As time has gone by, the population has increase making gangs more numerous in Compton and Lynwood. The violence has increased making the streets extremely more dangerous. I have heard these newer gangmembers from Latino gangs that started in the 1980s talk and cry about how much they hate blacks and how they have been discrimated against.....bla...bla ...bla.
If these gang members lived in Compton or Lynwood back in the late 50s, 60s, and 70s, they would know what was real discrimination or being prejudice was all about.
Discrimination is when your your a small child in line at the local market and a black person cuts in front of you telling your mother, "what the F*** you looking at?" In the 1960s, Mexicans mostly dropped out of school not because of not wanting to an education but of the discrimination from Blacks towards latinos. The fist fights were numerous within the various schools. Due to being poor, the majority decided to go drop out and find a job, leaving all the racial school headaches. On this, I dont blame the black community, they had their own angry boiling against white America. Nevertheless, many of these Mexican/Americans, bLacks, and even whites learned a valuable life lesson that is being missed and not preached today. The lesson is that in every culture or race there is good and bad. Today, kids are learning the same old lessons. The problem is that today's problems are not being solved with a fist fight,chains, or a bat......maybe in a blue moon a knife, possibly a zip-gun. Today, the problems are being solved with a AR-15, Street Sweeper, SKS, or any of the generic modified brands of AK-47. Today, the wounds of Compton residents is deeper due to the style of deaths and retaliation. Its like a war. As years goes by, gangmembers and people are losing basic respect taught not only by the gang but the parents...... Dont mess with old people, schools and churches are off limits, your word means everything.........the list goes on with this as well.
Like I said before, Compton and Lynwood need the right people, just that most of them are tired and burnt out from all the crappy politics in the city and the B.S promises from the County Supervisors. Then, we need officers that understand the history and community of the various racial groups.....we just need a lot of good but no one wants to even bother and have just gave up....and I dont blame them
sean

Greenwood Lake, NY

#20 Jan 19, 2007
None of this shit happpens on long island new york except where the the black people live(Amytiville,Roosevelt,Bren tlive) NYC is a nice city except the ghetto parts thought here only a few
sean

Greenwood Lake, NY

#21 Jan 19, 2007
screw LA its NYC

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Monica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Triple the Fund 4 hr Back there 1
Review: Fox Moving & Storage, LLC (Sep '15) Sun PaulaPFaris 36
Country boy comics Alvin G on set of 'All eyes ... Sat HollywoodFinest 1
Disabling security for Clinton server laid out ... Sat Diane 1
Whats your favourite shop to make unique gifts? (Nov '15) Sat text ritter 3
Open Borders Not Brexit Opened The Door to The ... Sat Culture Auditor 1
News Bobbi Brown's First West Coast Beauty Boutique ... Sat beetn off 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Monica Mortgages