Despite debate, Obama will win election

Despite debate, Obama will win election

Posted in the Santa Monica Forum

California

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Oct 4, 2012
We are voting Democratic no matter what.

It doesn't matter who looks more presidential, who has better ideas, who has better command of the stage or who has the nicer smile.
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#2 Oct 4, 2012
California wrote:
It doesn't matter who looks more presidential, who has better ideas, who has better command of the stage or who has the nicer smile.
Sadly, that's the way it is on BOTH sides. Some will ALWAYS vote one way no matter what. Republican every time. Democrat every time. They see no middle ground on this. But sometimes the opposing candidate is better than the default choice.

And it's too bad that we are always stuck with one way or the other. I think American politics is big and mature enough to handle including other third independent parties into the debates. History even has demonstrated this. I'm pretty sure we have had at least one independent president. Some interesting facts. First president George Washington had no party affiliation and warned that they would be a divisive measure among Americans. Abraham Lincoln, regarded as the greatest of the American presidents, was pretty much of an independent party, as he was the first Republican elected to that office.

I have a method. I look at both and think about which one really cares for ALL THE PEOPLE.

And yet at this point in history, with the economy the way it is, neither side is going to pull it off in four years. The only immediate solution is for all parties to tempoairily UNITE and work for the people to get this thing fixed. And that may be a call for something new. I can remember a somewhat "legendary" poster, regarding politics, of the Los Angeles Forum. He made reference to a "co-presidency" in which a president and wife "shared" the office and role. Well, that may be what we need right now. Congress needs to stop bickering and become ONE just long enough to restore this country to the levels it was at before it hit the 2008 stump. A real co-presidency. President Obama-Romney. Or if you like, President Romney-Obama. It really is necessary. But, sadly, I can't see it happening. And, sadly, if Romney does get it this November, I can't see it any better in October 2016.
pfft

London, KY

#3 Oct 4, 2012
The rest of the nation thinks less of Cali because of this too.

Greetings from Kentucky!
California wrote:
mortarmer terd

Long Beach, CA

#4 Oct 4, 2012
Me I'm avotin fer mahself. ya betcha, gonna vote twicet. they aint askin if im registerd en I aint asayin.
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#5 Oct 5, 2012
pfft wrote:
Greetings from Kentucky!
<quoted text>
Hey Kentucky!

I'm right above you in Ohio! Amazing who we all might meet up with way out yonder. I have relatives in Kentucky. The Bluegrass state is awesome! Somerset. Even has a tea named after it.

Interesting fact that I just learned. Kentucky had a 44-year record of always voting for the winner of the presidential elections. But in 2008, that streak came to an end when they chose John Sidney McCain III. We all know Barack Hussein Obama won the presidency.

Did you know that no Republican candidate has ever won the presidential election without carrying the state of Ohio? Both candidates are coming to the Buckeye state like crazy!
itsnotagame

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Oct 5, 2012
pres. Obama lacks the America soul! if you think that if you vote for Obama that you are voting for a democrat???????
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#7 Oct 11, 2012
itsnotagame wrote:
pres. Obama lacks the America soul! if you think that if you vote for Obama that you are voting for a democrat???????
Lucky for the Romney-Ryan campaign that it's not a basketball game. White men can't jump.
anonymous california

Columbus, OH

#8 Oct 11, 2012
pfft wrote:
Greetings from Kentucky!
<quoted text>
Hey pfft,

Y'all got the Vice-Presidential debate in Danville, Kentucky tonite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Monica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Hate does not make America great': Protesters ... 1 hr Jocko 4
Review: KCLA-TV Los Angeles on LA71 2 hr KTLA 5 on LA71 37
News Massive crowd gathers at Pershing Square for Wo... 3 hr tomin cali 4
weed molly xanies bars perks oc and more 5 hr dope 2
Illegal Alien Drug Gangs 9 hr Delta - 1 4
Trump's CIA To Take Gang Leaders 15 hr TANK 4
News Thousands gather in downtown LA for women's march 16 hr Political Atheist 4

Santa Monica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Monica Mortgages