Santa Fe teen killed in wreck Sunday

Santa Fe teen killed in wreck Sunday

There are 17 comments on the Texas Cable News story from Nov 20, 2006, titled Santa Fe teen killed in wreck Sunday. In it, Texas Cable News reports that:

A 16-year-old girl died and three other teenagers were injured in a car accident early Sunday morning just outside of Santa Fe city limits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Texas Cable News.

Jeannie

Houston, TX

#1 Nov 20, 2006
Why is there no comment about the police chasing these kids?
Erik

Houston, TX

#2 Nov 20, 2006
Supposedly, they were running away from the police after stealing alcohol from a conveniant store.
Someone closer

San Leandro, CA

#3 Nov 20, 2006
If you don't know what you are talking about you shouldn't post anything in regards to this accident. Have some respect people.
no comment

Brownsville, TX

#4 Nov 20, 2006
The two girls are good friends of mine and if you cant keep un needed comments to your self then dont post comments you rude inconsiderate people.
no comment

Brownsville, TX

#5 Nov 20, 2006
Someone closer wrote:
If you don't know what you are talking about you shouldn't post anything in regards to this accident. Have some respect people.
im trying to back your comment up i take it you were friends with them too?
Someone closer

San Leandro, CA

#6 Nov 20, 2006
no comment wrote:
<quoted text>
im trying to back your comment up i take it you were friends with them too?
Not friends with the girls, family of one of the people in the car.
A Close Friend

Kearney, MO

#7 Nov 21, 2006
It makes me sick that at something so tragic, some people can be so rude and think anout other things than shutting up and praying
Friends from the lake

Burbank, CA

#8 Nov 22, 2006
Friends from the lake are praying for you, we miss you!
sandy holland

United States

#9 Nov 23, 2006
catherine
we miss you very much.love and wishes to jessica,jenny, and the rest of family and friends.

xoxo, Sandy Holland
Josh Mansfield

Santa Fe, TX

#10 Nov 27, 2006
I am the older brother of the driver of the car in this tragic accident. The victims of this tragedy stretch farther than those four in that car. Catherine i pray you are in heaven with God right now and that you are happy. For your family Im so sorry for your loss.Hopefully this will open peoples eyes. But im not sure that it will. Pain fades but scars remain. Healing takes time, support and prayer. Dont take life for granted, we are not invincible, but everything happens for a reason. I hope we shall find the reason.
Santa Fe Resident

United States

#11 Nov 27, 2006
Very Tragic. When an person is the driver of an automobile that person is responsible for all persons in that automobile.PERIOD.Not to mention he did not even have a drivers license to drive.He should and will be accountable for his actions. His actions caused this wreck.He had over three hundred feet to stop!I seen the wreck site on ave L.He kept the gas pedal floored the whole way not thinking of anyones safety. For his actions a family is burying their daughter. He was driving...He made the choice to drive....He should be held responsible!
Someone closer

San Leandro, CA

#12 Nov 27, 2006
To "Santa Fe Resident", the things you are saying are uncalled for. Were you there? Did you see it happen? No, you did not. Children, teenagers (who are slightly older children), and adults all make mistakes. The driver is holding himself responsible each and every second of each and every day. He does not need people pointing the finger at him and he is not the only one that is responsible. Every person got into that car on their own accord. As for him not thinking of anyone's safety, how dare that assumption be made? Now is not a time to lash out or seek punishment. It is a time to be supportive to all the families affected and pray for them. Life is fragile, NONE of the kids deserved what happened. The choices they made had consequences. Judgment should not be passed unless a person is free from ever having done something they shouldn't have. Understanding and compassion are what is needed right now. PERIOD
Joshua Mansfield

Santa Fe, TX

#13 Nov 28, 2006
Santa Fe Resident wrote:
Very Tragic. When an person is the driver of an automobile that person is responsible for all persons in that automobile.PERIOD.Not to mention he did not even have a drivers license to drive.He should and will be accountable for his actions. His actions caused this wreck.He had over three hundred feet to stop!I seen the wreck site on ave L.He kept the gas pedal floored the whole way not thinking of anyones safety. For his actions a family is burying their daughter. He was driving...He made the choice to drive....He should be held responsible!

My little brother is in a world of guilt and emotional pain you cannot even begin to imagine. Let he without cast the first stone. How dare you judge my brother. Is that your place. My brother cared deeply for everyone and that car. Are you so ignorant to think that he set out intentionally to crash that car and kill an innocent 16 yr old girl. Fuck you. Post your name.
Theresa Taggart

San Antonio, TX

#14 Nov 28, 2006
"Santa Fe Resident" = a dumb ass, that has no compation, no heart, and no understanding.
Iv put myself in each and everyones shoes, and until you do that you have no say on this. I agree with "Someone closer." You have too feel compation, and have understanding to understand this. Obviously you DONT!!!! Period. btw. I live with that driver you speak of. And I see him cry everyday for this mistake. And he will do the same for the rest of his life. But knowing and understanding are two different things. He knows what happend was a mistake, but UNDERSTANDING that he can walk from this with "UNDERSTANDING" is a blessing in its self. Knowing that someone has learned and understood, is reason......to live.
And I also understand that people cant come to an understanding without, swithching shoes or reliveing it all together. So watch what you say and dont put an input out there if you havent been there your self. Catherine was my friend, If her own sibbiling can forgive Mathew than so can others.
Theresa Taggart

San Antonio, TX

#15 Nov 28, 2006
Jeannie wrote:
Why is there no comment about the police chasing these kids?
They werent chasing, they were looking.
Family member

Dallas, TX

#16 Dec 25, 2006
Although the driver is "learning his lesson", a girl is dead. I don't think he should spend years in jail, but some reprecussions must happen. If not him, what about the parents. Yes, we do learn from our mistakes, but Catherine won't have that chance to learn, she's gone. This isn't about casting stones if we are without sin, this IS about a life lost due to irresponsibility. I'm sure the driver cared deeply for these two girls, but what happens in a year or two and this happens again. As a family member, I want to be sure this NEVER happens again. If not for our family, for someone else's family that might have to bury one of their own.
BUSH

Bartlesville, OK

#17 Dec 1, 2008
LONG LIVE BUSH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Fe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i love kickboxing League City (May '16) Jul 28 Exercise farts 20
Jeff Tambrella Convicted of Drunk Driving! (Jul '13) Jul 28 Redneck 9
Felipe or francisco bejarano? Any relatives. El... Jul 27 Looking for a rel... 2
Cervelle Homes - Sedona (Feb '11) Jul 19 Fart decor 97
Review: I Love Kickboxing (Jul '16) Jul 18 Ranked Farts 29
News Endeavour first of many high-rises for Clear Lake (Apr '08) Jul '17 Boners Farti 110
Review: iLoveKickboxing- League City Jun '17 Crouching fart 5

Santa Fe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Fe Mortgages