Over or under: TxDOT contemplates Loo...

Over or under: TxDOT contemplates Loop 375, West Side connection, Chihuahita residents displeased

There are 25 comments on the El Paso Times story from May 2, 2011, titled Over or under: TxDOT contemplates Loop 375, West Side connection, Chihuahita residents displeased. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

This conceptual rendering of Border Highway West shows the depressed option TxDOT is studying to link loop 375 with the West Side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

El Paso, TX

#21 May 3, 2011
It is a historical place people! Why would you bulldoze it down! It might not be a beautiful place, but hey it's historical and for your information "Aliens" have a right to say! Freedom of speech! I say that they put a bridge over it! Not take it down! or as they say, Leave it how it is!

El Paso, TX

#22 May 3, 2011
ok those of you guys talking smack about "Illegal Aliens" that's just so immature how old are you guys 40 or 50? I'm a mexican and you can't even tell I spell better than all of you shit talkers here!
txdot is stupid

El Paso, TX

#23 May 3, 2011
james russell ret wrote:
They can build along the levee if necessary and bring it around to where it intercepts West Paisano near the end of the railroad yards. Why in the world Chihuahita was ever designated as an historical site is beyond understanding. They should have demolished the neighborhood back in 1980 when they thought about it then. Too bad City council was so stupid at the time.
your right james, these texdot people are so stupid. its the border highway. keep it on the border and go over or under the tracks and finish the f_ucking wall in this area so a border patrol agent doesnt have to shoot another thug 14 year old from juarez. god txdot people are so stupid they all need to be fired and especially houghton.

El Paso, TX

#24 May 3, 2011
I don't get what the Chihuahuita residents think is so special about their slum barrio. Don't many of those buildings have just one bathroom that you have to share with everyone on the floor? And no kitchens, just a studio bedroom? What really appalls me is that many of them have been living there for 4 generations?! I bet that they still haven't bothered to learn English after 4 generations either. The 1st generations are here illegally. How many of those residents pay taxes? On welfare, WIC, foodstamps, etc.? Do they even have to pay rent, or is it all Section 8?
Anyway, personally, it's annoying to have to go through all those stop and start intersections downtown along Paisano just to avoid I-10 going from westside to eastside or vice versa. Such a shame, really, as that Border Highway portion of the trip usually runs so fast and smoothly. Such a shame that progress has been hindered for decades just because of some people who don't bother to better themselves because they love their precious barrio so much.

United States

#25 May 4, 2011
It is always the people that have nothing to contribute that ask for the most. They don't want the city or businesses to succeed. Its the EP attitude of putting someone or something down to pick themselves up . Hell, why would these poor non english speaking welfare recipients give a shit? The government didn't give them a car and if they did they still wouldn't give a hell about others and buy car insurance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Fe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shelly Mahle (Nov '13) Tue Melanie 28
Cervelle Homes - Sedona (Feb '11) Oct 25 Maria 83
Engineering Class Survey Oct 24 Bane 1
do not use "the boss tree removing service - g ... (May '13) Oct 23 gentxanon 11
News Texas gas prices within 5 cents of record (Aug '06) Oct 23 exactly 9
Looking for some good people for a fun retail job! Oct 7 SharkMan 1
News Texas City male prison guard faces inmate sex c... (Dec '06) Oct 3 Thanks safp 110

Santa Fe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Fe Mortgages