Police say candidates jeopardizing public's safety

Apr 29, 2009 Full story: The Family Badge

Police officers in Santa Fe, Texas have unleashed a campaign against a father and son vying for seats on the city council and threatening to slash the police departments budget almost in half.

Full Story
Michael Aldous

La Marque, TX

#1 Apr 30, 2009
Voters in the City of Santa Fe,

Early voting for city council and mayor is going great thus far!!!! This years election is very crucial for the city of Santa Fe. You can make a positive impact on Santa Fe by voting for Michael and Warren Aldous.

We can give the citizens of Santa Fe a voice by ultimately re-opening city council meetings for public comments. Additionally, by cutting the Police Department's Budget. The city's current Police Department comprises 47% of the city's entire budget, while every other department in Santa Fe has to split the remaining 53%, this includes the library, street department, city administration, and municipal court.

That is a little more than 1.9 million dollars just to the Police Department each year and every other department has to split the remaining 2.3 million dollars. If the budgetary amounts are not proportional to one another, our city will never have the opportunity to offer it's citizens any infrastructure whatsoever. We have the highest police department budget in the area on a percentage basis. Let's make the budget cuts we need to keep our city thriving.

Thank You for your support,
Michael L. Aldous

Vote Aldous, Aldous, and Young!!!!
AldousHater

United States

#2 May 1, 2009
Mr "Law Graduate",
You really need to re-read your stories before you post them. For someone wanting a position in city council, you have no idea how you type. Run ons, Incomplete sentences and Sentence Fragments are all horrible in here. You might be the smartest moron i know!! Good luck to you and your failure as a city council member.
Joe Citizen

Pearland, TX

#3 May 10, 2009
The voters have spoken, Michael Aldous beaten in the city council race by Jim Abney who received 82% of the votes. The citizens saw through your corruption. Again the voters have spoken..., so you can stop, it's clear no one is listening to you or your fathers bull, oh ya, Warren Aldous also destroyed at the polls.
Laughing

League City, TX

#4 Oct 22, 2013
I bet Warren is proud now that he is divorced and his son is no longer a lawyer and declared bankruptcy. I'd never use Farmers Insurance because of him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Fe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 6 min Fossilfuel 18,425
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 4 hr Liberal forever 22,591
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Gasman 566
jacob wallace- missing!*&only family & friends ... (Jan '14) Sep 15 Clm72 33
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sep 14 That Fart Guy 676
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Sep 10 Gasman 728
Most racist town in Your county Sep 9 Hookem 1
•••

Flood Watch for Galveston County was issued at September 19 at 10:51AM CDT

•••

Santa Fe News Video

•••
•••

Santa Fe Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Santa Fe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Santa Fe News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Santa Fe
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••