Str 8 to the Point

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Having grown up in the fair city of MTB. Gone to school and graduated from Montebello High ( go oilers ).
While shopping at the Town Center on Valentines Day.
Dropped several hundred dollars on jewelry only to find a Chicken S*%## parking violation on the windshield of my vehicle when I come out by some "Revenue Generating" parking enforcement officer for NO Front License Plate ??
Mr. Parking Enforcement Guy. Where is the integrity in the badge?
No Front License Plate ?? WOW that sounds like some REAL crime!!
NO Mr. Parking Enforcment Guy, the REAL CRIME is we will NOT patronize the Town Center Mall. I do not need the Mall, but the City that can't seem to find its own money sure could use the tax revenue , but NOT from me or individuals that I influence.
Imagine what a demoralizing self esteem problem Mr. Parking Enforcement officer must have of him or herself to be put in a Revenue Generating job with a badge.
After speaking with a police officer, it was confirmed that a piece of "Double Backed Tape" would do , as all the "Sign Off" procedure entails is to verify the license plate is on the car. Guess What, AFTER they sign off the ticket, the gracious City of Montebello is able to pilfer $75.00 from me. That's right even AFTER they sign it off. Now that's what I call integrity !!
As much as I hate to admit it , their is some REAL CRIME out their. Lets try and play "Hide and Go Seek" with a million dollars ...ehh ???
settle down

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Settle down. There is a reason there is a law in place for front lic plates. That's why it is in the books. Poor ticket writter is just doing his-her job. I bet when your car gets stolen and used in a crime you would be glad it had a front lic plate to help the cops find it. Now settle down and go shopping at the mall.

PS. Don't park in the red. That's for the fire dept.!
DevilAngel

Mira Loma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Str 8 to the Point wrote:
Having grown up in the fair city of MTB. Gone to school and graduated from Montebello High ( go oilers ).
Dropped several hundred dollars on jewelry only to find a Chicken S*%## parking violation on the windshield of my vehicle when I come out by some "Revenue Generating" parking enforcement officer for NO Front License Plate ??
NO Mr. Parking Enforcment Guy, the REAL CRIME is we will NOT patronize the Town Center Mall. I do not need the Mall, but the City that can't seem to find its own money sure could use the tax revenue , but NOT from me or individuals that I influence.
Imagine what a demoralizing self esteem problem Mr. Parking Enforcement officer must have of him or herself to be put in a Revenue Generating job with a badge.
After speaking with a police officer, it was confirmed that a piece of "Double Backed Tape" would do , as all the "Sign Off" procedure entails is to verify the license plate is on the car. Guess What, AFTER they sign off the ticket, the gracious City of Montebello is able to pilfer $75.00 from me. That's right even AFTER they sign it off. Now that's what I call integrity !!
As much as I hate to admit it , their is some REAL CRIME out their. Lets try and play "Hide and Go Seek" with a million dollars ...ehh ???
hey Crybaby.. put your front plate and be quiet. You are in violation of a Ca Vehicle Code. If u dont like it..go back to mexico.
FRANK724

Montebello, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

Whatever happend to "fix it" tickets??? If the real reason to have a front license plate is to deter crime why charge $75 after its been fixed? Believe it or not a got the same type of citation in front of my own house. I guess city needs money -real bad.
Settle down

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

FRANK724 wrote:
Whatever happend to "fix it" tickets??? If the real reason to have a front license plate is to deter crime why charge $75 after its been fixed? Believe it or not a got the same type of citation in front of my own house. I guess city needs money -real bad.
Good thing I'm around. They charge that amount for a few reasons. The paper they use to write it on is not free. The person who wrote it doesn't do it for free. The car they drove in was not free. The gas they used was not free. The people who process the ticket, you guessed it, don't do it for free. Now that all seems like a lot of trouble for no front license plate but this is a free country and alls the man ask is for us to follow a few simple rules. So settle down. Grab a scewdriver and put your plate on.
nene

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

do u gus know what agency to pay the ticket at i lostmy ticket and its do today, i got it in montebello mall
concerned resident

Cerritos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

nene wrote:
do u gus know what agency to pay the ticket at i lostmy ticket and its do today, i got it in montebello mall
probably Montebello police department
Montebello Resident

Montebello, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Settle down wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing I'm around. They charge that amount for a few reasons. The paper they use to write it on is not free. The person who wrote it doesn't do it for free. The car they drove in was not free. The gas they used was not free. The people who process the ticket, you guessed it, don't do it for free. Now that all seems like a lot of trouble for no front license plate but this is a free country and alls the man ask is for us to follow a few simple rules. So settle down. Grab a scewdriver and put your plate on.
Instead of spending ALL that money for giving chickenshit tickets, don't you think ALL that money would be better served protecting our schools. Get real "settledown", with the mentality you use tying your shoelaces wrong is a citationable offense. Get these stupid ass meter maids out of the mall and put them to better use.
Montebello Resident

Montebello, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Str 8 to the Point wrote:
I would think you are NOT guilty because your citation was written on private property. Use must have a plate displayed on the front and back of your vehicle whenever you drive on public roadways, but since the mall and its parking lot is private property and NOT a public area you are not liable. Who's to say you wanted to take your front plate off to have it measured for for a holder inside a mall store. I'd fight it. As a messenger, I have received many many tickets for parking infractions but have never been found guilty. There is a very simple solution to get out of parking tickets.

“Hilltop Park Above All”

Since: Sep 08

Montebello, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Don't feel you were picked on because you were at the Town Center (Does anyone that you know call it 'the Shops at Montebello'? Only city officials, as far as I know)

The parking and patrolling MPD officers have ALL been watching for no front plate violators, and I haven't been able to get a straight answer as to how many of those specific tickets they are issuing.

One of my friends has an expensive European car that doesn't have a place for a front plate, and she parks facing forward, right up to a wall, if possible, and another car, if not. She keeps the front plate in the front window, but that hasn't deterred her car from getting ticketed.

Lots of other scofflaws beside you are getting ticketed: Big motor homes, trailers, non-Athens trash containers, and other similar things that are parked on the street for longer than 4 hours, dogs that don't have the required city tags, big playhouses that weren't built with a permit, permanently placed awnings and tents in front yards, untrimmed trees and bushes, high weeds, and lots of other things that generate income for this cash-strapped city. Come to city hall to complain as others have done. Supposedly, all the complainers get special attention and review of their situations.

What cost does local control of police have? Your ticket.

“Hilltop Park Above All”

Since: Sep 08

Montebello, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Montebello Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think you are NOT guilty because your citation was written on private property. Use must have a plate displayed on the front and back of your vehicle whenever you drive on public roadways, but since the mall and its parking lot is private property and NOT a public area you are not liable. Who's to say you wanted to take your front plate off to have it measured for for a holder inside a mall store. I'd fight it. As a messenger, I have received many many tickets for parking infractions but have never been found guilty. There is a very simple solution to get out of parking tickets.
The Towne Center is NOT exactly private property. It is city of Montebello and Rosemead bonded redevelopment property. The parking lot, and the inside and outside of the mall are ALL public areas, as defined by law.

You are right about fighting parking tickets. They are often overturned with a defendant who has a good story, mainly because it generally costs more in time to fight a ticket than it does to pay it, and judges generally seem to give the benefit of the doubt to those who take the time to fight them.
jose cruz

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Front plate fell off on a rainy night .Next day 08:42 Iv'e been given a ticket for it.I planned to fight it because same day I re-attached it.
Wonder Why

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

42 yr North Mtb resident wrote:
<quoted text>The Towne Center is NOT exactly private property. It is city of Montebello and Rosemead bonded redevelopment property. The parking lot, and the inside and outside of the mall are ALL public areas, as defined by law.
You are right about fighting parking tickets. They are often overturned with a defendant who has a good story, mainly because it generally costs more in time to fight a ticket than it does to pay it, and judges generally seem to give the benefit of the doubt to those who take the time to fight them.
I fought a wrongly issued "handicapped parking" ticket some years ago. The parking lot had recently been repainted. Only one line in the space had been repainted blue. That line wasn't visible from the viewpoint I was at when I saw the space. There was no sign. The vehicle code # written on the citation was wrong. The officer acknowledged all of this at the traffic court hearing. Still the commissioner said I was guilty. I think traffic court is basically a kangaroo court.
Happy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

You're just upset because you got caught.
You got cited fair and square, its a vehicle code violation
Wonder Why

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Happy wrote:
You're just upset because you got caught.
You got cited fair and square, its a vehicle code violation
It's not "fair and square" when the space isn't properly marked. It's just a sneaky way for parking ticket quotas to be met and municipalities to get revenue. I would not have parked there if I could have seen a "handicapped" marking. Courts, even traffic courts, are supposed to hear evidence and be fair, not just rubber stamp whatever the police officer writes (especially when he even writes the wrong vehicle code number).
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Judged:

The mall is private property: However, there are posted signs stating "obey all traffic laws" which allows them to cite in that private lot.
laurent

Compton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Judged:

Montebello is ran by thieves and crooks. I got a $70 street sweeping ticket.$70! can u imagine? The street signs were all removed for street work ( i took pictures and videos of the street with no street sweeping or no stop signs I also took a picture of a note from the City posted for scheduled work on that day) I got the ticket and the ticket had no phone number, no physical address,,only an automated number to pay the fine with no customer service. I had to look up their number online to actually talk to someone at the Montebello Parkiing enforcement, and even after i contested the ticket with all evidences they denied it. The reason i paid was because i was driving my father's car to a mechanic for maintenance. Im glad we dont live in a city like that
Concerned Bystander

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Judged:

laurent wrote:
Montebello is ran by thieves and crooks. I got a $70 street sweeping ticket.$70! can u imagine? The street signs were all removed for street work ( i took pictures and videos of the street with no street sweeping or no stop signs I also took a picture of a note from the City posted for scheduled work on that day) I got the ticket and the ticket had no phone number, no physical address,,only an automated number to pay the fine with no customer service. I had to look up their number online to actually talk to someone at the Montebello Parkiing enforcement, and even after i contested the ticket with all evidences they denied it. The reason i paid was because i was driving my father's car to a mechanic for maintenance. Im glad we dont live in a city like that
Virtually every block in Montebello has a street sweeping courtesy sign at the beginning and ending of the block. If your block you parked at didn't have a sign, it is incumbent on you to find out when the street sweeping happens.

The rules are much more arcane and Byzantine in Los Angeles, where a parking enforcement officer can virtually issue tickets at will for offenses depending on the time of day or type of vehicle. Montebello's laws are, by contrast, very clear and understandable.

The reason for street sweeping is to keep trash out of the oceans and rivers, and the laws in place that force cities to do so, or pay fines that make $70 seem like chicken feed.
centaur07

Monterey Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Macy parking is in Rosemead jurisdiction and they are very active! I got a "fix it" ticket for expired tags, complained to Towne Ctr Admin and got a gift cert for the amount of the ticket's admin fee. Needless to say, I don't park by Macy's anymore! If we complain enough to Towne Ctr Admin and show them our purchase receipts and that we'll take our business to Santa Anita, those tickets might slow down or stop.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Santa Fe Springs Discussions

Search the Santa Fe Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Fight On 26,727
Giant Ketchup Bottle Draws Tourists in Illinois 2 hr Spotted Girl 3
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 5 hr Se buscan patrocinadores 2,354
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 6 hr Fly straight 200,357
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 6 hr Fly right 4,893
Torrance's meth crackdown (Jul '08) 7 hr Mama Say 206
Mark Halburn 9 hr Tommy 1
•••
•••

Santa Fe Springs News Video

•••
•••

Santa Fe Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••