Julius Caear's Mother -Aurelia Cotta ...

Julius Caear's Mother -Aurelia Cotta Caesar

Posted in the Santa Fe Forum

Julia Dwikat Scalcione

Hollis, NY

#1 Oct 1, 2012
Julius Caesar's signature, if ever found would be priceless and the actual dollar amount rewarded to the person who finds it would easily make him or her the richest person in the world. His beautiful mind is well documented in the many books he wrote describing his experiences and triumphs over the barbarian enemies at that time in Gaul and Britain. His signature is the most sought after signature in the world with the highest price ready for the lucky person who finds it. Wealthy People, Nations, Museums and Universities from around the World would clamor for control of and ownership of it making it essentially priceless.
What about the woman who conceived and carried him? We hardly ever hear about the Mother of Julius Caesar. Who was she? How did she come to have a son whose name would live for eternity as the "greatest man that ever lived' and whose name is still the most famous in the world
Aurelia Cotta was born in Rome around 120 BC into a family of consular ( A consul served in the highest elected political office of the Roman Republic) rank, known as the Aurelii. Her father Lucius Aurelius Cotta served an Consul of Rome in 119, her mother was a lady named Rutilia.
Aureliaís father died when she was a young girl, and her mother Rutilia re-married to one of her late husbandís brothers Gaius Aurelius Cotta. She had three sons with him who all later became Consuls of Rome.
When Aurelia grew up she was renowned for her intelligence and beauty. She caught the eye of Gaius Julius Caesar, a handsome young man whose family had a long history throughout the Roman Republic. The gens Julii claimed descent from Romulus, the legendary founder of Rome, and from Aeneas, son of Venus, a Trojan warrior who was immortalised in Virgilís epic The Aeneid. His family were of consular rank, and Gaius rose from a magistrate Ďpraetoríto become a member of the Senate. Aurelia was very impressed with his family lineage and later claimed it was love at first sight.
Aurelia's marriage produced 3 chldren: Julia Caesaris (major) Julia Caesaris (minor) and Julius her beloved son.
Her husband Gaius, had a steady long standing career in Roman politics and served as proconsul of Asia, and consequently he was often away, Aurelia brought her children up alone with the support of her family the gens Aurelii. Gaius was said to have died suddenly in 85 at Rome while putting his shoes on, in his will he left the majority of his estate to his only son Gaius Julius Caesar.
Ferocious Defender of Son - Throughout her life, Aurelia's primary interest was her Son and his well being and success. When he was still a teenager Caesar fell in love with and married
a young woman named Cornelia. When he was eighteen the then dictator of Rome, Lucius Cornelius Sulla who was a political enemy, ordered Caesar to divorce his wife, Caesar staunchly refused and Sulla proceeded in invalidating his inheritance from his father, Aurelia protested and pleaded her sonís case with the assistance of her brother Gaius Aurelius Cotta, who later became Consul.
The famous Roman historian Tacitus said Aurelia was the ideal Roman woman and thought very highly of her.
Plutarch describes her as a "strict and respectable" woman. He said she was " Highly intelligent, independent and renowned for her beauty and common sense, Aurelia was held in high regard throughout Rome."
I am the direct descendant of Julius Caesar and the Goddess Venus from Ancient Rome and I specialize in cheap affordable accurate psychic tarot card readings from Keen.com 800-ASK-KEEN ext 5855 for only .99 per minute.
also check me out at www.keen.com/julialynn I am on in the evenings after 8pm eastern time to give you the best and cheapest psychic tarot for questions about love, romance, money, job and I am also a pet psychic and can channel your pet, living or dead , through my Tarot Cards for only .99 per min. with the first 3 minutes FREE for first time customers. All Major Credit and Debit cards accepted. Call Tonight!
awesome reader

Ooltewah, TN

#2 Jan 19, 2013
I love this website
impressed Tom

Hollis, NY

#3 May 16, 2014
that is amazing to know. Thank you Julia
chelsea

Monon, IN

#4 Mar 31, 2016
impressed Tom wrote:
that is amazing to know. Thank you Julia
im confused

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Fe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Mexico Legislature sues governor in escalat... Thu UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 19
News Rape kit backlog may be growing, state auditor ... Apr 23 The truth 1
News Lawyer sues 100 ABQ businesses claiming advocac... Apr 19 coyote505 8
Review: Adobe Family Practice - Robert Walantas MD (Jul '11) Apr 12 Really 80
News New Mexico governor warns of furloughs, fiscal ... Apr 6 Yeah 17
drugs Mar 31 hdhwh15 1
Donald Trump for President Mar '17 xxx 6

Santa Fe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Fe Mortgages