Springdale, AR

#1 Dec 30, 2012
Obama to Put “Full Weight” Behind Feinstein Gun Confiscation Plan

Kurt Nimmo
December 30, 2012

President Obama went on Meet the Press Sunday and said he will put his “full weight” behind passing new restrictions on the Second Amendment in 2013.

“I’m going to be putting forward a package and I’m going to be putting my full weight behind it,” he said.“I’m going to be making an argument to the American people about why this is important and why we have to do everything we can to make sure that something like what happened at Sandy Hook Elementary does not happen again.”

During the interview with David Gregory, Obama focused on “assault weapons” and high-capacity magazines. Second Amendment foes routinely describe semi-automatic weapons with cosmetic military features as assault weapons.

“I’ve been very clear that an assault rifle ban, banning these high capacity clips, background checks, that there are a set of issues that I have historically supported and will continue to support,” said Obama.

Obama stressed that he will push legislation within the first year of his second term.“I’d like to get it done in the first year,” he said.“I will put forward a very specific proposal based on the recommendations that Joe Biden’s task force is putting together as we speak. And so this is not something that I will be putting off.”

The president told NBC he believes “responsible gun owners” will agree to the recommendations put forward by vice president Biden’s task force.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, who promised to enact draconian anti-Second Amendment legislation following the Sandy Hook massacre, said on Sunday America needs to “bite the bullet” and restrict the gun rights of Americans.

“America has to bite the bullet of what these incidents mean to our people, to our nation and our nation’s standing in the world,” Feinstein told Fox News Sunday.“When you have someone walking in and slaying in the most brutal way, 6-year-olds, something is really wrong.”

Feinstein said the firearms of law-abiding Americans need to be placed under “appropriate authority.”

On December 27, we reported that Feinstein is in favor of passing legislation that would treat American gun owners as criminals. On her Senate web page, Feinstein stated her proposed legislation will add fingerprinting and photo identification to the National Firearms Act.

The effort to expand firearms registration will include weapons grandfathered prior to the enactment of Feinstein’s proposed legislation.

On December 20, New York governor Andrew Cuomo said the state may confiscate firearms.

“Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it,” the governor said.

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Springdale, AR

#2 Jan 2, 2013
The fact of the matter is, Adam Lanza broke the law 41 times as he carried out his deadly assault on an unsuspecting elementary school. Let's take a look:

Adam Lanza shot his mother,(#1), then stole three of her guns,(#2,#3,#4), then stole her truck,(#5), then illegally transported three weapons,(#6,#7,#8), then carried those weapons to the school without a carry permit,(#9,#10,#11), then broke into the school,(#12), brought those guns onto school property,(#13,#14,#15), then shot 26 more people (#16,#17,#18,#19,#20,#21,#22,# 23,#24,#25,#26,#27,#28,#29,#30 ,#31,#32,#33,#34,#35,#36,#37,# 38,#39,#40,#41).

The Democrat response - PASS ANOTHER LAW. Almost immediately Democrat Senator Feinstein was clear saying that Obama "is going to have a bill to lead on guns because the first day bill I"m going to introduce in the Senate, and the same bill will be introduced in the House; a bill to ban assault weapons."

It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation, and the possession, not retroactively, but prospectively," she said. "And it will ban the same for big clips of more than ten bullets.

"So there will be a bill," the Senator continued. "We've been working on it now for a year. we've tried to take my bill from '94 to 2004 and perfect it. We believe we have. We exempt over 900 specific weapons that will not fall under the bill." In violation of a recent Supreme Court Ruling.

"But the purpose of this bill," she said, "is to get (ALL) weapons of war off the streets of our cities."

Criminal activity is committed by definition by people breaking the law. Therefore no amount of new laws will stop criminal activity.

The major reason Congress did not reauthorize the Assault Weapons Ban is because it proved to be useless and had no effect on illegal gun activity. Criminals continued to commit illegal crimes. But most compelling was the massive amount of data which proved that so called "Assault Weapons" were NOT connected to those crimes. In fact, studies overwhelmingly prove that the owners of the weapons listed in Liberal "Assault Weapon Ban" attempts are owned by LAW ABIDING CITIZENS and are rarely if ever used in criminal activity.

Congress rightly realized that Liberals were not attempting to prevent crime; they were merely attempting to disarm law abiding citizens. And it is happening again. Ultra-liberal gun haters like Senator Diane Feinstein are using the Connecticut tragedy to support their bogus arguments for gun control.

And when Feinstein and Obama say gun control,they really mean NO GUNS FOR ANYONE BUT THE GOVERNMENT ELITE.

The line in the sand is drawn.

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Springdale, AR

#3 Jan 4, 2013
“To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them.”— George Mason, 1788

“A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves…and include all men capable of bearing arms.”— Richard Henry Lee, 1788

“Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.”— Tench Coxe, 1788

“The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves,…or they may act by representatives, freely and equally chosen; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed…”— Thomas Jefferson, 1824

“That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms…”— Samuel Adams, 1850

"that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed…", Says it all.

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Springdale, AR

#4 Jan 23, 2013
Appeasing the Left is what got us into this mess.

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Manassas, VA

#5 Mar 1, 2015
I'm with ya brother.
Major Tom

United States

#6 Mar 15, 2015
Are you stirring up the lefties in Santa Fe again?

Keep them on their toes.

Santa Fe, NM

#7 Mar 16, 2015
of town loony toons muttering to themselves

Manassas, VA

#9 Mar 22, 2015
What? Is your fan club not as big?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Fe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Santa Fe Music Thread (Jan '14) Mar 13 Musikologist 9
Review: Adobe Family Practice - Robert Walantas MD (Jul '11) Mar 6 Mary 82
Marvin Cde Baca Feb '18 RustySabitch 2
Santa Fe Cigar - Jon Randy Kniss (Sep '14) Feb '18 Anonymous 3
News Pojoaque Bible Church moves to SPMDTU Hall (May '09) Jan '18 Living by grace 3
News Losing their kicks? Funds for Route 66 towns ma... (May '17) Jan '18 Knightkore 12
News Bill would require post-high school plan Jan '18 yuk - yuk - yuk 14

Santa Fe Jobs

Personal Finance

Santa Fe Mortgages