Cat shot with arrow on Santa Cruz's Westside

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

Animal Services officers are searching for the owner of a cat that died Sunday after someone shot him with a bow and arrow on the Westside of Santa Cruz, authorities reported.
Comments
21 - 40 of 67 Comments Last updated Nov 21, 2013
local

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

focus....people focus... They is a sicko with a crossbow shooting at living things with a crossbow catch him now before they move onto to bigger prey ! like kids and grownups !
Not Again

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

This reminds me of that classic John Prine tune "Some Humans Aren't Human". Cryin' shame.
Lucas

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Maybe someone got tired of the un-neutered cat defecating in their yard and killing all of the songbirds in the area.
what next

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Hear Me wrote:
When I was young, I had a (not close) neighborhood friend whom I later avoided, once it was revealed that he like to whack random small animals (rabbits, stray cats) with a bow and arrow.
My family moved out of that neighborhood. I later learned that the kid had grown up to enlist as a paratrooper, so he could go to Vietnam and whack people with a machine gun. However, they shot back, and he died there.
Yes, he was white. No gangs. Just desire to kill.
serial killers start with animals. when a cat is no longer a thrill. what next?
loweroceanlocal

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

loweroceanhypocrite wrote:
<quoted text>
Class racist. You are no better then those you trash.
wrong. i said nothing against the whole group of yuppies. the fact is, i a middle class guy myself. there is nothing wrong with being ambitious and trying to earn money, that being said. the west side, is mostly a middle class neighborhood, with a mixture of middle and upper middle class folks hanging out, with a few pockets of poor people. being that it happened on the west side, it is a good chance they were middle class or upper middle class. a crossbow is an expensive weapon. someone with disposable income most likely would own such a weapon, in all likely hood it would be one of their children that did such a thing. it is pure reasoning. not that i would have said it at all, if someone else hadn't made a stupid remark and made blanket statements against two groups of people... all i did was offer an alternative opinion. i come from an upper middle class family, lived in an upper middle class neighborhood as a preteen, and saw the middle class kids doing such things with bb guns, etc. it happens in all classes of people from rich to poor. the comment was rhetorical and meant to show the previous poster what he sounded like.
loweroceanlocal

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

tinfoil hat wrote:
<quoted text>
Your anger is misdirected - loose the chip and grow up a little.
are you still talking about me?? dude, you really are obsessed, knock it off already. sheesh, you have serious issues.
loweroceanlocal

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
loweroceanlocal wrote in another topix forum in defense of Wes Modes:
um yeah right, if he were charging for teaching these skills that would be true, but he will tell you how to do all of this stuff for free, and tell you where to find recycled goods to do it with, so it costs way less than hiring some contractor, and buying supplies at home depot. try again... you obviously do not know wes modes.
Obviously loweroceanlocal is Wes Modes friend Enough said!
and obviously you do not know anything about wes modes and should go and meet and spend some time around the man, so you could know how truly foolish you sound.
loweroceanlocal

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Revise and resubmit wrote:
<quoted text>
No Better? Lower ocean is a poor excuse for a human being! Try lower form of life.
and i see you feel the the sophmoric need to act like a teenaged bully and throw insults around the internet. yes, this , my dear friend is a fine example of adult behavior... NOT!. GROW UP. and please quit talking about me, this is about a cat shot with a crossbow on the west side. quit trying to make it about me, you people do this on every thread and it is ridiculous.
lower

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

ADD or OCD?
Animal Lover

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Stupid post.

This kitty was obviously dumped by someone too lazy to have it altered. Anyone who dumps an animal with the belief that will resort to its wild behavior, be able to hunt for food, and survive just fine, is NUTS.

Praying that this sweet kitty is in a better place. Knowing that it spent its final moments in the hands of those who care about animals, helps - just a little.

Thanks, Todd, for all you do for our helpless animals.
(A former ASA volunteer)
puss_lover wrote:
Hope they catch the person(s) responsible. On the other hand, intact cats can be a nuisance and can cause expensive injuries to other cats when they fight for territory. I think the sling-shot,(but not at full force) is a humane way from keeping a ornery unwelcome cat from sending your favorite puss to the vet hospital.
Animal Person

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Lucas,

Perhaps you are as uncaring as the killer.

For those wishing to remove a stray kitty from one's property, simply call Animal Services and ask to borrow a trap. If none is available, call the Santa Cruz SPCA. Both agencies are more than willing to aid the public in trapping stray kitties, getting them off the streets, and relieving their suffering. Killing them, which may result in extreme suffering before death, is not the answer.
Lucas wrote:
Maybe someone got tired of the un-neutered cat defecating in their yard and killing all of the songbirds in the area.
archery guy

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Thats a crossbow bolt, not an arrow.
Beckys Johnson

Garden Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

loweroceanlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
it was probably a yuppy's child that did this.
Shut your cake hole and leave already.
Floyd

Danville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Lucas wrote:
I think we have our first suspect.
loweroceanlocal

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Beckys Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut your cake hole and leave already.
oh come on you can do better than that now can't you??
Aqua Marine

Felton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

If this "person" is caught let's give him some of that bad LSD and he can castrate himself.
These Slay

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

It has been deteremined that the children of yuppie bowels are responsible. An order has been declared by proper authorities to round them up.
TomT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Poor cat...
Hope this nut ball gets caught before he/she goes for bigger game..
Out of Your Minds

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Animal Lover wrote:
Stupid post.
This kitty was obviously dumped by someone too lazy to have it altered....
<quoted text>
Wrong, wrong assumption.

I know, and have known, plenty of people who "sort of" keep a cat, but they will deny that the cat is theirs. I mean those who start feeding a cat that's hanging around their home, and then they start letting it in the house and treating it as a pet. They'll even give it a name. But they don't take it to the vet for vaccinations or other health care. They may or may not treat it for fleas. They certainly don't bother to have the cat fixed. They might tell themselves that it really belongs to a neighbor who neglects the thing. Or they'll say it's "the neighborhood cat." If the cat doesn't show up for food one day, it's of no concern...because the cat was never theirs, right?

Sound familiar? It should, because it is very, very common.

And then there are all the renters and temporary residents (students, etc.), who get a kitten, keep it (unfixed, of course) until they decide to move on...and just leave it behind. Those are the "dumpers." But somehow I think that the former are the more evil people. They are much more numerous.
Out of Your Minds

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

These Slay wrote:
It has been deteremined that the children of yuppie bowels are responsible. An order has been declared by proper authorities to round them up.
You don't have a very good grasp of biology, TS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Santa Cruz Forum right now

Search the Santa Cruz Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TBSC compared to NEO NAZIS 10 min Helms-enator 111
Calif. 911 Dispatchers Get Wacky Calls (Aug '06) 1 hr Donny B 7
What is John Colby's excuse for 21 Yrs unemployed (Apr '13) 4 hr DBS 63
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr Appeals 200,336
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 5 hr roaster 7,846
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 7 hr Remote 15,917
3 cheers for Robert Norse (Jun '13) 10 hr Hail Yes 228
Archive for Jim Spring posts (Dec '13) 13 hr Donny B 693
•••
•••
•••
Santa Cruz Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Santa Cruz Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000