Cat shot with arrow on Santa Cruz's Westside

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

Animal Services officers are searching for the owner of a cat that died Sunday after someone shot him with a bow and arrow on the Westside of Santa Cruz, authorities reported.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of67
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Quimby

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

A new low for the trash in this town. Yuppies might be jerks, but at least they are recognizable as humans. It'll be a great day when all the hillbillies and gangsta wanabe's are pushed out of the area.
loweroceanlocal

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Quimby wrote:
A new low for the trash in this town. Yuppies might be jerks, but at least they are recognizable as humans. It'll be a great day when all the hillbillies and gangsta wanabe's are pushed out of the area.
it was probably a yuppy's child that did this.
Monkey

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

loweroceanlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
The cat was shot with a crossbow, as indicated by the bolt (arrow) in the photo. That might be a yuppie child, but it's more likely a redneck. There can't be too many folks in town who own crossbows.
sheesh

South San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

loweroceanlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight - it's wrong for people to bash Mexicans, but it's okay for you to bash a class of people? Jeezuz, you are SUCH a hypocrite.
Posting FROM Santa Cruz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Yep a bolt. I'm a redneck but I don't own a crossbow. Poor me.
Out Of Your Minds

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

DNA testing on the arrow? Are you serious? DNA testing is parceled out carefully for crimes against humans, because of the expense involved (the test and the manpower to run comparisons against a database). And does anyone really think that the person who did this is likely to BE in the database?

I think those folks in Animal Services watch too much television.

When my dog was shot (county, not city), Animal Services refused to look into it, even though I was 99.9% sure who did it. So excuse me if I am just a LITTLE bitter about the subject.

Okay, so I'm sad for the cat. Whoever did that is pond scum, but it's very likely to be a teenaged boy trying out his new bow and arrow. Are you hoping that Mom and Dad turn the kid in, AS? Good luck with that.

As for it possibly being a neighbor of the (extremely irresponsible, negligent) cat owner, I could see that. I am not advocating the harming of cats, but I am sick to death of seeing them on my property. Any cat who turns up at my place is not going to be treated nicely.

Cat owners, KEEP YOUR ANIMALS INDOORS. And SPAY AND NEUTER the little breeders. This cat was not fixed. It might not have been roaming where it shouldn't have been had the owners been responsible people and de-sexxed their pet.
The Scream

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

No, it's them dang NATIVE AMERICANS. Send them back to.... oh, wait.

Lots of snark above, obviously. Sorry for the kitty. Not sorry for the kid who will eventually be caught.
loweroceanlocal

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight - it's wrong for people to bash Mexicans, but it's okay for you to bash a class of people? Jeezuz, you are SUCH a hypocrite.
i did not bash any class of people, what are you referring to. given that the west side is mostly middle and upper middle class, and crossbows are expensive, i would put two and two together. most likely a family with some disposable income, that could afford a crossbow, did this. maybe a a family with two parents working full time, and kids with no adult supervision.
whats - happening

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Is this a "new" gang initiation for grade school kids? Too young to kill a human yet?
Out Of Your Minds

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

tinfoil hat wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe a disaffected local with a chip the size of texas on his shoulders?
BTW - its a crossbow arrow. I bet all the kids know who has a crossbow in the
area. They aren't that popular.
Popular with pig hunters, though. There used to be a crossbow hunter who advertised locally that he'd come and shoot nuisance feral pigs for you.

It's interesting that it wasn't mentioned in the article that it's a crossbow arrow. you'd think that AS would consult a hunter.
loweroceanlocal

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

tinfoil hat wrote:
<quoted text>
How about anyone (even a kid) with a job, or willing to steal. That would include you right? Or do I have to include people getting cash payments from the state.
yes i suppose it could have been a kid that stole. i actually would never even have mentioned yuppies except that the poster i responded to automatically made assumptions so i just gave another idea. you seem to be obsessed with me, and finding ways to put me down, i suggest you find a healthier hobby. have a nice day.
four twenty

Soquel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's just wrong to bash Mexicans--period. Can't believe I even have to tell you this!
Hear Me

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

When I was young, I had a (not close) neighborhood friend whom I later avoided, once it was revealed that he like to whack random small animals (rabbits, stray cats) with a bow and arrow.

My family moved out of that neighborhood. I later learned that the kid had grown up to enlist as a paratrooper, so he could go to Vietnam and whack people with a machine gun. However, they shot back, and he died there.

Yes, he was white. No gangs. Just desire to kill.
sounds of silence

Boulder Creek, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Very sad article; but this sentence got to me:

"The shooter could face a charge of animal cruelty, which can be a misdemeanor or a felony, as well as weapons charges for using a bow and arrow in the city limits."

Oh. Okay. I am getting rid of my sling-shot right away.....
Deporto

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

No but the increase in crime is attributed to gang violence which is mostly Mexican gangs. Look at the Sheriff's arrest log on line and count how many Hispanics are being arrested for violent crimes and you will see what I mean. Deporting some will help. Not sending our jobs to china and India will help too.
four twenty wrote:
<quoted text> No, it's just wrong to bash Mexicans--period. Can't believe I even have to tell you this!
Harbor Donkey

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Poor Cat. Somebodies parents aren't paying enough attention to Junior.
loweroceanhypocr ite

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

loweroceanlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
Class racist. You are no better then those you trash.
Devlin Syde

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

loweroceanlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad I made it in time for tonight's round of "Spot the Hypocrite"
Revise and resubmit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

loweroceanhypocrite wrote:
<quoted text>
Class racist. You are no better then those you trash.
No Better? Lower ocean is a poor excuse for a human being! Try lower form of life.
Yep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

loweroceanlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
loweroceanlocal wrote in another topix forum in defense of Wes Modes:

um yeah right, if he were charging for teaching these skills that would be true, but he will tell you how to do all of this stuff for free, and tell you where to find recycled goods to do it with, so it costs way less than hiring some contractor, and buying supplies at home depot. try again... you obviously do not know wes modes.
Obviously loweroceanlocal is Wes Modes friend Enough said!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of67
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Santa Cruz Forum right now

Search the Santa Cruz Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Take Back Santa Cruz/Greiner Archive (Sep '13) 5 min Mike Basil 541
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Jenwilliams2014 199,080
Epicenter Blog: Remembering the Barn in Scotts ... (Nov '09) 5 hr Barbara Bentley 16
City Council: Plastic bags to stay in Scotts Va... 5 hr John Colby 3
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 13 hr Activity 15,657
SV Teacher "Buzz" still stalking topix users 17 hr The Original Buzz 144
The first Marijuana vending machine---- Thu Jeffry Helms 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Santa Cruz Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Santa Cruz People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE