Santa Cruz police light up camping protest with floodlights

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

The day a convicted child molester was arrested at a homeless camping demonstration on the City Hall lawn, Santa Cruz police officers hauled in large floodlights to illuminate the protest.
Comments
181 - 199 of 199 Comments Last updated Friday Jun 27
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“Pearls before swine”

Since: Mar 08

Santa Cruz, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Judged:

NOT SO FAST WRITES: "She's also the single most biased person who has more to gain by lying about him."

BECKY: a FAMILY MEMBER is always considered biased. But a family member is also considered more knowledgable too. So?

I gave TWO SIDES of the same story. The cops and the SENTINEL gave ONE SIDE. I think I'm being more faithful to the truth. I don't know the ultimate truth. But I do know that police lie and police press releases lie. And just because it's reported in the SENTINEL doesn't mean it's accurate.

Why don't you practice a little skepticism too?
Siler

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Judged:

Silly BJ, did you just pick a new bouquet of lies and now you're dizzy from bending over?
Common Sense

Loomis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Judged:

Gail Levey wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually BJ, the question is, did HE tell HER the truth? Unlikely BJ.
And morally, I agree with you completely, you are indeed a criminal. I hope you go to jail for a long, long time.
Have you made any progress in finding safe housing for the elderly and infirm campers you used? Are you trying? Have you brought them home to stay with you? Why not?
I wonder if BJ tried to help that Peacecamp homeless lady that got beat up by her husband? Probably NOT!
Dr Naive

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Judged:

Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know Ed beyond giving each other a curt nod as we pass by. I'm one of the evil bureaucrats to him and he's another dingbat to me. I don't recall ever having a conversation with him. Do you think that he sees himself as the fearless leader or that HUFF pushes him into that spot because they see him as someone credible with name recognition? They frequently have Paul Lee's and Paul B's support (I think) but I'm not sure there is anyone else associated with homeless issues that will have anything to do with this stuff.
This has been going on since at least the early 80s. I agree that it will never stop and that there will always be a new enemy to attack. They don't know how to do anything else.
If Paul Lee and Paul Brindel actually support this "protest," they may want to step up and publicly proclaim so. Easy to do. No doubt the blessed Sentinel would be interested.

"PeaceCamp2010" was no Ghandi or MLK modeled event. There was no monitoring to speak of for most of it's timeline. We may assume that initiator Frey and proclaimed co-leaders Norse and Johnson did not need to sully themselves with the trivia of operations. It was promoted as some kind of consensus-run affair. Hence, the police were called to break up fights, there was damage done to property, filth and litter was in abundance, etc., etc.

Frey fancies himself a radical, and that's probably how he justifies his lack of above board fair play. He's an unrepentant, unapologetic scoundrel multiple times over, and unless you're into the "he's our scoundrel" style of politics, beware.

Can you see around the corner? Likely not, and that's how far to trust Frey, within eyesight and earshot. And be ready to be BSed.

Always remember it's the fault of all the fascists-in-liberal-clothing out there that this farce-fest was necessary, and any allegations of shortcomings during the farce-fest are the fault of all the corporate-stooge fascists out there looking to escape their grievous anti-homeless culpability.
Donny B

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Judged:

Becky Johnson wrote:
BECKY: For some reason I haven't been cited yet. Yet I've slept illegally and now "trespassed" at the formerly public space which the Parks and Rec czarina, DANNETTE SHOEMAKER shut down minus any public hearings. I guess they prefer to arrest me for hopscotching and for singing---I'm SUCH a criminal!!!
Actually, BJ.... You're a pear-asite. The reason you weren't cited was that you were at home in bed while the homeless were at the protest site.
Donny B

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Judged:

Buzz wrote:
Becky you do so much harm in rallying people against your cause(s). You'd be much better off if you'd just "stick A pear in it", and I don't mean your tailpipe!
TAILPIPE!!!
Donny B

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Judged:

Becky Johnson wrote:
NOT SO FAST WRITES: "She's also the single most biased person who has more to gain by lying about him."

BECKY: a FAMILY MEMBER is always considered biased. But a family member is also considered more knowledgable too. So?

I gave TWO SIDES of the same story. The cops and the SENTINEL gave ONE SIDE. I think I'm being more faithful to the truth. I don't know the ultimate truth. But I do know that police lie and police press releases lie. And just because it's reported in the SENTINEL doesn't mean it's accurate.

Why don't you practice a little skepticism too?
BJ... The READERS of Topix forums practice skepticism all the time when it relates to your posts. We know that YOU lie, distort, and spin. And just because it's reported by YOU doesn't mean it's accurate.
Donny B

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Judged:

Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if BJ tried to help that Peacecamp homeless lady that got beat up by her husband? Probably NOT!
Of course not! BJ doesn't do anything substantive. After all, SHE is an "advocate" (i.e. she pays lip service to the issues).
Bears Repeating

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2010

Judged:

BJ wrote:'I donīt know the ultimate truth.'

Darn right you donīt. About time you admitted it.
And quit saying you know Greer hasnīt molested anyone since age 14. You donīt know. The likelihood is he HAS reoffended. At any rate, he DID fail to register. He was arrested. Justifiable and appreciated by parents everywhere.

“Pearls before swine”

Santa Cruz, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

Judged:

So you want proof that Mark Greer, 29, is NOT on Megan's List? Check for yourself:

see: http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/search_main.aspx...

Now if you want PROOF that his true crime was to get his gf pregnant when he was 14, call ZACH FRIEND yourself at SCPD administration at 8threee1-42zero-581zero. ZACH FRIEND can confirm that GREER did not molest any child and should not be considered a "child molester."
another_voice

Cupertino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

Judged:

Becky Johnson wrote:
So you want proof that Mark Greer, 29, is NOT on Megan's List? Check for yourself:
see: http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/search_main.aspx...
Now if you want PROOF that his true crime was to get his gf pregnant when he was 14, call ZACH FRIEND yourself at SCPD administration at 8threee1-42zero-581zero. ZACH FRIEND can confirm that GREER did not molest any child and should not be considered a "child molester."
But BJ, you have said over and over that the police lie. Now you're asking us to treat Zach Friend as an authoritative source. Which is it, BJ? Are the police liars or aren't they?

“Pearls before swine”

Santa Cruz, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

Judged:

ANOTHER VOICE WRITES: "But BJ, you have said over and over that the police lie. Now you're asking us to treat Zach Friend as an authoritative source. Which is it, BJ? Are the police liars or aren't they?"

BECKY: I'm sure ZACH FRIEND will tell you the truth on this point. He was already accosted for "lying" and now, fears a lawsuit. However, if he DOES say that GREER is a "child molester" then let me know. The party interested in the lawsuit would be very interested in knowing that he's gone back to his original, fraudelent claim.
another_voice

Cupertino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

Judged:

Becky Johnson wrote:
ANOTHER VOICE WRITES: "But BJ, you have said over and over that the police lie. Now you're asking us to treat Zach Friend as an authoritative source. Which is it, BJ? Are the police liars or aren't they?"
BECKY: I'm sure ZACH FRIEND will tell you the truth on this point. He was already accosted for "lying" and now, fears a lawsuit. However, if he DOES say that GREER is a "child molester" then let me know. The party interested in the lawsuit would be very interested in knowing that he's gone back to his original, fraudelent claim.
So are we to check in with you to learn when to believe the police and when not to? And accosted? Really? By whom? Is accosting someone okay in your book?
Siler

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

Judged:

Becky Johnson wrote:
see: http://www.meganslaw.ca
Ah BJ, you've sunk too low trolling the perverts' list for dates.

“Pearls before swine”

Santa Cruz, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

You'd think the SENTINEL writer would have checked Megan's list before publishing that GREER is a "convicted child molester" when that is clearly not the case. FRIEND has backed off from that claim as well. There was absolutely NO JUSTIFICATION for the Klieg Lights which were obviously set up to harass the protesters.
ANON

Walnut Creek, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2014

Judged:

Blast O bigit PAST
ANON

Walnut Creek, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2014

Judged:

I member dah lites mang
John Colby

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2014

Judged:

Help! I fell into Phatty's stinking STD-ridden clam and can't get out!
Craig

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jun 27

Judged:

Thanks for bringing this one back up, Anon.

This thread contains one of BECKY's Greatest Hits. You know, the one where she accused homeless activists of "Blowing an innocent puppy"

She's such a moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Santa Cruz Forum right now

Search the Santa Cruz Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is DBS a Good Employee? (Jul '12) 15 min DBS 147
Buzz stalks as "John Colby" 54 min Culo de Chongo 97
Buzz also stalks as "Culo de Chongo" 58 min Culo de Chongo 13
Who got John Colby booted out of MGA (Dec '13) 1 hr Donny B 10
SCPD Refuses to answer John Colby's phone calls (Oct '13) 1 hr Donny B 5
Robert has found another victim to exploit. (Aug '13) 1 hr Donny B 18
DBS called Colby? (Jan '13) 1 hr Donny B 13
Does Aaron Whiting have a trust fund? 2 hr John Colby 258
•••