Santa Cruz police light up camping pr...

Santa Cruz police light up camping protest with floodlights

There are 199 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Aug 19, 2010, titled Santa Cruz police light up camping protest with floodlights. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

The day a convicted child molester was arrested at a homeless camping demonstration on the City Hall lawn, Santa Cruz police officers hauled in large floodlights to illuminate the protest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Since: May 08

United States

#1 Aug 19, 2010
Now blast em with Manilow, chanting monks, and classical!(for their entertainment)
smoked out

Henderson, NV

#2 Aug 19, 2010
now where does the molester go, oh yeah, the palomar
with the rest of them. check out their list
Mo Betta

Newark, CA

#3 Aug 19, 2010
Soylent Green wrote:
Now blast em with Manilow, chanting monks, and classical!(for their entertainment)
Even better: "You light up my life."
Claire

AOL

#4 Aug 19, 2010
Im surprised no one has mentioned drums(as in drumming circle) as a source of annoyance. Where are the drummers when you need them? Or, how about a recording of a dripping faucet....that works for me!
torture em with

Mountain View, CA

#5 Aug 19, 2010
How about the Pan flute ....or some songs by David Hasselhoff or William Shatner...ahhhhhhhhhh

Since: May 08

Santa Cruz, CA

#8 Aug 19, 2010
Good job, SCPD, keep it up.

I'm sure Johnson or Norse will be in Topix shortly about how this is torture under the Geneva Convention or some such.

I hope the judges don't toss out the citations the SCPD is issuing. These folks at city hall don't want to be sheltered; they want to revoke the camping ban.

Imagine what Santa Cruz would look like if that were to happen.
Enough is Enough

Courtland, CA

#9 Aug 19, 2010
Scrape the bums off the ground and take them to the dump.
Buzz

Emeryville, CA

#10 Aug 19, 2010
It's about time. Bumfest 2010 wore out its welcome over a month ago. My wife, far more tolerant and compassionate than I, thinks that the protesters made a better case for continuing the camping ban than ending it. Thank you, HUFF.

I have noticed that in the Senile, the peace camp has become the so called peace camp. The verdict is in; another Robert Norse/Becky Johnson production down in flames.

Maybe Chris Doyon and the other out-of-area freeloaders will go home.
Sunny Johansson

Santa Cruz, CA

#12 Aug 19, 2010
Soylent Green wrote:
Awww, come on - chanting monks are so Peaceful - they'll love it.
Living Somewhere Else

Fremont, CA

#13 Aug 19, 2010
How about the Pan flute ....or some songs by David Hasselhoff or William Shatner...ahhhhhhhhhh

I am thinking recordings of yapping dogs and then howling cats, all night long. AND
Start watering the area at night.
seriously

Santa Cruz, CA

#14 Aug 19, 2010
just make a place for these people to sleep already and let our beloved council get back to doing the peoples work like plastic bag policing and toilet inspections parking tickets and such.
or the big one impeaching bush for what obama has been doing

i hear obama is going on his ninth vacation of the summer now thats a solution we can all agree on
peace

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Eastsider

San Jose, CA

#15 Aug 19, 2010
$100 a night for lights? Where do I donate money.

....so when do the sprinklers go off.
aptos mom

Brentwood, CA

#17 Aug 19, 2010
seriously wrote:
just make a place for these people to sleep already and let our beloved council get back to doing the peoples work like plastic bag policing and toilet inspections parking tickets and such.
or the big one impeaching bush for what obama has been doing
i hear obama is going on his ninth vacation of the summer now thats a solution we can all agree on
peace
solution...the whIte house has a big front lawn..room for all
Where to move

Santa Cruz, CA

#18 Aug 19, 2010
When they started at the courthouse, everyone doing county business got to see what these bums were really about. Now everyone going down to city hall gets to see what these bums are like. Next week maybe they can move to the metro station. The funny part is that the local libs, that haven't seen for themselves what these bums are really like (fighting, yelling profanaties at everyone, trashing the place, long long list) are still sympathetic towards the scum bags. Yet the libs that have actually seen the bums antics have changed their mind and finally are beginning to see what a liberal progressive attitude will become......Santa Cruz is a haven for scum bags because of the liberal attitude. So, just move the protest every month until everyone sees for themselves what this town is becoming. A sanctuary for scum.
Buzz

Emeryville, CA

#19 Aug 19, 2010
If someone would compile a tape of Becky Johnson's recorded interviews and other rants, then play that over the loudspeakers on an endless loop, the "protesters" would be gone in under an hour.
Soquel Local

Hollister, CA

#20 Aug 19, 2010
All you have to do is close the Coral St Shelter and this nightmare will end. Is it just too obvious where all of the problems stem from? The people running Coral are the worst form of enablers and should be thrown out on their collective backsides.
Soquel Local

Hollister, CA

#21 Aug 19, 2010
torture em with wrote:
Let us not forget Pat Boone doing Led Zeppelin!
Fed UP SC Native

Santa Cruz, CA

#22 Aug 19, 2010
YEEEHAW!!!
Slvr B

Santa Cruz, CA

#23 Aug 19, 2010
Bout time
OCEAN STREET LOCAL

Brentwood, CA

#24 Aug 19, 2010
arrest their asses for trespassing or loitering! I

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kahnjob loses in Court AGAIN 1 hr The Truth Hurts 8
Why does Robert Kahnjob exploit FAT deranged PIGS (Jun '15) 4 hr My favorite gun moll 59
FAT Pat has replaced FAT BJ. 4 hr My favorite gun moll 20
News PVUSD ranks 15 among state's 97 districts that ... (Feb '08) 6 hr Daniel Gonzalez 17
Occupy 2 summoned 9 hr WooF 12
Did FAT Pat get evicted yet? 12 hr Woof 3
Another Bumfest failure. (Sep '15) 12 hr WooF 126
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Cruz Mortgages