Brenda, the pit bull/boxer mix, is a ...

Brenda, the pit bull/boxer mix, is a bundle of love

There are 68 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Jul 20, 2008, titled Brenda, the pit bull/boxer mix, is a bundle of love. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Brenda is a young spayed female pit bull/boxer mix whose favorite trick is trying to maneuver her 70-pound body onto your lap, according to the Tricia Geisreiter of Santa Cruz County Animal Services.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
bobby

United States

#66 Jul 1, 2010
If uve never had a pit then shut your mouth! I recently got a pit bull boxer mix and he is the sweetest little thing! He's only 5 months old, so smart and so good with little children and babies. Best dog I've ever had by far. Your a freaking idiot if u think all of them are mean. Its all bout how u raise them. So if uve never had one you have no room to sayin any thing about them.
PitGramma

Chicago, IL

#67 Aug 3, 2010
MsLadyRCS wrote:
I currently own a full blooded male American Stafford/Chinaman pit & a 3/4 pit 1/4 boxer mix puppy. My Chinaman was raised as a fighting dog before I got him. He is the most loving, gentle, gracious dog I have ever owned. He actually thinks he is a lap dog. He is nothing but a HUGE baby. My pit/boxer puppy is the same way. He is very affectionate. He actually wants to be held all the time. Everyone who posted that its how the owner raises them is absolutely CORRECT. If you teach your children to be bullys then they will be bully. If you teach them to have respect then they will have respect. Animals are the same way, no matter whether its a pit, a rottweiler, a poodle, a pug, etc. All dogs can be aggresive & viloent when taught to be. If you love them, care for them, & treat them with respect. Then you will get that in return. The old saying"you get what you give", so TRUE. So until you own a pit my advice to you is to keep your mouth shut until you know EXACTLY what you are talking about.
My big 10 month old pitty (named Pooh Bear) thinks he's a lapdog too. And he's the best behaved, fastest learner in our obedience class. While the other "parents" are trying to get theirs to sit, mine is well into several minutes of "stay" waiting for everyone to catch up so he can be "released". He is sweet and cuddly and just wants to please me. Ridiculously easy to train -- that's probably why they can be forced into service as fighters.
haters

United States

#68 Sep 20, 2010
Haters will always hate I own a pit so @@@@ all you haters
JMT2077

United States

#69 Oct 31, 2010
rita wrote:
why are shelters adopting out pit bulls, mixed or not? they need to be euthanized. The breed has been ruined by bad breeding. Maybe it can be daved, but it would take a long time, with conscionable breeders. Look at the Scottd Valley shelter, most of dogs up for adoption are pits. At the very least, they should have to be kept, away from children, in secure fencing.
Any dog can be made "bad". The pitbull is not born a bad dog. They are loyal, loving, and funny. The bad rep they have is the owners' fault. If you beat them and train them up mean, then yes, they will be mean. This is true of any dog even the little chihuahua. I owned a purebred pit male and he was the best babysitter for my 2 kids that I have ever had. I now own 2 more pit mixes. One is a pitbull/dalmatian mix and the other is a boxer/pitbull mix. Both are the sweetest, loving little girls. Super smart too. I will take pits and pit mixes over any other breeds.
Daria

Roy, UT

#70 Dec 5, 2010
We just bought a pitbull/boxer mix. And she is so sweet, so smart. She loves my 1 year old daughter. I heard a lot of good things about this breed. Before judging you have to bring one into your home and you will not be able to give it back. They are the sweetest little things ever. Our Little Luna Brings so much joy into our Baby's life!!!!! I have never seen a dog as smart as she is.
1st bullboxer

Lubbock, TX

#71 Jan 3, 2012
Bundle O Love wrote:
Bundle of love or bundle of kill your neighbor's cats and bite your little niece's face off? The writer of this article should be held liable when this halfbreed pitbull inevitably snaps and "unexpectedly" mains or kills someone.
I have a pitbull/boxer mix and he is one of the best dogs I ever had. He loves my family and is my little boys best friend. If you had any clue as to how loving these dogs could be, you would own one yourself but you just buy into the hype and condem them because of what you hear.
I LOVE MY PIT-WALKER MIXX

Tallahassee, FL

#72 Mar 28, 2012
people how down pitbulls and pitbull mix are stupid. only look at the people who raise them. alot of pitbulls are really nive and loving. like mine. she makes sure my little girl is okay everyday and night. and she is 2. she folllows her in the yard and everything else . she is very gental with her and my cat and my mini poodles. she loves people and other dogs. so STOP with the talk about them, i would choose a pit over any other dog. IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW YOUR RAISE THEM... ANY DOG AND BITE, KILL, AND GET IN DOG FIGHTS. SO HUSH.
ILoveMyPitBull

Park Ridge, NJ

#73 Oct 12, 2013
All of you people talking bad about Pit Bulls most likely never owned one, any dog with teeth can bite ( including you if you know what I mean!!). The dogs behavior depends on the owner, if you train your Pit Bull to be aggressive then you will have an aggressive dog, if you train your German Shepherd, Labrador Retriever, cocker spaniel, Chihuahua, shitzu, or poodle to be aggressive then you will have an aggressive dog. Half of you probably don't know how to raise your kids, there are plenty of prostitutes, and drug addicts so because they are the same race as you and your kids than your kids are a bunch of sluts and low life drug addicts!! i have a beautiful Pit Bull, her beat friends are two Chihuahua, my Pit Bull is great with my grandmother and little children she wouldn't hurt a fly if it flew under her paw! My Pit Bull is better behaved and probably shows more manners than you and your kids so before you bash A DOG who can't speak for itself do sonera research and find out how many family have Pit Bulls and how great they are!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News To combat crime, Santa Cruz council members con... (Jul '10) 16 hr All of Santa Cruz 63
News Heroin Highway - Map of heroin traffic in Santa... (May '10) Tue Tourist in Anaheim 26
News Bristol Palin says abstinence best path for teens (May '09) Mon Minimum wage 2,651
djt Dec 2 MAGA 1
News PVUSD ranks 15 among state's 97 districts that ... (Feb '08) Nov 29 Daddy 20
News Fidel Castro: Cuba doesn't fear dialogue with US (Apr '09) Nov 26 Fredo 29
News Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) Nov 26 Tired of the Lies 490

Santa Cruz Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Cruz Mortgages