Posted in the Santa Cruz Forum

28 Neighbors

Sunnyvale, CA

#2 Mar 3, 2013
Wanted this KOOK evicted.
concerned

Santa Cruz, CA

#5 Mar 13, 2013
Trigger warning: this email contains information about sexual assault that may be upsetting to survivors.

On March 13, two high school football players will be put on trial in Steubenville, Ohio. They're accused of raping an unconscious girl at a party for hours while others watched. Pictures were posted on the internet of the girl being dragged upstairs by her wrists and ankles. And their coach has been accused of covering up the alleged crime.
Some people are saying that what happened in Steubenville is part of a culture of hero worship, where star football players can get away with anything. We've seen this over and over again, from Steubenville high school up to the NFL. I'm a college football player, and I've seen it with my own eyes. 

I believe that playing sports is great for kids, and playing football helped me develop into the strong person I am today. But I cannot deny that there's a link between sports culture and rape culture, and that something must be done to fix it.

My friend Carmen and I started a petition on Change.org asking the National Federation of High School Associations, which trains coaches in more than 18,000 high schools, to develop a training to prevent sexual assault. Will you click here to sign?

My friend Carmen has worked as a rape crisis counselor, and one thing that shocks us both is how many women blame themselves for being raped. Even in the Steubenville case, some people tried to blame the alleged victim by saying it was her fault for going to a party alone.

We have got to stop blaming victims and start teaching young men that it is never okay to have sex with someone against her will. Not even if she's drunk, not even if she's your girlfriend.

Playing sports is a privilege, not a right -- and doing so comes with responsibilities for players and for coaches. Training coaches to teach their players to prevent sexual assault is the first step to making sure that what happened in Steubenville never happens again. The National Federation of High School Associations runs trainings that reach over 11 million students, and those trainings are mandated by law in a lot of states. I know that if enough people sign Carmen's and my petition, the NFHSA will see that this is an opportunity to do tremendous good and help millions of kids.

Click here to sign Carmen's and my petition calling on the NFHSA to develop a training to help high school coaches prevent sexual assault.

Thank you,
Connor Clancy
Waterville, Maine
Buzz

San Jose, CA

#6 Mar 13, 2013
The first post which got deleted as well as post#5 and possibly posts #3 & 4 were written by John Colby, Topix most deleted poster.

John Colby, section 8 dwelling, two decades running, unemployed parasite. John is well known in the area for writing letters to different public agencies excoriating their behavior and making demands. The mayor of Santa Cruz chastised him for diverting monies for the homeless for his own personal agenda.
28 of his neighbors presented a petition to the management company of his apartment complex demanding his eviction claiming he was a child molester. SCPD doesn't answer his calls because he's a known crank and cries wolf to often.
You can verify a lot of this if you just Google John Colby Santa Cruz or take a look at his LinkedIn page and you'll see just exactly how nutty he is.

“The buck stops here!”

Since: Sep 12

Scotts Valley

#7 Mar 13, 2013
concerned ColbyLoon wrote:
Trigger warning: this email contains information about sexual assault that may be upsetting to survivors.
On March 13, two high school football players will be put on trial in Steubenville, Ohio. They're accused of raping an unconscious girl at a party for hours while others watched. Pictures were posted on the internet of the girl being dragged upstairs by her wrists and ankles. And their coach has been accused of covering up the alleged crime.
Some people are saying that what happened in Steubenville is part of a culture of hero worship, where star football players can get away with anything. We've seen this over and over again, from Steubenville high school up to the NFL. I'm a college football player, and I've seen it with my own eyes. 
I believe that playing sports is great for kids, and playing football helped me develop into the strong person I am today. But I cannot deny that there's a link between sports culture and rape culture, and that something must be done to fix it.
My friend Carmen and I started a petition on Change.org asking the National Federation of High School Associations, which trains coaches in more than 18,000 high schools, to develop a training to prevent sexual assault. Will you click here to sign?
My friend Carmen has worked as a rape crisis counselor, and one thing that shocks us both is how many women blame themselves for being raped. Even in the Steubenville case, some people tried to blame the alleged victim by saying it was her fault for going to a party alone.
We have got to stop blaming victims and start teaching young men that it is never okay to have sex with someone against her will. Not even if she's drunk, not even if she's your girlfriend.
Playing sports is a privilege, not a right -- and doing so comes with responsibilities for players and for coaches. Training coaches to teach their players to prevent sexual assault is the first step to making sure that what happened in Steubenville never happens again. The National Federation of High School Associations runs trainings that reach over 11 million students, and those trainings are mandated by law in a lot of states. I know that if enough people sign Carmen's and my petition, the NFHSA will see that this is an opportunity to do tremendous good and help millions of kids.
Click here to sign Carmen's and my petition calling on the NFHSA to develop a training to help high school coaches prevent sexual assault.
Thank you,
Connor Clancy
Waterville, Maine
Nowhere to sign, ColbyKook.
BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Security upgrades at Santa Cruz homeless shelte... 2 hr WooF 25
Six protesters who blocked Highway 1 arrested 6 hr louise 2
UC Santa Cruz students shut down Highway 1 in p... 7 hr anon 1
Editorial, UC highway protest: How not to culti... 17 hr WooF 5
No court reporter stalls UCSC water fight: Cour... (Jun '10) Tue jordennancy23 4
Dangerous Teacher/Predator "Buzz" (Feb '13) Tue Donny B 51
Obama to honor troops as Iraq combat mission ends (Aug '10) Mon POS 138
Santa Cruz Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Santa Cruz People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:33 am PST